Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Knowing When You Are Going To Die? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101205)

Starman 17-05-2016 12:12 AM

Knowing When You Are Going To Die?

I have seen hundreds of people die; as a U.S. Army combat medic during the Vietnam War, later as an ambulance EMT, and then as a civilian working in the medical field.

I have noticed that a lot of people do know when they are going to die. I experienced this in Vietnam during the war; a lot of soldiers knew the date and time, and the method of their death. They would give me letters to send to their loved ones. Often they told me about an angel, or person glowing with radiant light, who appeared to them, sometimes in their dreams and at other times in their tent while they were wide awake.

That person told them that it was their time, or their time was close at hand, to cross over, and for them it was often like a life changing experience. Working with people in a hospital or hospice who were dying; often I saw that they had accepted their immanent death but their loved one had not accepted their death, which interfered with that person crossing over.

Most people who have worked with terminally ill people can attest to within 24 to 48 hours before a person dies a tremendous amount of energy surrounds them. That person could be in a coma for weeks but just before they die there is a lot of activity in their eyes and a lot of energy around them. Loved ones usually think that this is a sign of recovery for their loved one but frequently that person dies shortly after that increase in energy.

I have come to view it as a ground crew from beyond that has cone to help that person with their lift-off. I believe that this occurs not only with the terminally ill, but also in sudden death, a car crash, plane crash, heart attack, etc. But in sudden death it happens so quickly that the increase in energy may not be observable. For me death is the same for everyone but the method of dying is different; some die by their own hand, suicide, some linger over a period time, some die suddenly, like a soldier in combat, etc., but death does the same thing to all of them. Notwithstanding how our method of death, whether its’ a suicide, etc., may, or may not, effect our afterlife.

Somnia 17-05-2016 12:57 AM

Hi Starman...

I can testify to this because one of my Aunt's who passed away many years ago from cancer "saw" her date of her death a couple months before her passing...She was at home with her sister watching over her in the same room, and my Aunt (the one with cancer) said she saw numbers floating around the room...She told her sister about the numbers but her sister assumed she was hallucinating because of the morphine and painkillers she was on...Turned out the numbers she saw was the month and exact date she passed away...

TheGlow 17-05-2016 02:10 AM

Man I would love to know now what my date was.
Even 40 years in advance I would find it so freeing, I know most people would find it frightening but I think I could actually live my life better if I had that knowledge.

Very cool.

H:O:R:A:C:E 17-05-2016 02:33 AM

i had heard a psychic make the claim that there are specific points in time
that are available for people to transition into the after-life (i think that the
total possibilities were said to be seven). the idea held credence for me,
given the notion of the cyclic progression of lifelines (patterned).
plus, there's apparently been a correlation made between biorhythms and
"at risk" moments (the more vulnerable spots are when convergences happen).

Jenny Crow 17-05-2016 02:39 AM

Yes, I've heard that too - about the different points in a person's for transitioning. It kind of makes sense to me

TheGlow 17-05-2016 02:49 AM

I once had a dream where I was asked if I was ready to go meaning home/leave this sphere.
I replied I needed to say goodbye to someone first and could they wait.

I have since wondered if that was an exit.

wolfgaze 17-05-2016 04:11 AM

Thanks for writing about this, Starman....

Starman 17-05-2016 05:52 AM

I think most people would be afraid to know when they were going to die. The only aspect of death that still bothers me is when a baby or small child dies. I had to carry a dead baby in my arms once until we found a suitable resting place for her.

There is just something about the death of a child that is a lot different than the death of those who are other than a child. Maybe its’ about their innocence or the fact that they did not get a chance to really experience human life.

Generally people respond differently to how someone dies; if it were a suicide the response is different than if they died from a heart attack, or if it were a homicide the response is different, and in my case if it is a baby or small child I feel differently about their death.

I do not question why people die but have often wondered about the death of a baby who has only been here for a few days or weeks, etc. In my opinion there does exist the possibility that everyone chooses the time and date, and even method, of their death prior to being born? I’m just guessing here because I really don’t know.

H:O:R:A:C:E 17-05-2016 03:56 PM

i have and do question 'why death'.
life is existence, non existence holds no power over being!
immortality is "the norm".

Baile 17-05-2016 04:16 PM

I have a soft spot in my heart for Vietnam vets. They were the original front line grunts of this age of madness we've entered. The madness of our modern life has become commonplace, we barely blink at it anymore. But imagine what a generation of human beings must have felt, before that madness became the norm. They would have experienced it as absolute insanity. That was courage.

