Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   If God is almighty and all-knowing... (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130250)

SlayerOfLight 03-07-2019 08:27 PM

If God is almighty and all-knowing...
 
Why did he test Adam and Eve with a cursed fruit even though he already knew the results?

Why didn't he create more peaceful solutions instead of instructing his followers with wars, violence, mass genocide and infanticide?

Why did he test Abraham to sacrafice his son, even though he already knew Abraham was going to fail the test?

Why didn't he just destroy Satan from the beginning so he wouldn't be allowed to drag humanity with him to his doom?

Or more importantly, why didn't he come with a flawless plan that literally ALL of humanity ends up saved instead of only a small minority making it into heaven?

JosephineBloggs 03-07-2019 08:56 PM

SOL, did you read what SF member NoOne wrote about the Adam and Eve garden story? I think the thread title was Adam and Eve, although I'm not certain. Would be handy if SF had a search option. Anyway, was a very interesting read, and made more sense than the standard more well known version.

SlayerOfLight 03-07-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
SOL, did you read what SF member NoOne wrote about the Adam and Eve garden story? I think the thread title was Adam and Eve, although I'm not certain. Would be handy if SF had a search option. Anyway, was a very interesting read, and made more sense than the standard more well known version.


I don't think I did, but the questions I asked here are more meant to challenge the logic of fundamentalists.

JosephineBloggs 03-07-2019 09:12 PM

I found the page/thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=127413&page=2

Going over old ground these questions I think. Although if needs must.

ImthatIm 03-07-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
SOL, did you read what SF member NoOne wrote about the Adam and Eve garden story? I think the thread title was Adam and Eve, although I'm not certain. Would be handy if SF had a search option. Anyway, was a very interesting read, and made more sense than the standard more well known version.


I have a search option.
After I'm signed in, it is on the top header with

user cp Faq member list calender search new posts and so on.
:smile:

ImthatIm 04-07-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Why did he test Adam and Eve with a cursed fruit even though he already knew the results?

Why didn't he create more peaceful solutions instead of instructing his followers with wars, violence, mass genocide and infanticide?

Why did he test Abraham to sacrafice his son, even though he already knew Abraham was going to fail the test?

Why didn't he just destroy Satan from the beginning so he wouldn't be allowed to drag humanity with him to his doom?

Or more importantly, why didn't he come with a flawless plan that literally ALL of humanity ends up saved instead of only a small minority making it into heaven?


What fun would it be to have no Satan.

It is way funner to scratch your way through Life knowing what the Tree of Life represents has your back.

Oh, The Creator has a flawless plan contained in the Laws that exist.

Have some faith the Creator of ALL will not loose very many if any.

The maze just gets scary at times.

JosephineBloggs 04-07-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have a search option.
After I'm signed in, it is on the top header with

user cp Faq member list calender search new posts and so on.
:smile:


When I first read this I thought this was your advice/joke about life :D Because it fits.

I need a search facility for old threads :tongue:

FallingLeaves 04-07-2019 01:50 AM

well why did he let us make our own choices instead of force feeding us the 'correct' way of living like so many around us want to do?

sky123 04-07-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Why did he test Adam and Eve with a cursed fruit even though he already knew the results?

Why didn't he create more peaceful solutions instead of instructing his followers with wars, violence, mass genocide and infanticide?

Why did he test Abraham to sacrafice his son, even though he already knew Abraham was going to fail the test?

Why didn't he just destroy Satan from the beginning so he wouldn't be allowed to drag humanity with him to his doom?

Or more importantly, why didn't he come with a flawless plan that literally ALL of humanity ends up saved instead of only a small minority making it into heaven?





Why do people believe all of the above puzzles me :smile:

sky123 04-07-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well why did he let us make our own choices instead of force feeding us the 'correct' way of living like so many around us want to do?




Individuality in oneness.....



Diversity

The art of thinking independently together.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums