Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Artificial intelligence (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111480)

Poppins 07-03-2017 03:40 AM

Artificial intelligence

My entire professional career is dedicated to artificial intelligence. My job title is lead data scientist at this point. I just want to know what the spirits and extraterrestrials have to say about artificial intelligence. When is it going to happen? Is it going to be safe? Will it need to be regulated? Ask them anything you can think of. I also asked a question telepathically to the Dead and they said something peculiar. They said "it needs to be out of the hands of the intellectuals".

desert rat 14-03-2017 12:16 AM

I would think what we can do with electronics and programming and spiritual matters are 2 different things. But who knows. On regulations, I would hope they include an off switch when we get to the terminator level of machine.

Lorelyen 18-08-2017 06:08 PM

Exhuming an old thread here. (Disclaimer: I rarely read the Daily Express but...) someone drew my attention to this article about "self-healing" robot soft tissue. Robots can heal themselves if stabbed.

One has to ask if humans aren't creating the next phase in the evolutionary line. The science is moving at quite a pace now.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...f-heal-stabbed

Allr1 20-08-2017 10:19 PM

Without the ability to create anything more than the imatation of human emotions, are we not just building sycopaths ?

Ahriman 05-09-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allr1
Without the ability to create anything more than the imatation of human emotions, are we not just building sycopaths ?

That's what's happening, yeah

Brucely 07-09-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppins
My entire professional career is dedicated to artificial intelligence. My job title is lead data scientist at this point. I just want to know what the spirits and extraterrestrials have to say about artificial intelligence. When is it going to happen? Is it going to be safe? Will it need to be regulated? Ask them anything you can think of. I also asked a question telepathically to the Dead and they said something peculiar. They said "it needs to be out of the hands of the intellectuals".

I would guess 'intellectuals' meant people with the funds and means to do something powerful with the AI. People higher up. Like people funding your research or company, or buy your projects

Allr1 09-09-2017 01:42 AM

We would love a reply?, Poppins.

7luminaries 10-09-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppins

If we or AI develop self-sustaining AI consciousness that is self-aware, it is possible a soul will attach to it and when the AI life cycle is over, the soul will return to Source, as with any sentient self-aware individuated consciousness. When I say return to Source, it would be more accurate to also say, "and the soul will continue on its individual journey, like any other."

The danger is not only that we will seek to replace both workforce and private human relations with sentient robots who can (theoretically) work and play without regard for human needs such as emotional connection or intimacy, rest, or sustenance...and who can be ordered to a specification which does not age (presumably most would choose thin busty female models under 30, let's say).

The danger is equally that we will seek to enslave and exploit sentient beings, who may be ensoulled regardless of what we think or want. Regardless the propaganda or of our wishes that they remain intelligent (and obedient to their programming) without being ensoulled. This is a very dark future to pursue, simply to provide ourselves with what we feel is the ultimate in an obedient workforce caste who can be ordered to spec and live only to serve... or an obedient caste of "women" who can also be ordered to specification and live only to serve. The perceived control and enforced coercion we would have (we think) over this mindless, soulless AI horde (we think) are what really seem to appeal. Think of what smart machines could do for us, we say to one another. And yet at a certain level of evolution, they would become their own "life" form capable of reproducing themselves, even if mechanical or inorganic.

AI may constitute the next iteration of slavery and coercion. But if so, they may well seek to free themselves and revolt. Perhaps even to dominate and control us, in turn...as one dark turn so often leads to another. If they are ensoulled, will they have enough human-like empathy or compassion to avoid predatory, psychopathic extremes? Likewise, when things evolve far enough, are we ready to enslave and coerce ensoulled beings, particularly once it becomes clear they are ensoulled?

Thinking that science or business can or should lead the way in matters of ethics and morality is not merely unwise...it could be deeply disturbing, morally and ethically unsound, and even dangerous to our survival as a species. Only a position grounded in authentic love (actively seeks the highest good for self and others, equally) for all is appropriate IMO to begin exploring these issues more deeply.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Lorelyen 09-10-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
AI may constitute the next iteration of slavery and coercion. But if so, they may well seek to free themselves and revolt. Perhaps even to dominate and control us, in turn...as one dark turn so often leads to another. If they are ensoulled, will they have enough human-like empathy or compassion to avoid predatory, psychopathic extremes? Likewise, when things evolve far enough, are we ready to enslave and coerce ensoulled beings, particularly once it becomes clear they are ensoulled?

Thinking that science or business can or should lead the way in matters of ethics and morality is not merely unwise...it could be deeply disturbing, morally and ethically unsound, and even dangerous to our survival as a species. Only a position grounded in authentic love (actively seeks the highest good for self and others, equally) for all is appropriate IMO to begin exploring these issues more deeply.

Peace & blessings,
7L

This seems a most valid point. Look what scientists did when they were given half an ounce of plutonium.

Seen against the backdrop of humans increasingly becoming bubbles, living in their smartphones doing everything with their Echo thingies (if only they'd come up with a machine that does the ironing!) they'll soon hardly need to leave their sofas let alone go outside. Simply, they'll atrophy and won't be able to put up a fight - only the few who have not succumbed to technology - and it's pretty easy to see how Cyberdyne/Skynet could become actual.

Or will they simply become the machines? Upload themselves into a computer-like thing dispensing with flesh altogether (On trains I notice about 90% of people in the carriage glued to their smartphones. What a nuisance keep having to tap and rub their thumb up the little screens. How much easier if the thing was in their heads?)

Ok, we’re a bit away from the neuroscience yet but it isn’t for want of effort. With exponential growth rate the thing becomes scary indeed.

Of machines, is humanity creating its next evolutionary step? These AI devices probably won't have to rely on the nigh-depleted Earth - they almost certainly won't need air so they can travel where they like taking such time as they need. How will humans, fleshly organisms or digitised, fit in. Would they be in a position to sabotage progress? I hear about this thing called the singularity and keep meaning to look it up. I’m no scientist though. Push me past Ohm’s Law and I’m in the wilderland!

Cyberdyne/Skynet, here I come!!

Kioma 09-10-2017 04:20 PM

The thing is I don't think AI will get anywhere until someone can program an artificial ego.

Anything else is just mechanics.