Starman, I was lucky in that I came to a depth understanding of the eternal soul and reincarnation, many years ago. I know now why we are born, why we are here, what happens when we die, and how and why it is we choose to come back again, over and over. The moment I came to these understandings, my battle with fear in life came to an end. I don't fear life anymore and I don't fear death. Death is rebirth into Spirit, which will once again become rebirth into Material. And sure, spirits and guides and family members appear at times to usher us back to Spirit. And we converse and discuss and plan with these spirits and guides and family members, before we come back to the Material once again. The great and wondrous story of human-spirit evolution, that's all it is really.

H:O:R:A:C:E 17-05-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
I have a soft spot in my heart for Vietnam vets. They were the original front line grunts of this age of madness we've entered. The madness of our modern life has become commonplace, we barely blink at it anymore. But imagine what a generation of human beings must have felt, before that madness became the norm. They would have experienced it as absolute insanity. That was courage.

Starman, I was lucky in that I came to a depth understanding of the eternal soul and reincarnation, many years ago. I know now why we are born, why we are here, what happens when we die, and how and why it is we choose to come back again, over and over. The moment I came to these understandings, my battle with fear in life came to an end. I don't fear life anymore and I don't fear death. Death is rebirth into Spirit, which will once again become rebirth into Material. And sure, spirits and guides and family members appear at times to usher us back to Spirit. And we converse and discuss and plan with these spirits and guides and family members, before we come back to the Material once again. The great and wondrous story of human-spirit evolution, that's all it is really.

Baile, i believe that you are an empowered being.
you are empowered here-and-now.
you can choose to forgo the death experience while in this
present incarnation (verify this with your inner knowingness).
you do not require a "rebirth into Spirit", since you contain spirit now.
you are not separate from yourself.
affectionately, H:O:R:A:C:E

Starman 17-05-2016 07:50 PM

Balie, thank you for acknowledging Vietnam vets. The average age of U.S. military folks during the Vietnam war was nineteen; we were young an innocent, and that innocence was very quickly snatched from us.

My experience of Vietnam was very surreal; life was cheapened and death was done wholesale. To cope we used to say to each other “it don’t mean nothing,” today U.S. Afghanistan and Iraq War veterans say “it is what it is.” You say these and other things to yourself to remain sane when crazy making is the norm.

At age-19 I was a combat medic responsible for other peoples lives; I had to grow up very quickly. We numbed ourselves mostly with alcohol and marijuana. When I left Vietnam I had a lot of survivors guilt (PTSD) and often wondered why did I live when so many others died. I held many in my arms as they were on their last breath. This began my conscious spiritual journey, because I was an agnostic when I went into the army.

I have since become to view myself as a spiritual being having a human experience and those who died in my arms, or elsewhere, were taking a step into a larger reality. People often look at how a person dies, as I earlier stated, by suicide, homicide, terminal illness, sudden death, in war, etc., and frequently judge how they died, but I don’t believe that there is any such thing as a premature death.

I had to come to terms with this especially when seeing a baby or child die. For me God is unreasonable; that is to say that what I refer to as “GOD” transcends human reasoning. I have been doing quiet meditation, silencing my mind, for a few decades and have had some out-of-body experiences where I acquired incredible wisdom, but when I returned to my body that wisdom often could not be put into words or retained by my mind.

In my opinion the verbal and written languages which are used here on Earth reflect our 3-D existence, and dimensions beyond this world are anything but 3-D. The Chinese written language for instance is pictorial, the Hebrew language combines its’ number system with its letter system, unlike the English language which has a separate number system from it’s letter system, and Roman numerals do not have a zero because they thought why have a symbol which represents nothing.

Language is like a code and it is my experience that the language beyond this world is a lot different than the language in this world. Nonetheless, I do feel very connected to the universe and my deeper self everyday, and have a confidence which transcends death.

I lost my eyesight during the Vietnam war and was totally blind for 5-years; 12-surgeries later my eyesight was restored because my optic nerve was not damaged. It seems to me that I had to go blind in order to really see. When I was blind I learned that while a person may look at something they will only truly see that something with their awareness; we look with our eyes but we see with our awareness, and when I was blind I saw things which I failed to see when I had eyesight. My life, and my awakening, has been an incredible journey even for me.

