Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Near Death Experience (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103333)

MARDAV70 10-07-2016 06:36 PM

My Near Death Experience

I'm posting my NDE as to what I actually experienced (and remember because there might be more that I can't recall for whatever reason) for those who might be interested. Also, what I learned from it. I'm doing this because I'm also interested in any one else who's had a NDE and what they've experienced and learned.

So first, a little about my background. I was born and raised traditional Christian (Lutheran). As I grew up and became educated I began to question the reality of what my religion had taught me and contemplating the reality of the existence of a God. At first in my questioning, I rejected the possibilities that a loving God would destroy everything but those on the Ark for the sins of mankind, the Adam and Eve story and virgin birth and looked at them as symbolic. Didn't much think about it after that, although I did say a prayer asking that if I was wrong to be shown so, and putting faith in if I was wrong God would let me know. After a few years, didn't give mush thought to it and finally after a couple decades came to the belief that we're born into this world, we die and that's it. Science can't find these things, so they must not exist. No afterlife, no judgement, no God. We cease to exist, and I was fine with it. All this time I still tried to apply the Golden Rule just because it's good to be a decent human being.
Then at 58 I had a heart attack. I flat lined three times. The first time I flat lined was when it happened.

I had an uneasy feeling in my chest as I got up from the computer, like I'd sit too long in the wrong posture or maybe I had indigestion. But then the pain became much more intense, so much so I knew it had to be a heart attack. It became unbearable pain, yet I had no choice but to endure it. I told my partner I was having a heart attack and at first we went out to the car as he was going to drive me to the emergency room. He couldn't "make the key work", so he called 911. The EMTs got there, put me on a gurney and wheeled me to the ambulance. The one EMT said he was going to get me stabilized before taking off. It was then everything went pitch black. I had no idea where or who or even what I was. I only knew I existed, and it was as if I had just came into existence. There was no fear. I wondered to myself "what?", not in English, but as just the thought. Suddenly from my left, plants and trees and blue sky began to emerge. I felt love and welcome from these plants...and a familiarity to them. I thought to myself in English, "so, this is the way it is!".

As the plants appeared in front of me I knew there was something incredibly wonderful beyond those plants and I couldn't wait to explore. I felt like a kid when it's the best day ever. I felt "whole" and sensed a state of being and state of reality not ever equaled in this "physical" world.

As I tried to go to explore my feet felt as if they were attached to the ground. When I looked down to see what was holding them I felt the feeling of the heart attack in my chest, but it was the action of the feeling completely without pain. It seemed to make me realize the "self" a bit. When I looked down I didn't see my feet, but like I instead was looking out into...space...eternity(?). It was like a change of scene in a movie. What I saw was like looking into the cosmos, but light bluish, misty grey. I saw a couple thin, distant lines, and one of which was slightly arched. I also saw a huge sphere, like a huge planet way in the distance. I couldn't make out any features other than it was a massive sphere...and probably not a planet or star. I have no idea what those things were or what they meant. I didn't question...I merely observed in awe.

Then I looked over to the right and slightly down. There were these features like squarish or rectangle shaped bubbles, the color of a t.v. screen when turned off. One flashed in a micro second. It was this life...so I assume the others (there were many) were my other lives. What I saw was not my life, but how society in our world has become...how people become wrapped up in their lives in attaining personal and material things and cast aside concern for others. It was at this point that within me came the knowledge I had to return to this life. I said "oh, no". I truly didn't want to return to this plane, dimension...whatever it is. I wanted to stay in that place but reluctantly accepted it. Next thing I knew I opened my eyes and saw that EMT feverishly working to "bring me back". I only thought to myself "Dog gone it...why'd you have to bring me back!". I felt that same intense, horrible feeling in my chest. But, it meant absolutely nothing. Then, I was out again. Came to in the ER for a second or two, out again until I woke up in ICCU. I knew what had happened to me.

What I learned from this is that it doesn't matter what you believe (or don't believe), but that unconditional love is the most important thing that exists. Practicing the Golden Rule has no equal, has no exceptions. That we have many lives, and the reality is not here, but in that other place. If everyone, or at least far more people, would have a similar experience, life on this planet could be a paradise.

