Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Choice (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120675)

AnneC2013 13-02-2018 04:14 AM

Choice

Do you have a choice not to come back to the living for reincarnation?

Rah nam 13-02-2018 06:39 AM

If you are clear enough to make it into the astral realm, yes.

And according to what I can see, you are more then clear enough.

Ghost_Rider_1970 13-02-2018 07:34 PM

I would say that we don't, at least not with our current conscious awareness that disappears when we die and goes back to Universal Consciousness from where we came.

I therefore believe that we as the Universe reincarnate through others as they are born. So the Universe can re-experience itself through you, me - each and every one of us anew. Without any prejudices or preconceptions.

AnneC2013 13-02-2018 09:05 PM

So if our awareness dies when we die then how is reincarnation and past life regression possible?? I do not want to come back I just want to somehow make sure that I don’t come back.

Ghost_Rider_1970 13-02-2018 09:38 PM

Although I will always accept others views and opinions, I don't believe anything is hidden from any of us as we explore who we are on our incredible journey of self-discovery.

Mine has lead me to appreciate that while we as our individual consciousness doesn't reincarnate, we as the Universe does so through everyone and everything that comes into 'Being'. So as our consciousness goes back to the beautiful state of 'nothingness' when we die, another is formed from it. So the Universe can experience itself afresh. I truly find this so breath-taking.

When it comes to past life regression I have explored this on my own life path where I don't believe we have past lives. This is so the Universe through the senses of those who are born can experience things as though they've never experienced them before.

It's a bit like watching a fantastic film or reading an amazing book and then wishing you could erase it from your mind so you can re-experience it again. The Universe does this through each of us in the most beneficent way :smile:

Rah nam 13-02-2018 10:22 PM

One additional comment, one can see our life/incarnation from the perspective of the spirit which is within or attached to the physical body or the physical body which is part of the planetary consciousness.
If we view it as the later then Ghost Rider's view is somewhat valid, yet we are spirit and have an agreement with the planetary consciousness, the Logos to experience life in this reality.
And if we are here in service as many are, we don't come alone, we have support, and would not get trapped in the lower realms.
AnneC I would encourage you to seek a connection with those who are around you, who support you in this incarnation.
Hallelujah, we are almost at the end of it.

TheTruth 13-02-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnneC2013
So if our awareness dies when we die then how is reincarnation and past life regression possible?? I do not want to come back I just want to somehow make sure that I don’t come back.

Awareness doesn't die but your false identity does and a new one is made affected by your previous actions, each time you incarnate.

Your true identity doesn't change and is eternal.

Mb867 13-02-2018 10:45 PM

I have always kinda felt like or thought we just keep coming back until we get it right. Whatever "IT" is that is. Maybe "it" is what our true purpose is for being here. And once we get that right then we no longer come back. Just my 2 cents

inavalan 14-02-2018 02:53 AM

Quote:

Do you have a choice not to come back to the living for reincarnation?

After you die, you see the life that just ended from a different perspective than you do now.

When you wake up from a dream, even if you just had a nightmare, do you ever say: I don't want to dream again?

inavalan 14-02-2018 05:34 AM

Seth - Roberts:
"Now, if you realize that you create your physical reality through your own thoughts and desires, then you have learned the most important aspects of reality. This is what you have been setting out to do in your other lives, in your past existences. The realization of these truths nullifies any so-called "debts" from other lives. When you realize this and act upon it, there is no reason for you to come back here again unless you want to. Any of your difficulties in past lives were caused because you did not realize these basic truths. Your reincarnational pasts can help you if you know of them only if they make these truths evident to you, only if you learn from them. Otherwise, they exist within you subconsciously and unconsciously, in any case."
-- From Seth Class, Saturday, February 3, 1970

AnneC2013 14-02-2018 07:36 AM

I’m sure everyone does when they wake up from an unwanted dream

linen53 14-02-2018 02:59 PM

Reincarnating is like a giant jigsaw puzzle. Each time you reincarnate you put a few pieces in their proper place. Once the puzzle is complete, you see the entire picture and you understand this realm of existence. Then you can move on.

On the other hand, if you don't want to come back to this planet there are other places you can reincarnate, much easier places. Souls come to this planet because the learning curve is much shorter, albeit it's a harsher place. Pain equals learning.

AnneC2013 14-02-2018 06:04 PM

I think anyone who wakes up from an unwanted dream saids I don’t want that dream again or try to find the significance of the dream to their current life. But even though everyone has difference in opinion and I respect everyone opinion. My thoughts are if the consciousness continues beyond death than really what is the difference between consciousness living on and reincarnation? Anyways going back to the original question do you believe we have the choice not to come back I rather stay in spirit or the other side or whatever anyone believes it’s called.