Baile 17-05-2016 08:47 PM

Starman, I am sitting here in tears. Thank you for that. I taught grades 7-8 in Cali. I would bring local Vietnam vets into the classroom to share with the kids their experiences and life views. How precious is human existence. How miraculous our ability to feel. My own life is complete joy these days, and because of that I seldom discuss the hurt and pain of life. Nevertheless sometimes this too must be acknowledged and honored:

John Mayall-Crying-USA Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xrPJxDs-X8

Unseelie Queen 17-05-2016 09:19 PM

Thank you for sharing, Starman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i had heard a psychic make the claim that there are specific points in time
that are available for people to transition into the after-life (i think that the
total possibilities were said to be seven). the idea held credence for me,
given the notion of the cyclic progression of lifelines (patterned).
plus, there's apparently been a correlation made between biorhythms and
"at risk" moments (the more vulnerable spots are when convergences happen).

This makes sense to me (especially as a firm believer in alternate timelines or periodically converging lifelines); it feels as though with each person there are windows of time or doorways in which death is more likely. There is certainly a distinct pattern to all of it.
Sometimes these openings/convergences can be felt in the air.
The thing about biorhythms is very interesting!

Native spirit 17-05-2016 09:42 PM

Death is nothing to be scared of its just another path we must all take,as a medium i speak to spirit i have helped some cross over,i used to be a carer i could tell when someone was about to pass over,sometimes before they did.my own mother suffered from renal failure she had a transplant she lived fot about 10 years before it started failing,she had to go back on dialasis which she hated she was in pain,the doctors told my dad they were going to try something else on my mother he agreed to it and she picked up.they were even talking about her coming home.i went to see her with my dad i knew she was loosing the fight ,her pain just vanished she said she saw my brother in the room,i knew because i saw him myself.i just told her to stop fighting and to let go.she died 2 hours later,
my uncle was a medic in world was 2 he saved a princes life by giving him aid he was called to the king and was handed a cross for saving his sons life he knew when ppl were about to die.he spoke of many times of how he tended to the dying most of them told him to give a message to their loved ones back home.my other uncle was a seargant in the welch fusilears he often wrote to my grandmother saying what the dying were saying,as the war ended he himself was killed like he told my grandmother that he wouldnt be coming home.a sniper killed him he is buried in burma.
i have seeen the energy around the person before passing it gives them comfort to know that they are never alone.

Namaste

shoresh 17-05-2016 09:44 PM

Starman, thanks for sharing the personal story.

Know what you mean about pre-death awareness.

For me, the Pre-death awareness has been a double-edged sword...I never knew about these types of events, my whole box of beliefs was blown up and the reality of my world, dramatically shifted.

Also, thank you for your service and kindness to others in such hard situations.

shoresh 17-05-2016 10:10 PM

The book from Bonnie McEneaney helped me process this pre-death knowing. Here is a search term you can use to find her interview on Wisdom from North

Bonnie McEneaney- Signs and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11

Starman 18-05-2016 06:42 AM

Thank you to all of you who posted here, for your kind words, insights, and a heartfelt discussion. Life is not what I do rather life is what I am, and I feel that the relationship we have with life is the most intimate relationship which we could ever have. When I can no longer inhabit my physical body the life that I am will leave and go elsewhere; celebrate life, celebrate yourself, and don’t worry about the transition we call "death."

DoctorStrange 18-05-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
I have seen hundreds of people die; as a U.S. Army combat medic during the Vietnam War, later as an ambulance EMT, and then as a civilian working in the medical field.

I have noticed that a lot of people do know when they are going to die. I experienced this in Vietnam during the war; a lot of soldiers knew the date and time, and the method of their death. They would give me letters to send to their loved ones. Often they told me about an angel, or person glowing with radiant light, who appeared to them, sometimes in their dreams and at other times in their tent while they were wide awake.

That person told them that it was their time, or their time was close at hand, to cross over, and for them it was often like a life changing experience. Working with people in a hospital or hospice who were dying; often I saw that they had accepted their immanent death but their loved one had not accepted their death, which interfered with that person crossing over.

Most people who have worked with terminally ill people can attest to within 24 to 48 hours before a person dies a tremendous amount of energy surrounds them. That person could be in a coma for weeks but just before they die there is a lot of activity in their eyes and a lot of energy around them. Loved ones usually think that this is a sign of recovery for their loved one but frequently that person dies shortly after that increase in energy.

I have come to view it as a ground crew from beyond that has cone to help that person with their lift-off. I believe that this occurs not only with the terminally ill, but also in sudden death, a car crash, plane crash, heart attack, etc. But in sudden death it happens so quickly that the increase in energy may not be observable. For me death is the same for everyone but the method of dying is different; some die by their own hand, suicide, some linger over a period time, some die suddenly, like a soldier in combat, etc., but death does the same thing to all of them. Notwithstanding how our method of death, whether its’ a suicide, etc., may, or may not, effect our afterlife.

