Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Signs from Beyond (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117659)

happyhaunts03 16-10-2017 12:05 AM

Signs from Beyond

This past weekend while I was camping, my step-mother's favorite necklace showed up in my mother's purse. My mother hasn't used the purse in years and the necklace wasn't lost until December 2016. My step-mother passed away in February. My mom told me after she found it, she got the strangest sense that she was supposed to give it to me, like it was mine.

I sometimes see/feel my step-mother in my third eye. She comes to me as she looked in her 20s, or so I imagine. I have only seen black and white photos of her at that age, and then only one. I hadn't seen her for a while, but I have to believe she was with us this past weekend. It was the first time we had gone camping since she passed and we were in her favorite site.

Anyway, it was just such a magical experience that I wanted to put it out there. My step-mother and I were somewhat close, but it's surprising to me how she continues to give me support even in the afterlife as I didn't think she cared so deeply during life. Has anyone else ever had someone surprising continue to contact you after death? And, if so, has there always been a purpose, or is it just random?

Tobi 16-10-2017 12:36 AM

Yes I was contacted by my husband's sister, whom I hardly knew and had only met about three times. We didn't even apparently have a great deal in common.
She came quickly and briefly soon after her passing to ask me urgently to pass on a message to my husband....which I did. Yes she had a definite purpose.
Even when it was verified (something I had not known about before) -even then, at the time I still took some convincing about the reality of "life after death" (!)
It took a little more time and experiences of another nature to 100% convince me.

That lady has not been back to visit me since. I wish her well in the afterlife.

SaturninePluto 16-10-2017 02:08 AM

Yes.

I have had 3 examples of past family contacting me after death.

My grandfather from father's side in a dream came as a voice, his voice. He told me to not be so negative. I felt then that yes he cared about me, he really didn't show it too much when growing up. He favored my cousin.

He came more recently again as a voice to let me know a living member of my father's family had just died.

His brother, my great uncle came to me when I was sixteen to talk to me about his health and his passing, and to tell my grandfather what he was telling me- to attempt to confirm, and shake my grandfather into realizing he was there, is here, and to let him know there is life after death. He also wanted me to pass the message along to my grandfather to let go of any guilt, and to start laughing more. My grandfather did start to open up and laugh more a bit- more-so closer towards the end of his physical life.

Another family member my grandfather on my mother's side, came to my mother in a dream to tell her something important in relation to me her daughter, but she would not listen to what he said, as her father and her had a lot of coldness between them, when he was alive. We never exactly found out what he had wanted to say.

So yes I have. It has seemed random, but isn't as there is a purpose, and they have made contact when they are trying to say something very important.

I feel this is the case with many people.

Cherish the memory of your step mother. :) I think very much your mother gave you the necklace for a reason. I do believe your step mom wanted you to have it.

:hug3:

Firetastic 19-10-2017 01:02 PM

My mum's friend dad passed away and that night her and her husbnad were sitting talking about him in bed. They had lights on their wardrobe and alll of a sudden they flickered up and down. Never did it before and never did it since.

When my mum told my Papa he said I will do something bigger and better. So fast forward a few years later. My Papa is dying and my Gran is sitting with him upstairs in the ward. My mum and dad had gone downstairs to the canteen for something to eat. When all of a sudden the lights above their head went up and down up and down. My dad said to Mum "Oh power cut" My mum said "No I think my father has just gone" Sure enough when they went back up to the ward he had just passed away.

dream jo 19-10-2017 02:47 PM

iv had fethrs on my steps fethrs lan on top of me iv let ballosn off for my dad wish go pop lod thy do
i let a metloc 1 off for fahrs day i did wish did fly hi it did it deffo rechd hevn it did heven it did

CrystalSong 20-10-2017 03:55 PM

I do professional psychic reading for people and it is not uncommon at all for those who have crossed over into spirit form to make their presence known and leave messages of comfort/love/support/presence for the person I'm reading for. In some instances long two way conversations in which I just act as the conduit/translator, while the two communicate back and forth on complex issues.
I've even had people be brought to me by Spirits so they could move messages and comfort to the person. I'm getting to understand now that when a person shows up in front of me with a perplexed look or slightly spooked look on their face and say "Why am I here?" or "I feel utterly compelled to come to you but don't know why." that it is likely someone who loves them and is no longer in body that wants to communicate to them.
I conceder myself a poor channel at best, there are so many who are much better at this than me, but sometimes I'm all that's available apparently.

