Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   body rejecting cooked food (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56229)

emilyhoney 03-09-2013 04:31 PM

body rejecting cooked food

hello,
i went vegetarian 2 years ago, then quickly vegan. i now eat at least 3 (out of 5) raw meals a day. in the past couple weeks, cooked food has made me so sick. i only eat organic.... so even organic, lightly cooked veggies or soups are making me extremely bloated, tired, nauseated... feels like i have a stomach flu!
i have been keeping a diary, and have pinpointed my sick feelings to the cooked food. last night, i even threw up & had stomach problems after eating 4 cooked meals in 24 hours (i wanted to test it).

my body seems to be rejecting cooked food, just like when i inadvertently eat something with animal products in it - my body rejects it. despite my explicit explanation, sometimes vegetables will be cooked with animal grease at a restaurant - the only way i know is because i will throw it up soon after. then the restaurant investigates & confirms.

i don't eat soy or gluten, this happens when i eat cooked organic veggies, soup, etc...

has this happened to anyone else??

Silver 03-09-2013 05:45 PM

Hi emilyhoney,

Can you give an example of a daily menu - What do your 3 - 5 meals typically consist of? Do you prepare your own meals most of the time?

I hope somebody can help, that sounds awful.

emilyhoney 03-09-2013 05:59 PM

i mostly prepare my own meals. a typical day:
1. two organic, humane eggs in the morning, with salsa, coffee with raw honey
2. organic fruit
3. organic salad (variations of raw veggies - greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, sometimes garbanzo beans) with oil & vinegar, or lemon & herbs
4. cooked organic veggies, like zucchini or mushrooms, or organic vegan soup
5. fruit or another salad

Arcturus 03-09-2013 06:27 PM

hi, its possible that your system cannot handle the amount of raw food you're eating; which is not excessive but different strokes. in chinese medicine they say that more than a little raw can weaken the spleen/pancreas meridian. this meridian also processes sugars including fruit sugar and its high period is bewteen 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. it is said that you shouldn't eat sugars or very little at this time as it makes it difficult for this meridian to rejuvanate. this meridan is also negatively affected by cold or too much raw (more so at this time and more so in winter).

to be vegeytarian/vegan healthily requires a body with a good natural ground. gluten free should've helped that. might seem like a strange thing to do but, if you like, try 2-3 days on just cooked food and see if that helps. no cold drinks and low g.i. too much fruit sugar alone is not good. i know of a story about a woman who came down with a chronic longterm illness following a fruit juice cleanse and my bro was illl on veg juices. it doesn't help everyone. could be summat else of course.

Tobi 03-09-2013 08:45 PM

Could this be because the food is warm/hot? Have you tried eating lightly-steamed food that's gone cold? (only to find out if it's the warmth of the food that bothers you)
For instance, when making a salad, I sometimes lightly steam green beans or broccoli to add to the salad when it cools.

Some people cannot eat hot food.

emilyhoney 04-09-2013 03:49 PM

cold cooked food is a bit easier, but not significantly.
also the less cooked it is, the less it bothers me.

Arcturus 04-09-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyhoney
cold cooked food is a bit easier, but not significantly.
also the less cooked it is, the less it bothers me.

theres a contradiction there if i may point out.

cold cooked food is better

the less cooked it is, the less it bothers me

the reason i say a few days is because in any one day the affect on your spleen by raw is gonna affect everything else (if iraw is a problem) including the cooked food you're eating. it takes until the next day foir the spleen to rejuvantate (9-11 a.m.) following any negative impact you inadvertently cause. you'll never know if you eat raw and cooked on the same day if what i say is right.

the chinese messed around with this for 5000 years. raw fad is still virginal in the us. experiment, tune in, you're body will tell you, if you can listen to it..don't listen to anything else..physically wise

Belle 07-09-2013 06:59 PM

Just at a quick glance, I'm wondering about the quantity of protein in your diet?

But, that aside, you should see a doctor or a nutritionist to discuss this.

Time 08-09-2013 01:00 PM

I agree with belle and vecta

In terms of evolution, the real breakthrough in diet, wasnt eating meat in itself, or wansnt necassarily the diversity in the diet, its when we COOKED food.

Cooking half digests the food for us, therfore our digestive systems never really needed to adapt. There was a great experiment done, where 10 "average" people ate like our closest relative who was as strict raw veggie eater (I think it was homo habilis). His jaw is larger and so are his teeth, as well as them being flatter then ours.

Anyways, the people basically sat down all day eating the 10 pounds of raw food we need to eat on a raw food diet. After a week, all people were going to the bathroom 5 times a day, and not having "regular" bowel movements. They felt bloated, gassy and uncomfertable. This is because our bodies cannot break down only raw food, we need to cook it to release the startches and break down the cellulose which surrounds the plant cells.

Of course, I am not by any means suggesting that we CANT or SHOULDNT eat raw food. Nothing beats a fresh fridge cold apple or nectarine!

Songbirds 13-09-2013 12:40 AM

You should try to put cooked food back into your diet. There's nothing wrong with eating raw food, but cooking is also beneficial in some ways as listed above. Try to eat small servings of one cooked vegetable until you start to feel a little bit better, then keep building it up. Keep some raw food in your diet as it is also beneficial.

However, it would be better if you discuss this with your doctor.