Interesting thoughts, Starman. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn 19-05-2016 06:41 PM

Hello

As a Medium I get many come to me and go "I was on my way to say goodbye and they passed before I got there, I never got to say goodbye". It is not a nice thing to see someone take that last breath in and pass. Its not always an event that is like in the movies where you just tip the head and are gone. At times that last breath in is a huge struggle and no one wants a loved one to see and experience that. Or Dr's rush in and try and save them with you standing there watching. That again is not a nice thing to see and experience.

Many times the loved one chooses to go without you there so that they can go without your energy trying to keep them living. The message I get is that its a blessing to be able to go free wand with ease and not have the dying event as the loved one's last memory.

I remember my Dad saying that we are given a time to go, when that time is up we go. He sent us home from the ER when he was ready to pass. The Dr. admitted to me that he was gone for a long time before they called the final time, but as he was younger and it was a first event heart attack they had to try everything. Looking back he said to us to go home he would see us in the AM, but I know now he was going to leave.

At times we have that last burst of up swing that gives family false hopes, and I have come to find that it might be that "time" thing my Dad talked about that your not there yet to when that place is ready for you to go to. That things are not lined up with those waiting for you.

I do feel that we come in with a soul contract that holds our death event in it and at times we are able to open that to see when and how. I know how I will die, and the age I will die at. I have asthma and when I get a cold it goes right to my chest, so I will go from the common cold.

I have a story top share, a friend was in a car crash that should have taken his life, how he walked away without a scratch is a mystery. The car was totaled totally, yet he walked from it. He struggled with nightmares right after the crash with the same message "your time was up". He said he felt that he should be gone that in some ways he did die. Two weeks to the day he did die, he was hit by a car and died on the spot. His time the was up, the time line of his death was out he said to me in Spirit is all. He went in total peace, he would say after the accident that he should not be here, like literally should be dead.

Too many times we are ready to go and we do not go, or we start that process and something or someone pulls us back, this happens with NDE events. Many say they go to the Light and that Tunnel and peace and were told to go back and so want to find that Light. They never settle into the idea of living on.

In events like war I know from working with those from WWI in care that they went to serve their country never thinking "I might die" it was duty, and that was that. Death was a shock to them and to see friends die was horrific. Yet they sucked it up and many never talked on it. As times changed and and the media got better we saw the true picture of war, it was death.

I have worked with the modern soldier that is not going to "war" in the sense that the two big one's were where it was into the unknown, but still the idea of death is not in their minds. They are going to "police" the area but still some sadly die. It is in this that both them and family at times do not understand why they died. They were going in a peace mission, not to war. Many times its how we are raised or how we feel about death that defines our death process.

How much bucket list items we leave behind or how much duty we feel we owe someone. We only ow our self anything in life, and we need to learn to live more in the moment so that when our time comes we move easily on.

Lynn

Starman 20-05-2016 03:09 AM

Thank you for sharing your insights Lynn. Death is still a taboo subject to many here in the U.S., people think it is a morbid subject and a lot of people do not even discuss it with their loved ones, which I think causes even more grief to the loved ones when that person dies. The first job I got when I got out of the army was that of an ambulance paramedic and my first apartment where I lived was in a mortuary; the front door to my apartment was right across the hall from the embalming room.

It always amazed me people who work with dead bodies, like an embalmer, or a beautician who does the cosmetic effects on a body that night be viewed in a casket. The worst are those who do autopsies; that is something I definitely could not do on a daily basis. As a military veteran I can relate to service members losing their life in a non-combat situation, and yes a person on their final breath does often struggle with that breath, or in a trauma situation they may drown in their own blood which prevents them from taking another breath. Death in a combat situation looks a lot different than death in a hospital.

I have seen people die struggling with their death, in fear, etc., and I have seen others who have had a very smooth transition. Some die and the look of fear is still on their face after they have died and others die with light in their eyes and a look of peace on their face. Personally, I strive to have a smooth transition myself.

Once while working in a hospital in San Antonio, Texas a big drug kingpin was bought into the hospital all shot up. He had been in a gun fight with police. By all accounts he was a cruel real tough guy who had killed lots of people himself. He was talking bad when they wheeled him into the ER. But when the doctors said that his wounds were too great and that there was nothing they could do. That guy curled into a fetal position and cried like a baby because he knew he was going to die.

