Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Arousal After Meditation - Normal? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132667)

Green.Heals 25-11-2019 07:20 PM

Arousal After Meditation - Normal?

Hello,

this is a bit uncomfortable for me to share, but meditation in this way is new to me, and I am curious without the thread getting out of hand,

If it is normal to feel very aroused after meditation? & I know that nothing is "normal" and that anything is - safe & okay - to feel, more so, why might it happen please?

Maybe I just had some things bottled up..

Thank You

FairyCrystal 25-11-2019 07:38 PM

Can happen, especially if the sacral or navel chakra needed clearance and that was achieved by the meditation. That can indeed be bottled up energy, especially pertaining to navel or sacral chakra matters.

Unseeking Seeker 26-11-2019 02:59 AM

Each conjoined moment in time offers rapturous bliss
Silencing the outer din for the first time self did notice

Self

NoOne 26-11-2019 07:09 AM

Hi Green Heals,

Yes, that is completely normal. The second chakra is responsible for regulating the sexual organs, if it is activated, there may be arousal. It may also be a sign of a stirring Kundalini, as the second chakra is the one it presses against, when it rises from the base. If there is any heat or pressure along that area, particularly starting from the base of the spine, that's what it is. Otherwise, any activation of the second chakra (you might feel a buzz, or a spinning sensation there) can lead to arousal.

Generally speaking, it is a sign of early success in activating your chakras and doing meditation correctly.

Green.Heals 26-11-2019 04:38 PM

Thank you, I've only done a bit of mindfulness work off and on over the years, very limited. A bit of visualization that some people here have offered to me. I wanted to really work on that.

Yesterday morning was the first time, I've ever listened to an entire meditation, and worked through what the speaker was saying. I worked to be okay with having intrusive thoughts, and to not allow myself to perfect with what ever was happening.

I am really curious to keep going. :)

I felt very rejuvenated as well.

Green.Heals 26-11-2019 04:40 PM

Thank you FairyCrystal, you always have great insight.

Unseeking Seeker, I am not quite sure I understand, but thank you for your input.

A human Being 29-11-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green.Heals
Thank you, I've only done a bit of mindfulness work off and on over the years, very limited. A bit of visualization that some people here have offered to me. I wanted to really work on that.

Yesterday morning was the first time, I've ever listened to an entire meditation, and worked through what the speaker was saying. I worked to be okay with having intrusive thoughts, and to not allow myself to perfect with what ever was happening.

I am really curious to keep going. :)

I felt very rejuvenated as well.

Sounds like it's really working for you, great stuff - stick with it, as you say :)

RE the arousal, I don't remember experiencing that after meditation, but I've definitely experienced it during - my tendency used to be to judge myself for feeling that way, for fantasising, etc., like I didn't think it was 'appropriate' I guess, but now I work on just allowing those feelings, thoughts, etc. to be as they are, not repressing or indulging them in any way. We're sexual beings, after all, so it's natural that those feelings would arise, and even more so as you're becoming more relaxed - better that than to repress them (though it's important to be responsible, obviously).

So maybe try meditating if those feelings do arise, work on allowing them to circulate fully around your system?

Green.Heals 30-11-2019 08:14 AM

That is why I asked or started the thread, as I wasn't having thoughts or feelings of sexual activity nor arousal at all during the meditation.

A human Being 30-11-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green.Heals
That is why I asked or started the thread, as I wasn't having thoughts or feelings of sexual activity nor arousal at all during the meditation.

Meditation can have the effect of allowing what had previously been repressed to arise, as the body relaxes - maybe that's simply what happened here, but you only noticed the effect afterwards (possibly because you were listening to a guided meditation during the meditation)? As you say, it could just be a sign that you had things bottled up, either way I do think it's a positive sign and indicates that the meditation's working :)

sea-dove 04-12-2019 06:15 PM

I agree with the others, it's a quite positive sign of raising Kundalini. This is very good, meditation is working.