So, that's my story. Comments and/or questions are welcome, but what I'd really like is to read other's here at SF stories of NDEs and what they've come away with because of it.

Thanks for reading!
Namaste.

shoresh 10-07-2016 08:04 PM

Thank you MarDav70 for sharing your precious experience. I only had a very brief experience right before a gallbladder surgery, where I went to a white space (I think it was a holding area now), and my last thought was, "If this is death, I am okay with it". I was only 24 years when this occurred.
It would seem like you may have passed through the "void" space, (the pitch black space). I have had others describe that area -- seems to be a pass-through zone of some sort.
I love the description of the new landscape you describe, it is fascinating. Did you notice whether it had the same solidness feel as being on the earth dimension? I think the vibrational frequency adjusts with in each environment to our current body that houses our consciousness.
When you said that when you looked down at your feet and could see the cosmos instead, it does seem like a very different set of physics are in place...I think I heard Mary Neal (doctor who had a NDE) describe something similar...I will try to find that interview for you.
I do thank you for sharing this experience...you may consider sharing it also with the NDERF.org site, which is seen internationally.
Blessings.

shoresh 10-07-2016 08:30 PM

Also, did you encounter any Lightbeings or others during this experience?
Thank you.

MARDAV70 11-07-2016 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoresh
Thank you MarDav70 for sharing your precious experience. I only had a very brief experience right before a gallbladder surgery, where I went to a white space (I think it was a holding area now), and my last thought was, "If this is death, I am okay with it". I was only 24 years when this occurred.
It would seem like you may have passed through the "void" space, (the pitch black space). I have had others describe that area -- seems to be a pass-through zone of some sort.
I love the description of the new landscape you describe, it is fascinating. Did you notice whether it had the same solidness feel as being on the earth dimension? I think the vibrational frequency adjusts with in each environment to our current body that houses our consciousness.
When you said that when you looked down at your feet and could see the cosmos instead, it does seem like a very different set of physics are in place...I think I heard Mary Neal (doctor who had a NDE) describe something similar...I will try to find that interview for you.
I do thank you for sharing this experience...you may consider sharing it also with the NDERF.org site, which is seen internationally.
Blessings.

Hi Shoresh!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Per research I've done on NDEs, no matter how brief, many of us come away from a NDE with the feeling of "death" not being something to dread or fear at all.

No, I saw no other beings of any kind.

I didn't notice a "solid feeling" at my feet (nor did I notice an absence of it), but everything seemed/looked solid/real. I do remember I wanted to push myself from my feet and fly over those trees.

As far as a threshold or holding place, what makes sense to me is that our consciousness hasn't yet completely severed it's connection to the physical body, so we're "there", but not completely. The completion would occur when the physical vessel can no longer continue to live. When I felt that feeling of the heart attack without the pain as I was anticipating crossing over those trees (how can one do that but fly...lol?), I think that might possibly have been the moment the EMT had started medication through an I.V. that led to bringing me back.
Some speak of a "silver thread" that once it's severed, consciousness/spirit will no longer be able to incarnate back into the body it just left.

Yep, I agree...the physics must be quite different than in this plane. Maybe consciousness constructs it's own physics, likely on a level that can't be detected in this dimension.
I'd be very interested in reading about Mary Neal's experience. Thank you!

I have shared my story with NDERF.org (or one very similar, but I'm almost positive it was NDERF.org) several years ago. Nonetheless, thank you for the suggestion. It may be of use to others, as I'd encourage them to do so.

Namaste, dear friend.

LPC 15-07-2016 09:06 PM

A fascinating account, Mardav! I have never had a NDE, but have some experience of astral projection. There are many parallels.

MARDAV70 17-07-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPC
A fascinating account, Mardav! I have never had a NDE, but have some experience of astral projection. There are many parallels.