I have always wondered why we humans view death as a sad affair, and I do understand that it has more to do with the loss of a loved one than it does death itself. Those entities on the other side, if they have feelings, might feel like why do humans cry when one of them leaves their realm and enters our realm? In my opinion death is not the issue as much as how a person dies.

There have been times when, while working in the medical field, we just let a person die instead of performing any life saving interventions. In the hospital it is called a “No Core,” which means that a person is terminally ill and if their heart stops don’t do CPR or any other type of intervention. This is also done at many hospices; because most people go to a hospice to die.

Another such situation when medical staff do not run in to help save a person’s life is in a triage situation. When you have death on a large scale; a plane crash, bombing or other terrorist attack, etc., you only help those who will most benefit from what time and medical supplies you may have on hand.

I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range in Southern New Mexico and one evening we got a call of a car crash out on the highway adjacent to the base. When we got out there we saw that a rather large tow truck had crashed into a school bus filled with kids returning from a field trip. Kids bodies were laying all over the road and by the road; we were the only ambulance on the scene an the radio in our ambulance stopped working.

There was one New Mexico State Police car there an he was having radio problems also; something to do with the transmissions in the area around the base. This was back in the 1960’s before computers and cell phones, etc. Basically me and my ambulance partner had to triage the scene; run around look at the kids, treat who we could treat and let who was near death die. This is what doctors and other medical people do in a triage situation.

Lynn 20-05-2016 03:27 AM

Hello

More and more I do feel that we are moving to accept death as a transformation not an ending. More and more people are having a "Celebration of Life" service and not a funeral. I see change on the horizon but like all things it will take the passing of the old and the transformation of those taking their place to bring on that change.

As I get to work with both Worlds I have an understanding that many never get to experience ( not that I would wish being me on anyone it has its times of great responsibility) I have been with many in that passing moment and its not always an easy journey faced.

The first thing I get asked is if they made it over....and while it rare there are times when I have to say no but that I can help with that. There are times when we have not be prepared for the fact that we will one day pass. Death is never discussed in a home growing up so its a shock when it happens.

I do not know that knowing when our time is up would be a benefit and would make us a better person. I had a friend that was told they had 6 months at the most left, and they ran up a HUGE bill with travel, a new car, furniture ext.....knowing full well they had no family to take on the bills. Said what does it matter if its not paid back I am going to enjoy my time. They did not pass away.....so they had huge bills to face. Never count your chickens before they are hatched as you might get sterile hens.

Lynn

Starman 20-05-2016 03:47 AM

That last paragraph about your friend was very funny. When I worked in the mental health field I had a similar experience; rather sad, how a patient ran up a very large bill on lavish things, meals, etc., and then went home put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The bullet went into one side of his head an exited on the other side but he lived an still could talk, etc. He had a lot of bills to face.

A few months ago I had a friend die who never discussed death with anyone; when he died he had almost half a million dollars in assets, owned 5-homes, etc. but he did not have a will, his nearest relative could not be found, so my friends assets went to the State’s “unclaimed money” section, and if it were not for the VA my friend might not have had a decent burial. But I do acknowledge the evolution as well; how people are coming to embrace death more through celebration and appreciating life.

I found it very heartwarming how the City of Los Angeles buries all homeless people together whose bodies have gone unclaimed, and then they hold a memorial service at that grave site. That is more than what we Americans did for the Vietnamese during that war.

mogenblue 20-05-2016 06:46 AM

Thank you for everything you share with us Starman. You have a very rich experience.

Quote:

I have always wondered why we humans view death as a sad affair, and I do understand that it has more to do with the loss of a loved one than it does death itself. Those entities on the other side, if they have feelings, might feel like why do humans cry when one of them leaves their realm and enters our realm? In my opinion death is not the issue as much as how a person dies.

Over de the last 100 or 200 years many interesting books about the afterlife and the meaning of life have been published. Many people still base their view about life and death on very old concepts and beliefs.
Things are changing rapidly. The influence of old conventional beliefs are declining very fast here in Holland. I suppose in other countries there is also change going on.

I think when people open up to new ideas about the afterlife and such they will change their views too and then they will learn to look at death in another way.
Forums like this play an important role to spread light, love and wisdom around the world.

I appreciate your stories very much.

Starman 20-05-2016 10:45 AM

A few times I have seen people who were pronounced dead; their heart had stopped beating, and then later they sat up wide awake and very much alive. One such time a person was put in the morgue on a slab in a locker and they woke up. In every case these people talked about seeing their body lying dead as they hovered above it, and then they encountered a being radiating incredible light and love who told them it was not yet their time. These people had no vital signs and were pronounced “clinically dead,” and had incredible stories to tell after they returned, and amazingly no brain damage occurred in their dead body. They would also accurately describe how medical people tried to save them, etc. This might be an example of knowing when you are not going to die.

