Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   flashing lights while meditating? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104482)

dutchiexx 15-08-2016 10:15 PM

flashing lights while meditating?

every night before i go to sleep, i meditate for a bit, i usually meditate while sitting up, but recently i began to meditate while lying down, when i do this, after a few minuets, i start seeing bright white flashes of light through my eyelids.
its as if someone is shining a flashlight in my face.as i observed the flashes, they seemed to begin flashing more frequently, they almost got as fast as a strobe light lol.i ended up ending my meditation cause these lights were really distracting.

has any of you ever experienced something like this?

sea-dove 16-08-2016 01:07 AM

I have got that at times. I commonly used to get when meditating, almost every single time at one point.

I dont know if this is right or not but I thought it was due to my third eye chakra like strobing one could say, either opening a bit more on and off or discharging energy. At times I felt like a third eye throb with this light strobe thing. It can be quite blinding.

I dont allow this to unsettle me but just keep meditating.

dutchiexx 16-08-2016 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea-dove
I have got that at times. I commonly used to get when meditating, almost every single time at one point.

I dont know if this is right or not but I thought it was due to my third eye chakra like strobing one could say, either opening a bit more on and off or discharging energy. At times I felt like a third eye throb with this light strobe thing. It can be quite blinding.

I dont allow this to unsettle me but just keep meditating.

interesting, that sounds about right, because, once i began to test how vivid i could see in my minds eye, thats usually when it starts.like, i imagined a tree, and it was so clear, it was like i was really there, then i started geting the flashes

XalosJuryin 12-09-2017 11:49 PM

Is it literally white, though? Or is it like when you look up to the Sun or some other source of light and it all gets colourful in your vision? You know what I mean?

Divine Consciousness 13-09-2017 10:12 AM

Its normal, but in meditation we supposed to ignore every vision and concentrate on meditation.

DalesRealMeditation 24-09-2017 05:27 AM

Flashes of white light are an indication that you have been sitting for long periods. It is a sign of progress towards thinking less sand worrying less but it is not an end in and of itself... It's preliminary to spontaneous Pranayama but not prerequisite.

In other words, your next step likely is to release your bondage to the material world and enter Pranayama and see what the next level experiences are like

Astro 24-09-2017 09:24 AM

I only do basic mediations to soak up chi so have little experience, & generally do not see these lights. However I've seen them at other times when relaxing or going to bed & in my modest experience they are consistent with the presence of spirits: I see these flashes as something that emanates from the orbs of spirits.