Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Suicide (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12912)

pitchfork 20-03-2011 07:08 PM

Suicide

Hi there.

I was wondering today - presuming that our consciousness doesn't die with the physical body - what's wrong with suicide? Why shouldn't I kill myself to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards? ;D

All of world's religions have some sort of an opinion. What do you think (or know)?

daisy 20-03-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards

and once you did know what then?
Isn't life short enough?

tragblack 20-03-2011 07:38 PM

Everyone is going to die. Why are you worried you won't find out unless you do it now?

livluv 20-03-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork
what's wrong with suicide?

Why do you ask? What inside urges the question?

I hope I don't sound judgemental for asking, but do you ask it from a "self"ish place? The act itself will have a ripple effect on everyone/thing.

If you want proof for consciousness, you can find it in life. It's everywhere/thing.

livluv 20-03-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy
and once you did know what then?
Isn't life short enough?

kudos! short & sweet

Mind's Eye 20-03-2011 09:40 PM

I don't believe in hell but I think if someone were to commit suicide just for the sake of doing it, there may be some backlash or karmic penalty for it in the next dimension of life. I surely wouldn't chance such a thing.

Although I do believe that those who are in serious mental distress or are mentally ill and commit suicide have no backlash or karma... I feel they are comforted and helped once they enter into the light.

MurciƩlago 20-03-2011 09:51 PM

I don't beliive in the christian concept of hell or really karmic backlash for that matter but I do know that a person who commits suicide 8 outa 10 times dosent go on(to wherever that may that be reincarnation or what) immediately they stay for a long time.

Rah nam 20-03-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork
Hi there.

I was wondering today - presuming that our consciousness doesn't die with the physical body - what's wrong with suicide? Why shouldn't I kill myself to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards? ;D

All of world's religions have some sort of an opinion. What do you think (or know)?

The question makes little sense to me, if you cross over you will know, no matter how you cross over. I have to make a correction on this statement.
Your awareness on the initial crossing over, (from the physical to the non physical earth realm) depends almost entirely on your state of mind at the point of crossing over.
Once you come back, you will have the same veil as you have now.
So, what would be the point.

Silver 20-03-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurciƩlago
I don't beliive in the christian concept of hell or really karmic backlash for that matter but I do know that a person who commits suicide 8 outa 10 times dosent go on(to wherever that may that be reincarnation or what) immediately they stay for a long time.

Christian belief or not, there does seem to be the existence of our own mind and its psychology and the psyche very well may be such that if a person chooses to commit suicide, while they go through it, they may experience even more anxiety, despair and confusion for having done so, and that may in itself be "hell". Wherever it is they go, they aren't coming back to this particular 'life', or so it appears. Burning bridges is rarely the smartest course of action, but it's not something that brings on some sort of karmic whiplash or some sort of punishment by a god.

Spiritlite 21-03-2011 01:57 AM

Why rush? Why not live life until you die when you are meant to die? You have forever after you die, you only have a certain amount of time while you're alive. I'm not trying to put my belief system on you. I feel suicide is something that will put you back on this earth because of Karma of taking your life, it's not a religious belief, but my personal belief, in my opinion it's going to bring you back to earth and you'll have to start over all over again, you really want to do that?
Spiritlite.