I have also heard many times about the “phantom limb” syndrome from many patients; that is the ability to feel sensations and even pain in a limb or limbs that no longer exist. I have had patients that lost an arm or leg, or both legs, and they can still feel that limb as though it was still attached; about 85% of people who have lost a limb report this. Some physicians attribute it to neurological memory while others say there is an energy field which remains after the limb had been removed, and they refer to Kirlian photography or bioelectrography, which has now become the subject of mainstream research, and shows the bioelectrical field that remains after a leaf has been cut in two, or a limb removed, etc. Some patients report that they have nonverbal communication with their bioelectrical field. This does not surprise me.

Starman 20-05-2016 11:17 AM

Following is a very personal experience which I had, and these experiences are sacred to me. I only share them because they may help someone else and they are not for me as a boast.

I went to a bull ring in southern Spain some time ago, where an Indian Guru was sitting on a stage in the middle of the bull ring talking about the miracle of life. There were at least a few thousand people sitting in the circular bleachers around the bull ring. But when the guru spoke it seemed he was speaking directly to me. The air was soft and sweet with a light breeze, and there were no thoughts in my head to be found anywhere; nothing but deep silence, and the voice of this venerable teacher echoing on the outside. I got up from my seat, for whatever reason, and walked outside of the bull ring and suddenly, without warning, everything disappeared, and I found my self floating in golden light and the light was rich and thick with love. It was like I was in a fetal position and it felt like being in the womb, for my body was also made of that light, and I felt the comfort of being at home. The experience was timeless and it felt so fulfilling and comfortable. Like being totally engulfed in overwhelming bliss. Again, without warning, I was back in the bull ring, staggering, intoxicated on divine love from the experience I‘d just had, trying to find my seat. As I looked at the guru, he looked directly at me, and then roared a deep guttural laugh, as he continued to talk about the miracle of life, in a bull ring in southern Spain.

My words do not do justice, as the experience was beyond words. I have since come to realize that my waking consciousness had slipped into the cosmic egg, or energy field, which surrounds each of us. A luminous presence that surrounds our physical body and extends beyond it. I consider this experience which I had a blessing, aided by the presence of that venerable teacher.

Since then I have had many inter-dimensional and intra-dimensional experiences. Most while in a deep meditative state. I am often reluctant to share these experiences because they are as valuable gems to me, even more than that they are sacred. I share this because I don’t think we should be afraid of death; the experience beyond this physical world is far grander then anything that can be imagined. But I do feel deeply that I must honor this physical life and what we call “death” will come at its’ own pace.

mogenblue 20-05-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

I am often reluctant to share these experiences because they are as valuable gems to me, even more than that they are sacred. I share this because I don’t think we should be afraid of death; the experience beyond this physical world is far grander then anything that can be imagined. But I do feel deeply that I must honor this physical life and what we call “death” will come at its’ own pace.

You should only share it when you feel free and secure enough to do it. I have shared some very personal experiences on other forums because I wanted other people to know about that too.

This forum is a safe place to share your experiences. There are also many people here with very interesting and eye-opening experiences too.

Personally I feel I have shared enough with others about my own, but who knows, maybe in time I will share some more about myself. Although I do think you have way more interesting things to share then me. :D

MARDAV70 20-05-2016 03:57 PM

Starman, thanks so much for sharing your experiences. What you've said so much resonates with me. Experiencing some of the most heart wrenching events one can possibly endure and live through can be bittersweet in the revelation of knowledge to those noble and strong enough to question, seek and freely share. Because of this, for me it affirms that this is consciousness awaking us from the horrors created by an ego driven existence, and that either we're on a 'reset'...or consciousness and the physical are evolving into a union to produce a much higher existence.

Starman 20-05-2016 04:22 PM

MARDAV70, some of my greatest insights came from some of the darkest nights of my soul. Just about everyone I have met who found an inkling of enlightenment went through hell in order to find that heaven within. It is my belief that it is the destiny of every human being to eventually consciously merge with the light; we will all journey in our own way, in our own time, but we will all consciously return to that eternal source of unconditional love. IMHO.

mogenblue 20-05-2016 07:38 PM

I think spiritual wisdom is wisdom by experience.
Books can help a lot to guide you and show you how to navigate through life, but the soul is mostly formed by your experience.
Back, way back in history there was nothing but experience. The first masters of light entered the spheres of light by experience only. In those days books were not even invented yet.

