Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Dreams (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Strange dream (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120490)

Mojo Pan 05-02-2018 10:28 AM

Strange dream

Some days ago I woke up from one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. All I can remember is I was in a room or hall that was not part of this world, like the place existed In a pocket dimension, apart from our reality....or something. Anyway, a very (extremely) old person was tutoring me about stuff I don't remember at all, except two words : Undine and Gisleyne, the latter spelled exactly as I wrote it.

Now, since I've had this dream (I feel inside it was not a dream at all) something or a lot have changed/shifted in me. I cannot put it into words but it's like the...fabric of my reality and being is shifting, to what I don't know. So many things, beliefs and people that mattered to me before do not anymore. I feel more free and...relieved to a degree, since I am not a prisoner of addictions and obsessions of the past.

I researched those 2 words and only found that Undine is a water spirit according to Paracelsus, while Gisleyne (or Gishlaine) means pledge, mutual obligation. Both don't ring a bell inside me and this is the reason I post about this. I would be really grateful for every bit of info, insight any member here could share regarding this. Thank you in advance, Namaste :)

Michelle11 05-02-2018 12:23 PM

I applaude you on overcoming your addictions. That's no easy feat. In general people in dreams are symbolic for aspects of us. In this instance you were given instructions about your water spirit and commitment sides. The water spirit could represent your emotional side. It's possible moving past the addition was only the first step. The next step you committed to this life is to reestablish a connection with your emotional body. Do you suspect that part of your addition was rooted in avoiding difficult emotions? It often is and as such you may have some work to do to get those channels open and flowing in a healthy way. As children we aren't often taught good emotional coping skills. Sounds like you are possibly on your way to learning all about emotions.

FallingLeaves 05-02-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Pan
Some days ago I woke up from one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. All I can remember is I was in a room or hall that was not part of this world, like the place existed In a pocket dimension, apart from our reality....or something. Anyway, a very (extremely) old person was tutoring me about stuff I don't remember at all, except two words : Undine and Gisleyne, the latter spelled exactly as I wrote it.

Now, since I've had this dream (I feel inside it was not a dream at all) something or a lot have changed/shifted in me. I cannot put it into words but it's like the...fabric of my reality and being is shifting, to what I don't know. So many things, beliefs and people that mattered to me before do not anymore. I feel more free and...relieved to a degree, since I am not a prisoner of addictions and obsessions of the past.

I researched those 2 words and only found that Undine is a water spirit according to Paracelsus, while Gisleyne (or Gishlaine) means pledge, mutual obligation. Both don't ring a bell inside me and this is the reason I post about this. I would be really grateful for every bit of info, insight any member here could share regarding this. Thank you in advance, Namaste :)

here is another meaning for gisleyne:
http://www.meaningslike.com/name-stands-for/gisleyne

but from what you've said both meanings are good to your situation.

I also got a loose hit on the word 'pathfinder' - now granted that is a much more modern thing but it is strange how the synchronicities go together sometimes. I find that applicable to your situation as well.

Basic gist of it is, a lot of us are getting locked in tiny emotional rooms. Many of us can't cope with it at all and just shut down, but some of us go in deliberately, with the specific aim of finding ways to cope with the situation. This can be looked at as pathfinding, or as fetching a pail of water, or as finding something edible.

if you go in to learn to cope, what happens is the 'spirits' watch you, and anything you eat (ways you learn to cope) is also given to others who are less able to find ways to cope with their situation. Kinda like feeding the birds: but the first step to feeding the birds is finding them something edible and that is where you came in.

when you go into that they know what the burden is on you so you get a 'covenant' - when you've completed your task you get rewarded somehow. This is kinda like a contract that you signed before going in. I'm not sure yet what the rewards look like because I haven't been there and don't know if I'll even make it lol!

But the 'shift' you've seen - for most people such shifts happen very slowly and so there isn't much consciousness of any change until much later. But the same sort of thing can be used in a variety of ways as far as I can tell, for example there is a specific type of 'shift' people do when they are getting enlightened. This may be different in some ways from the one you've been given.

H:O:R:A:C:E 05-02-2018 05:17 PM

here's a page:
What Does Gisleyne Stand For
http://www.meaningslike.com/name-stands-for/gisleyne

to feel free of those burdens seems synonymous with you
having become a more authentic version of your true self.

Mojo Pan 06-02-2018 08:10 AM

Thank you all so, so much for your replies ! :) It's maybe weird, but all the replies resonate within me so much more than the two words I received. It seems the Universe sends us some crumbs just to get us on our way, to make us take the first step into a wondrous new path. From then on, beautiful people will come into the new path to teach and guide us further. Now...its all a matter of which path we choose to walk I guess.
I was a prisoner of the beastly mentality until now, that's what I understood after reading Perfection's amazing reply. There's an awful lot for me into his words to read and fathom so I would be grateful to any links/reading suggestions regarding the God/Goddess please ! :)
I also thank Horace and Falling Leaves for name meaning link...I was astounded to read it's traits, that's me to a T !! Incredible...
Michelle 11, no overcoming my addictions is no easy feat at all. It isn't something that happens overnight, although the decision to find and follow a better path in life can come in an instant. But first it requires us to walk a long winding road into dark territory sometimes. or, it could be like climbing a mountain...it takes a great deal of struggle and effort to reach the mountaintop, but the view surely makes it all worth it !
I really am immensely grateful for all the replies I got. I knew inside that this was something important but I couldn't find the deeper meaning/message myself. You all gave me so much to read, educate and enlighten myself and of course to expand my understanding of life further. I would be thankful for anything else dear members here had to add/say/propose I should do and study, Namaste :)

Mojo Pan 07-02-2018 09:45 AM

A perfect reply from Perfection ! :)
Indeed, all spiritual dogmas, practices etc are only crouches we need until we learn to walk by ourselves. Spend every second meditating/communing with the higher realms...only now I can begin to fathom the total beauty of it all and understand Tibetan monks and other people who meditate frequently. We are children of the Kosmos, and the Universe is already inside us...all we have to do is look. Put everything on hold indeed. Like the Tao says, learn to stay still if you wanna go places. Thank you so much :)