Thanks, LPC]A. I'm in total agreement. I guess we have whatever experiences we have...like for you astral projection, or for others OBEs, visions/dreams, ESP, repeated observations being around dying/death and even possibly remote viewing. I think we all have whatever moments/gifts that serve to connect us with our inner being. Some pay attention, but sadly too many others discard them, attributing them to other "more realistic" ("scientific") explanations. And worst of all, some attempt to profit from them.

Namaste

7luminaries 17-07-2016 05:08 PM

Very interesting, Mardav...thanks for sharing!

Peace & blessings,
7L

MARDAV70 17-07-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Very interesting, Mardav...thanks for sharing!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Thank you, 7luminaries...happy to share...and learn of other's experiences and thoughts so that we might all benefit from it...!

Still_Waters 17-07-2016 09:01 PM

My Own Near Death Experience Many Years Ago

Since I had previously told MARDAV70 that I would share my own near-death-experience once a thread was started on this subject, I am now fulfilling my part of that agreement since MARDAV70 has indeed started a near-death-experience thread. :smile:

In my early 20s, I was in an "irreversible coma" for three days during which I was finally taken off life support since there was no hope of recovery and, in the unlikely event of a recovery, doctors had told my family that there would be significant brain damage and organ damage.

In that state, I could see my body from afar as well as doctors, nurses, family members near my bedside, and the Roman Catholic priest administering the last rites. I could also clearly see my brother and sister down the hallway and could describe accurately what they were wearing despite the fact that they never entered the room. From afar, I was very aware of what was transpiring both locally and non-locally. There were no spatial limitations or physical barriers that could not be transcended simply by shifting attention.

There was also an unfathomable peace that can not be described. Before me, I could clearly see a cross-legged being of light whose facial features I could not make out but who radiated peace and contentment. I was perfectly content to stay in this peaceful place with this cross-legged being. (Paradoxically, coming from a Roman Catholic background, I had no prior exposure to eastern meditation or eastern practices so this appearance was quite alien to my background at that particular time.)

Without words, it became clear that it was not yet time to leave the earthly plane as there was more work to be done there. There were absolutely no concerns about the physical vehicle as my attention shifted to the lifeless body below. The life-force consciously re-entered the body and I sat up SYMPTOM FREE and said, "I'm hungry and want to go home". The doctors had no explanation as I excitedly related the details of my adventure from which I had emerged completely symptom-free. I was completely lucid and not the least bit groggy or indisposed.

Since that time, there has been no fear of death and I now view death as a non-event. I discovered that the worldly appearance is not what it appears to be and got a lot of insight into the nature of life, health, and the mysteries of life and death. The appearance of the cross-legged being triggered an intense spiritual quest away from my unsatisfying religious tradition and into eastern practices. This culminated in realizing the value in all traditions with some being more direct than others and some being more appropriate than others for different temperaments. Along the pathless path of the spiritual quest, I was blessed to have had many very special companions on the journey to lighten the way and enlighten.

As for the cross-legged being of light, that "vision" was completely misunderstood by me and it was only years later that I finally realized what that was all about. Some of you might intuitively sense what happened but it was not evident to me for years.

Lastly, how I got into that state is another story for another time and one that is not really relevant to this discussion. I am mentioning this because I am not inclined to address questions on that subject at this time.

shoresh 18-07-2016 01:59 AM

Thank you Still Waters for sharing such a sacred experience. I have been studying about the Light Beings for awhile. It is interesting that you DID NOT have a NDE according to your defined religious belief systems at the time. I think that is a common fallacy after reading so many.

Did you get the sense the Light Being was a higher level spiritual being rather than a human? It would seem there are some kind of "caretakers" on that Other side...some seem to believe that they are humans, more spiritually evolved, perhaps those that have been on the Other side for awhile; and other people felt the Light Beings were another higher level, perhaps beyond what we currently conceive or term as angels, but spiritual messengers and caretakers nonetheless. You don't need to respond to that question if it makes you uncomfortable though.

Again, thanks for sharing this sacred experience, how valuable it is to others to know life continues on. I am still trying to make some sense of the many sudden passings in my own life.