Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why cant the dead come back to life? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6911)

paper100 26-11-2010 06:48 AM

Why cant the dead come back to life?

Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

mac 26-11-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

If an individual has died, then they can't come back to life. If someone appears to have 'returned from the dead' then that individual wasn't dead in the first place. :wink:

No matter how many convincing stories about so-called NDE's you may read, apparent near-death is not the same as actual death - makes total sense if you think about it. And that assumes that the situation was accurately diagnosed and honestly reported. It's a sad fact that anecdotes frequently get embellished...reports can easily be changed by someone preferring fantasy over reality.

These forum boards have many such instances.

psychoslice 26-11-2010 08:17 AM

I don't know, maybe these story are not really true, or there could be more to the story than what we are told. ?.

Chrysaetos 26-11-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life.

That's not possible, you're either dead or alive. You can't be dead for days and return to your body. Obviously the body was still functioning but the person wasn't aware of it.
Quote:

If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

Good questions. You could say these people do get back (reincarnation).

What about zombification? Or necromancy? :icon_eek:

ROM 26-11-2010 09:29 AM

I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.

mac 26-11-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rom2014
I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.

bang on right! :smile:

I refrained from offering this explanation myself because not everyone is open to such ideas...:wink:

deepsea 26-11-2010 10:11 AM

Once death takes place,that's it.
No coming back unless, as has been said the silver cord breaks.
NDE's are the nearest forms of death.

Deepsea

psychoslice 26-11-2010 10:19 AM

Why would the so called dead want to come back ?, when the reality is that there was no one to die, if you want to come back well a nice brand new body would be better, not a half decaying used body, stinky stinky lol.

NightSpirit 26-11-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Hi all

Why would they want to?

mac 26-11-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Why would they want to?

Why wouldn't they just as easily....?

But who claimed they did want to?

And who knows if there is any choice anyway?:wink: