Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Can your guides still be living people? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127911)

Moon Willow 10-02-2019 11:44 PM

Can your guides still be living people?

I did a meditation last night, as I've been trying to get to know my guides a bit better, and one of my guides came forward and said their name was Esther Hicks. I thought this name sounded familiar so googled it this morning and realised it is linked with Abraham-Hicks - Law of Attraction etc.

Do you think a guide can be someone still living or more likely just my subconscious trying to bring something to my attention?

Thanks for your ideas :smile:

John32241 11-02-2019 02:22 PM

Hi,

I know we can get good spiritual guidance from living people, so I would think yes. There are many aspects to guides. Esther Hicks could also be the higher self for that incarnated person. I know those things happen with me.

I do not exclude my subconscious from spiritual discussions. All input and points of view are appreciated.

John

LadyMay 11-02-2019 07:20 PM

Perhaps, though I'm not sure how common it is or if the people themselves are aware of it.

This reminds me when I went through a hard time in my spiritual life and I saw the spirit of an old spiritual friend I had not seen in years. They helped me out and my intuition was saying contact them. So I did and they had no idea their spirit was helping me out but by reaching out they could continue to help me in the physical too for that period of time.

wstein 12-02-2019 02:07 AM

Yes, guides can be living beings. More commonly such people are called teachers. However if they appear to you only in spiritual/astral/dream form then calling them a 'guide' is also appropriate.

Moongrass 12-02-2019 02:48 AM

I think to know if you're on the right track - there will be signs through various means confirming your path as you follow your intuition. Even 'wrong' tracks contribute to our development though imo. I'd be interested to hear how things develop if you feel like sharing :)

Moon Willow 12-02-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I know we can get good spiritual guidance from living people, so I would think yes. There are many aspects to guides. Esther Hicks could also be the higher self for that incarnated person. I know those things happen with me.

I do not exclude my subconscious from spiritual discussions. All input and points of view are appreciated.

John

Thanks for your insights. I was thinking along the lines of higher selves too but love hearing others wisdom and experiences as well.

Moon Willow 12-02-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moongrass
I think to know if you're on the right track - there will be signs through various means confirming your path as you follow your intuition. Even 'wrong' tracks contribute to our development though imo. I'd be interested to hear how things develop if you feel like sharing :)

Thanks Moongrass. I will see how things go and let you know. My family has all come down with colds so will just nurse everyone through this week then get back to my 'work' :biggrin:

Moon Willow 12-02-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Yes, guides can be living beings. More commonly such people are called teachers. However if they appear to you only in spiritual/astral/dream form then calling them a 'guide' is also appropriate.

Thank you :smile:

Moon Willow 12-02-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
Perhaps, though I'm not sure how common it is or if the people themselves are aware of it.

This reminds me when I went through a hard time in my spiritual life and I saw the spirit of an old spiritual friend I had not seen in years. They helped me out and my intuition was saying contact them. So I did and they had no idea their spirit was helping me out but by reaching out they could continue to help me in the physical too for that period of time.

That's really interesting about your friend - thanks for sharing. I think our higher selves are out 'working' more than we realise :smile: