Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   I want a whole new healthy lifestyle (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15218)

LadyVirgoxoxo 01-05-2011 09:36 PM

I want a whole new healthy lifestyle

I feel so unhealthy it's ridiculous. I want something to help my mom and my best friend too because we are all so unhealthy! I'm stressed out 9 out of 12 months of the year because of school. I never have time for anything else because of school! School takes up so much time out of my life and I hate it. Summer is coming soon so that means I'll have time for so much but school will be right around the corner come August! I'm starting college in August too so that'll be even more stressful. I always feel tired, I think it's because of my anemia. I don't really have a lot of energy. I haven't exercised since gym in freshman year. I never really liked gym anyway so advice on some other forms of exercise would be great. Like I'm not very fond of sports. Neither is my mom nor my best friend. I'm mainly looking for exercise advice and what to add to my diet to become healthier. I want healthy, organic food.
And as for my mom, I think she's diabetic. We're not sure because she refuses to go to the doctor and take a blood test. She's scared of what he'll find. So she needs to cut back on her sugar intake. She needs some type of exercise too. Something soft and not having to take up too much energy. She's stressed out 24/7/12 months a year!
For my best friend: I know she's definitely really unhealthy. She wants to be a vegetarian yet she doesn't have the proper nutrition to do so. How can i help her get healthy vegetarian foods? She would also like to exercise too. How can I help her with that?

P.S.: I would like some type of exercise that helps me build strength and tone every area of my body especially my butt.

Gracey 01-05-2011 11:09 PM

starting with yoga is a great place, it is like isometrics and will build the muscle around your bones, that will help when you get older. there are all kinds of vegetarian shakes out there, a good start would be to replace one meal with a shake, and heck you all got each other...teamwork! best of luck to you all.

Silver 01-05-2011 11:27 PM

You could help your friend by suggesting that she (and you?) go visit a nutritionist, for starters. It helped me when I was pregnant, but anytime is a good time to visit with a nutritionist.

LadyVirgoxoxo 02-05-2011 01:38 AM

My best friend used to do yoga last summer, she loved it, but she's very flexible. My mom and I aren't flexible at all. Is it okay to do it even though you're not flexible?I'll mention vegetarian shakes to my bff.
Are nutritionists expensive?

Gracey 02-05-2011 01:42 AM

i started doing yoga when i was very unhealthy, could barley walk due to a mild stroke from smoking and overweight. i did yoga for beginners for awhile and then slowly built myself up to working out 3 hours a day three days a week, when i started i was not flexible in the least bit, but i became flexible. you will get a workout from yoga, and strength and it will also prepare you for cardio by teaching you how to breath....if you choose to do that down the line.

LadyVirgoxoxo 02-05-2011 01:43 AM

I always wanted to try yoga but I was always scared I'd get stuck in the lotus position...lol

Gracey 02-05-2011 01:45 AM

ha ha....you are funny.:D

GSX-R girl 02-05-2011 08:43 AM

Hi Ladyvirgo I have been recently making efforts to lose weight and get fit -
though some like the Master Cleanse ( see my other thread ) are probably a bit extreme for you !!

One type of exercise that I really enjoy is a mini-trampoline you can build up the time you do it by 5 mins a week ,it tones every part of your body and you can watch telly as you do it:smile:

Chrysaetos 02-05-2011 09:37 AM

I'vee tried various vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets over the past years, and I feel more energetic when I add meat/fish to my diet. I had more headaches and dizziness on a veg diet, yet I made sure to get the vitamins, protein, and iron I needed. It's known that iron from plant sources is harder to get and absorb. So have a look at iron.

A healthy diet is the most important thing for our health. You may go with yoga, exercise, happy thoughts. And all of these are good, but your diet should be your first issue, I believe. It's the basis. It doesn't have to be organic, since many organic labels aren't always 'green', 'animal friendly', or 'healthier'. I know a guy who's dad is a farmer and their milk goes to the organic milk industry, yet their cows are always inside, also in the summer. And I shouldn't mention all that organic tea and coffee that causes deforestation yet it is 'organic' because in is produced in a certain way. Of course it's not the same everywhere but my point is that organic isn't necessarily better or healthier. If you really want healthy organic food, the safest route is your own garden, or to get it from people you know.

If you want to lose weight you could try eating less grains (and drop sugar). A well balanced exercise that's good for your whole body would be swimming.

Asrais 02-05-2011 10:42 AM

Try looking at Low GI diets - I've found that there the way to go, for me anyway. If ya Google it you'll get tonnes of info, but basically it eating whole foods that take longer to digest, keeping you full and balancing your blood sugar. Its highly recommended for Diabetics and pre-diabetics.