If it's possible, if the situation allows, I would like to know beforehand when my end is coming so I can have my paperwork tidy and done. I would like to have things tidy and cleaned up when I pass over.
But if my end were to be less comfortable, or maybe even kind of violent, in order to solve any carma from the past then so be it. Better get it over with then to come back again in a next life to solve that.

MARDAV70 21-05-2016 04:46 AM

Quote:

MARDAV70, some of my greatest insights came from some of the darkest nights of my soul. Just about everyone I have met who found an inkling of enlightenment went through hell in order to find that heaven within. It is my belief that it is the destiny of every human being to eventually consciously merge with the light; we will all journey in our own way, in our own time, but we will all consciously return to that eternal source of unconditional love. IMHO.

Starman, I'm in complete agreement with your last line due to what I've experienced. Affirmation comes from what resonates from what others, such as yourself, have experienced and shared. All else is speculation, and yes, lol...that definitely applies to me, too. I'm by no means a sage...just a seeker and wonderer who's had a NDE.
Namaste

Starman 21-05-2016 11:04 AM

The more we elaborate on something the farther away from it we get; we get to a point where we don’t have what we were once referring to rather all we have is our elaboration of what we were once referring to.

Life is very simple, death is very simple; one usually does not exist without the other. The world is not complicated, we human beings have become complicated, and we think we are the world but in my opinion the world is everything that is here.

We are dying and being reborn every moment of our existence; with each ending comes a new beginning and for something to begin something else must end. Even if we start something new what ends is the old way we used to do things.

In truth there are no endings or beginnings; there are only transformations; like rain appearing on an otherwise sunny day. In the human journey there are lots of scenes and lots of different scenery; people and things come an go in our life. We hold on and we let go, and we hold on and we let go…….

Next month my human body will be sixty-nine years old, as time is measured here on Earth; an the prospect of another personal new year. But that which I truly am exists in the eternal now which does not acknowledge the passing of time. Nonetheless, it is a gift to have been given the time to explore my own being; beyond all of the labels and explanations that we may have attached to it. :smile:

baronesslucy 04-06-2016 10:30 PM

I don't think I would want to know the exact time or date when I crossed over. I do know that those who are ill sometimes subconsciously know that it's their time. I believe my mom knew but it was stored in the subconscious mind.

My mother who didn't like to travel in the summer due to the heat told me that we should visit family as she felt like it would be a while before she saw them again. We went and visited all of our family.

This was in August. A little over a month later, my mother died. A cousin told me after my mom died that she had a strong feeling that she wouldn't see my mom again for a very long time.

A_Maine96 09-06-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

they refer to Kirlian photography or bioelectrography, which has now become the subject of mainstream research, and shows the bioelectrical field that remains after a leaf has been cut in two, or a limb removed, etc. Some patients report that they have nonverbal communication with their bioelectrical field. This does not surprise me.

I made a post aout this!
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...hlight=kirlian

And here's a vid I found that shows how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nbYGGR1k4

GlowWorm 14-06-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

I have seen people die struggling with their death, in fear, etc., and I have seen others who have had a very smooth transition. Some die and the look of fear is still on their face after they have died and others die with light in their eyes and a look of peace on their face. Personally, I strive to have a smooth transition myself.

Once while working in a hospital in San Antonio, Texas a big drug kingpin was bought into the hospital all shot up. He had been in a gun fight with police. By all accounts he was a cruel real tough guy who had killed lots of people himself. He was talking bad when they wheeled him into the ER. But when the doctors said that his wounds were too great and that there was nothing they could do. That guy curled into a fetal position and cried like a baby because he knew he was going to die.

This brings to mind a friend of my father's. The guy had a bad infection, his gallbladder became so infected & inflamed they had a hard time actually finding it from where it had "glued", for lack of a better word, to the liver. He was obviously in severe pain.

And yet when they were wheeling him into the operating room, despite the fact that he was quite sickly and knew himself that there was a good possibility he would not come out again, he was cracking jokes the entire time with the nurses / doctors until they put him under.

He later became jaundiced due to a severe reaction [beginning stages of liver failure] to the antibiotics they gave him. He was still cracking jokes even like this, yellowed skinned & with barely enough energy to raise his arms yet alone sit up. To me he was someone that had accepted the fact he could very well die that hour so what good was crying about how "unfair" life was?

I mean that drug dealer shot to pieces - did he care one wit of the people he himself [or his colleagues] had put in early graves and yet he didn't have the courage not to cry like a newborn.