TheTruth 14-02-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

I think anyone who wakes up from an unwanted dream saids I don’t want that dream again or try to find the significance of the dream to their current life. But even though everyone has difference in opinion and I respect everyone opinion. My thoughts are if the consciousness continues beyond death than really what is the difference between consciousness living on and reincarnation? Anyways going back to the original question do you believe we have the choice not to come back I rather stay in spirit or the other side or whatever anyone believes it’s called.

Of course we have a choice, as inavalan quoted we create our own reality. Point is you have to realise this and then you know from direct experience.

Native spirit 14-02-2018 10:08 PM

Everyone is here to learn what we don't learn in this life time we learn in the next. and so it goes on until we have learnt. what it is we need to learn.
I have lived many life times. but now I walk my final path I wont be back.
and I have no desire to come back either.

Namaste

Melahin 14-02-2018 10:39 PM

You incarnate because you desire to; so if you have no desires to reincarnate then you are clear :happy8:

Native spirit 14-02-2018 11:24 PM

No that is your belief not mine I had no desire to be born.or to be born to the parents I was born to either.

Namaste

Melahin 15-02-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
No that is your belief not mine I had no desire to be born.or to be born to the parents I was born to either.

Maybe you have no desire of feeling the way you do about your experiences in life?

AnneC2013 15-02-2018 07:21 AM

I feel that this life has Given me a lot of grief. A lot of unnecessary incidents that didn’t need to happen. I know we are here to learn I do not believe life is what we make of it atleast it’s not for everyone. Some people can go through a very happy awarding life and others don’t its unfortunate. I’m usually very happy and very very thankful for what I have, it’s never taken for granted. I found peace. But it still doesn’t change my mind about not wanting to return. Maybe later on I’ll feel differently. But I agree with the other person I didn’t ask to be born, it was as if I was forced to come lol.

H:O:R:A:C:E 15-02-2018 08:27 AM

think of it this way: no one no place, on either side of the veil, can prevent
you from choosing to enter into incarnation. i believe that the power of
choice is sacrosanct (though it very often appears to be meaningless from
the perspectives allowed here).

Melahin 15-02-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

But I agree with the other person I didn’t ask to be born, it was as if I was forced to come lol.

Desires are not a conscious choice. We are all pulled in by desires, and resisting them is what creates a distortion between who we feel we are, and who we truly are. We are all born fulfilled: if we understood that we could all live happy and joyful lives. But we grow up in contrast, and now try to rationalize it as there might be something we need to learn, or something eternally wrong with us. Nope not really. You just have to be you :happy8:

Rah nam 15-02-2018 11:33 PM

Choice or no choice?

I am, what is sometimes called a wanderer, and I can detect one or two others in this threat, so I will try to view it from the perspective of a wanderer.
First, unless a spirit is trapped in the non-physical earth realm, from where spirits are pulled into the next incarnation, we have always a choice.
We wanderers follow the call of sorrow, and the call from earth was especially strong. It just draws you in. And the wanderers came in droves, millions and millions.
The choice to be a wanderer, to stay with this term, is made as soon we enter 5th density, the density of wisdom, where unconditional love is fully implemented.
We need to understand, if one wanderer incarnates, there are many more around him or her in the non physical. Sometimes I feel, I simply had the short straw. On the other hand, Rah nam (me) is someone who can incarnate into a difficult 3D reality and leave after one incarnation without a scratch. (through, after waking up, letting go of any attachments )
Yes we have choices, only the choices are made a very long time ago. sometimes eons ago. And in that context, the stay here is only a minute fraction of our existence on our path to the density of unity.
Rah nam

Michelle11 16-02-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

The human mind bases it's value system on human experience. It is wired to want to avoid pain and suffering as a means of survival. Our soul sees from a whole other perspective. It knows what the game is all about. Our human mind is blind and confused while our soul can see the bigger picture. So our soul sometimes takes on more that it's human self can comfortably handle. This creates intense conflict about being human and often there is a strong desire to be done with life in response to the pain. Mainly because there may be no other solution the human mind can see as solving the problem. But I think it is like how we as humans get when we are hungry. We tend to put way too much food on our plate finding out we are unable to eat all of it. We say we will never do it again only to find ourselves doing it again when we are super hungry the next time. In the end, human life is finite. It feels long but it really goes by pretty fast. Your perspective about it from the soul level very well may see great benefit and chose to come back despite your human mind being thoroughly frustrated. I don't think we are forced ever. So to answer your question I don't believe you have to come back but suspect all of us do despite having lives we wish we could get out of. There is value we just can't see as a human. But I don't at all think you have to and maybe you won't.

