Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Standing at the foot of the Mountain (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109558)

Gar81 11-01-2017 09:19 PM

Standing at the foot of the Mountain

Hello All,

I'm just after the most amazing experience of my life. I'm attending a philosophy class and we do a short light guided meditation before we begin. As I was listening to the lady voice I feel like I left my body, I was actually looking at myself standing at the foot of a huge mountain while looking up at the top of it for at least 7 seconds and it was so real, I could still hear the woman's voice and then I was back in the philosophy class, but when I opened my eyes the room was bight white and I could not see a thing or the woman who was talking, and she asked me was I alright, and very slowly I could see the room again.

I have no idea what happened could anyone help me understand

Many thanks
Gar

Heidley 12-01-2017 07:15 AM

I can't say exactly what happened but it sounds lovely. And your class sounds really interesting, maybe it was the combined vibration of the group meditating and just a lovely visual to go with it.

sky 12-01-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gar81
Hello All,

I'm just after the most amazing experience of my life. I'm attending a philosophy class and we do a short light guided meditation before we begin. As I was listening to the lady voice I feel like I left my body, I was actually looking at myself standing at the foot of a huge mountain while looking up at the top of it for at least 7 seconds and it was so real, I could still hear the woman's voice and then I was back in the philosophy class, but when I opened my eyes the room was bight white and I could not see a thing or the woman who was talking, and she asked me was I alright, and very slowly I could see the room again.

I have no idea what happened could anyone help me understand

Many thanks
Gar

Visualization at its best, it takes you anywhere you want to go without moving a foot :smile:

Gar81 12-01-2017 08:31 AM

Thanks guys, my own interpretation is that I have been through a lot the last few year and like a lot of newbies here I have found myself on the begging of the journey within. Maybe it represents that I'm just at the start but have a long way to go until I reach the mountain top.

Starman 12-01-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gar81
Thanks guys, my own interpretation is that I have been through a lot the last few year and like a lot of newbies here I have found myself on the begging of the journey within. Maybe it represents that I'm just at the start but have a long way to go until I reach the mountain top.

You say you have been through a lot these past few years and crisis or high stress can push us out of our physical body.
I experienced this when my wife died I was in such anguish and in my grief I had an out-of-body experience.
But I am not saying that is what happened to you; although it could have been. But your own consciousness will take care
of you if you give it your undivided attention on a daily basis. Don't be concerned about "begging on the journey within."
Begging can be humbling and humility can help to further our spiritual awakening.:smile:

Gar81 12-01-2017 03:07 PM

Thanks star man ����