I think it's a beautiful act of love that your step-mother is still in contact with you and letting you know you aren't alone and that you are well-loved. Magical indeed! You are very blessed :)

Native spirit 21-10-2017 11:06 AM

As a medium i give messages of validation all the time but the best one was a few years back,i had gone to the Healing sanctuary which i used to go to,
a couple of women came in they sat down,as it was a closed circle the doors were shut. i started to give a message to one woman which i described where her husband was,he was in a coffin in her house ready for burial the next day.he wanted to know why she had put him in front of a unit he hated.
next thing he said look under the bed in the spare room you will find what you are looking for.
she came back the next week telling us she went to the funeral with a smile on her face under the bed she found her necklace which she thought she had lost .she came in a sceptic she went out a believer.

Namaste

Colorado 22-10-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
This past weekend while I was camping, my step-mother's favorite necklace showed up in my mother's purse. My mother hasn't used the purse in years and the necklace wasn't lost until December 2016. My step-mother passed away in February. My mom told me after she found it, she got the strangest sense that she was supposed to give it to me, like it was mine.

I sometimes see/feel my step-mother in my third eye. She comes to me as she looked in her 20s, or so I imagine. I have only seen black and white photos of her at that age, and then only one. I hadn't seen her for a while, but I have to believe she was with us this past weekend. It was the first time we had gone camping since she passed and we were in her favorite site.

Anyway, it was just such a magical experience that I wanted to put it out there. My step-mother and I were somewhat close, but it's surprising to me how she continues to give me support even in the afterlife as I didn't think she cared so deeply during life. Has anyone else ever had someone surprising continue to contact you after death? And, if so, has there always been a purpose, or is it just random?

What a great story....thank you for sharing. Back in those days, people were raised different, they weren’t as openly affectionate as the newer generations are...not as expressive. People kept their more,affectionate emotions to themselves, generally. Some of my best memories are with my older generation of family members...who have passed on now. Mainly, they were good with the grandchildren, and great grandchildren...often spending time talking to us. Good conversations, you know....take care of your teeth, life, silly people, hard work, etc.

Yes, I have been contacted, and had odd experiences like that. With out amdoubt in my mind...that necklace belongs to you, your other mother wanted you to have it.

I have so many stories I have shared, but one of my favorites is my young uncle who died in Vietnam, he was 20 years old, right before his 21st birthday.

I wasn’t born until 1978, I have a huge family....lots of cousins, aunts and uncles...with some of the women having late in life children into their forties. I had never heard of him before, I think it was too hard for my great grandparents to talk about.

I lost contact with my great grandparents as a kid, well into adulthood, because my parents divorced and I moved 5 states away.

I would have random dreams, and at times....this young boy/guy would appear to the left of my dream. He would just stand there. What was odd, was that the dreams would change, sometimes several times a night....just jumbled stuff that didn’t make any sense...but he would be there. I would notice him there, but I would never really give him much thought.

This went on for years, and then one day...I thought “who the heck is that?” Weird, why is this young guy in my dreams?

If you have read any of my posts, most of my psychic experiences, happen in my dreams. Premonitions, visits from deceased and alive people, visits from angels, guides, etc.

Well, one night...I was having a random dream, and he showed up again, there on the left...and this time...I paid attention to him. I look over and said....who are you???

And he held up a flashing neon yellow sign....that just read, “1968” It was blinking and very bright. That made me feel like he wanted my attention, and this was a message.

He didn’t say anything, just this flashy sign that you would see at a bar n grill, or to advertise a beer.

I knew then, he was a spirit...and not some random image from my dreams.

I asked my mother on the phone, whom died in 1968, and she said my grandmother, and I said...no, a young male, around 20years old....she asked my aunts at her house, and they didn’t know. Nobody on her side knew. I let it go...second guessing the experience.