As someone who has survived 6 NDEs, seven if you count the severe meningitis before even a year old though do NDEs count for the really really young?, by now [age 30] I can't say I've ever seen a white light / tunnel or whatever but that might be because I am not Christian. Certainly people of different cultural beliefs all don't see the "white light".

Now I can't say I know when I'll die, hopefully having cheated death more than a few times I'll live a little longer before experiencing my own "Final Destination" ending.

After all, when it comes, I want to be one of those who faces death cracking jokes.

Starman 15-06-2016 01:46 AM

There are people who have a “death wish;” it is sort of like a passive suicidal ideation. They most often will take unnecessary risks or make themselves the target of a potentially lethal situation. A death wish is the desire for ones own death, but that desire may be subconscious, and the person usually tells no one about it, although their behavior says otherwise.

Usually these people often have a nihilistic outlook on life accompanied by a feeling of wanting to die. But there are some who have a death wish who will just do things deliberately that will make them unhappy; it confirms their nihilistic point of view.

When I worked in the mental health profession I came across people like this and their self talk was really self demeaning. Some were just having an episode while others may be locked into their own demise without thinking that they were in any way suicidal.

Another take on knowing when you are going to die.

Shivani Devi 15-06-2016 04:22 AM

The only time one ever feels truly alive is when they are dying.

I don't know the exact time and date of my death, but I have been told it's going to happen in 9 years time. I don't doubt it, given the wild life I have led.

I also get the occasional, overwhelming panic attack I have been hospitalised for...in fact, I'm not even going to know I am having a heart attack or a stroke until it kills me - which is the downside of having anxiety.

I don't fear death, but dying is another kettle of fish.

However, as with panic attacks that I think are gonna kill me...I'm like 'yeah, okay...bring it...let me see whatcha got...do your very worst' and then it goes away, after I have an astral event on the spot.

I just don't like the idea of being in an unrelenting pain state I cannot escape from, with death being the ultimate surrender to Divine will.

metal68 15-06-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
This brings to mind a friend of my father's. The guy had a bad infection, his gallbladder became so infected & inflamed they had a hard time actually finding it from where it had "glued", for lack of a better word, to the liver. He was obviously in severe pain.

And yet when they were wheeling him into the operating room, despite the fact that he was quite sickly and knew himself that there was a good possibility he would not come out again, he was cracking jokes the entire time with the nurses / doctors until they put him under.

He later became jaundiced due to a severe reaction [beginning stages of liver failure] to the antibiotics they gave him. He was still cracking jokes even like this, yellowed skinned & with barely enough energy to raise his arms yet alone sit up. To me he was someone that had accepted the fact he could very well die that hour so what good was crying about how "unfair" life was?

I mean that drug dealer shot to pieces - did he care one wit of the people he himself [or his colleagues] had put in early graves and yet he didn't have the courage not to cry like a newborn.

As someone who has survived 6 NDEs, seven if you count the severe meningitis before even a year old though do NDEs count for the really really young?, by now [age 30] I can't say I've ever seen a white light / tunnel or whatever but that might be because I am not Christian. Certainly people of different cultural beliefs all don't see the "white light".

Now I can't say I know when I'll die, hopefully having cheated death more than a few times I'll live a little longer before experiencing my own "Final Destination" ending.

After all, when it comes, I want to be one of those who faces death cracking jokes.

I don't think the tunnel is purely limited to Christian expectations is it, not going at least by what I've read?

What did you encounter on the other side, if youre happy to share?:smile:

blueladybird73 08-07-2016 01:48 PM

My experiences

24 hours before my granddad passed over his clock stopped at the exact time he died. My mum died in February and the calendar kept falling off the wall and landing on February. I had an experience one evening. A normal evening, I was going to bed and my husband was coming out of the shower. Without hearing or seeing anything (sorry, difficult to explain) but I felt my husband's death approaching and suddenly getting closer. He was 46 and perfectly healthy. I knew that it was God's will and there was nothing I could do about it and also hoped that perhaps it was just my imagination. I did tell him how much he ment to me that night and I'm glad I did as he died suddenly 6 months or so after that. So yes, I do believe that people know when they are going to die and possibily other people too.

shoresh 09-07-2016 12:12 AM

BlueLadyBird, I am sorry for the loss of your dear husband. What you describe is a "knowing", somehow certain knowledge beyond our five senses that we become aware of on a level we do not normally access.
My son had very strong "knowings", I was with him during the first prominent one. I also had them regarding him.
I have read the Dalai Lama claims that people know up to three years in advance. I think certain ones do.