A couple of years later, I was reading my great grandfathers obituary online...and there he was...it said that my great grandfather had joined his wife, and two of his children in death. Then it mentioned my uncle, who I had never met...who also served our country(so did my great grandfather in WW2) and lost his life in Vietnam in 1968. He was 20 years old.

That’s how I found out about him.

I know I have never formerly met him, and it sounds strange...but I love him to pieces. Now, it seems he has always been apart of my life. I have pictures of him now, on the “memorial wall” and online, as well as with me, to keep his memory alive. He looked just like my moms side and my little nephews.... light curly blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples. He was adorable, just like them.

It broke my heart, that he died in war...so far away from his family and home. I include him, and his battalion in my prayers, and in the memorials.

Firetastic 22-10-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado
What a great story....thank you for sharing. Back in those days, people were raised different, they weren’t as openly affectionate as the newer generations are...not as expressive. People kept their more,affectionate emotions to themselves, generally. Some of my best memories are with my older generation of family members...who have passed on now. Mainly, they were good with the grandchildren, and great grandchildren...often spending time talking to us. Good conversations, you know....take care of your teeth, life, silly people, hard work, etc.

Yes, I have been contacted, and had odd experiences like that. With out amdoubt in my mind...that necklace belongs to you, your other mother wanted you to have it.

I have so many stories I have shared, but one of my favorites is my young uncle who died in Vietnam, he was 20 years old, right before his 21st birthday.

I wasn’t born until 1978, I have a huge family....lots of cousins, aunts and uncles...with some of the women having late in life children into their forties. I had never heard of him before, I think it was too hard for my great grandparents to talk about.

I lost contact with my great grandparents as a kid, well into adulthood, because my parents divorced and I moved 5 states away.

I would have random dreams, and at times....this young boy/guy would appear to the left of my dream. He would just stand there. What was odd, was that the dreams would change, sometimes several times a night....just jumbled stuff that didn’t make any sense...but he would be there. I would notice him there, but I would never really give him much thought.

This went on for years, and then one day...I thought “who the heck is that?” Weird, why is this young guy in my dreams?

If you have read any of my posts, most of my psychic experiences, happen in my dreams. Premonitions, visits from deceased and alive people, visits from angels, guides, etc.

Well, one night...I was having a random dream, and he showed up again, there on the left...and this time...I paid attention to him. I look over and said....who are you???

And he held up a flashing neon yellow sign....that just read, “1968” It was blinking and very bright. That made me feel like he wanted my attention, and this was a message.

He didn’t say anything, just this flashy sign that you would see at a bar n grill, or to advertise a beer.

I knew then, he was a spirit...and not some random image from my dreams.

I asked my mother on the phone, whom died in 1968, and she said my grandmother, and I said...no, a young male, around 20years old....she asked my aunts at her house, and they didn’t know. Nobody on her side knew. I let it go...second guessing the experience.

A couple of years later, I was reading my great grandfathers obituary online...and there he was...it said that my great grandfather had joined his wife, and two of his children in death. Then it mentioned my uncle, who I had never met...who also served our country(so did my great grandfather in WW2) and lost his life in Vietnam in 1968. He was 20 years old.

That’s how I found out about him.

I know I have never formerly met him, and it sounds strange...but I love him to pieces. Now, it seems he has always been apart of my life. I have pictures of him now, on the “memorial wall” and online, as well as with me, to keep his memory alive. He looked just like my moms side and my little nephews.... light curly blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples. He was adorable, just like them.

It broke my heart, that he died in war...so far away from his family and home. I include him, and his battalion in my prayers, and in the memorials.

Awww that's a lovely story.

Colorado 22-10-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firetastic
Awww that's a lovely story.

Thank you for taking the time to read it. This is one of my favorite spiritual experiences of my life....and there’s so much more to this story, that I have shared in the past, so many more questions.

However, I try to not complicate the experience and accept it, for what it was. It helps me to keep faith when times get rough. I know, from my experiences, that there is more to life than we see.