Nitiananda 18-02-2018 12:32 AM

I answered this question in the topic about sports after death .. The choice of the next rebirth is determined by your accumulated experience in this and past lives. But in order to change this it is necessary in life to erase data about worldly experience leading and sucking the soul into hell .. with the help of a thorough spiritual practice .. and introduce a significant fixation on the high world of his holy master who can bring you to a high world .. Or, in life, cultivate devotion to a great saint who will help your soul after death to go to a good world. Only if you think that e If you go sometimes to the temple sometimes on Sundays and pray for your sins, and all the remaining time to live a worldly life, accumulate money to break the commandments. And amuse yourself, then I assure you that no saint will save you from falling to the lower worlds ..

Because according to experience after the death of the great saints, the founders of all world religions, worldly experience leads eventually to Hell. We very rarely regenerate after death again in the world of people. It would be good and fun every time to come back again into the world of people .. that God again gave us a chance to correct our oshchibki.No reality is not like that. All we have to first pay the bills .. And then they will give us to start life already in the new body again. And in our real life and good it is impossible to escape from debts .. It is impossible to do this after death. The only thing that remains for us during life is seriously engaged in spiritual practice .. In order that we could freely drop our body at the time of death .. as an unnecessary our shell and will go to the worlds of happiness in the next life. However, this Pts is not easy .

AnneC2013 18-02-2018 07:20 AM

My question was in regards to not coming back ( not wanting to come back)

Nitiananda 18-02-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

My question was in regards to not coming back ( not wanting to come back)

In spiritual practice there is the notion of as achieve liberation and enlightenment.It's to physically wipe out the bad karma that we were born into in this world.If you do this,then you will be able to fight back your body and go into the worlds of happiness.In immortality.

AnneC2013 19-02-2018 12:40 AM

Ah ok I understand now

inavalan 19-02-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitiananda
In spiritual practice there is the notion of as achieve liberation and enlightenment.It's to physically wipe out the bad karma that we were born into in this world.If you do this,then you will be able to fight back your body and go into the worlds of happiness.In immortality.

I believe that you put together several concepts that don't go together: liberation, enlightenment, bad karma, fight back your body, world of happiness, immortality.

We all read, discuss, think, learn, experience, over and over. We should be careful to extract the essence from others' ideas, and not make them our own without understanding where they're coming form.

There is one path, but many approximations.

TheTruth 20-02-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melahin
Desires are not a conscious choice. We are all pulled in by desires, and resisting them is what creates a distortion between who we feel we are, and who we truly are. We are all born fulfilled: if we understood that we could all live happy and joyful lives. But we grow up in contrast, and now try to rationalize it as there might be something we need to learn, or something eternally wrong with us. Nope not really. You just have to be you :happy8:

Yes you are right, we need to observe who we are and what we are doing.

Then automatically we are in total acceptance and surrender. Which of course believe it or not, brings about real freedom, awareness and fulfillment as you are no longer struggling in denial.

Tobi 24-02-2018 01:48 AM

There have been arguments against Free Will, but I have seen Souls make free will choices, and there is acceptance in Spirit for those choices. Souls can decide what to do next. Nobody is forcing anyone. Whatever we choose to do is up to us.
These Soul choices are often made by what we most deeply desire. Not by some whim or fancy.

Those basics I do know. The further details I can not fully know yet but when we go to Spirit, we will see.

Rain95 24-02-2018 06:39 PM

I read incarnation is a choice. So we all choose to be here. I think not liking it here is normal and common. So why would we choose to go somewhere where we don't like it? From our perspective it makes no sense. But I think from the other side it makes sense. This is the best place to learn and grow. Through these struggles and suffering we grow and evolve and become better. We want to become angels and this is the best place to work on that. But yea it is difficult and hard at times.

Rain95 24-02-2018 06:45 PM

I don't want to come back either. I think the best way to not come back is to be the best person you can. Make the best of things, be kind to yourself and others, stay positive. Try to stay in a loving place.

AnneC2013 24-02-2018 08:40 PM

That’s what I thought too but was curious on what everyone else thought if they felt the same. As I read everyone’s comments to my post and question. It opens my mind more to what everyone feels and thinks.

inavalan 24-02-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain95
I read incarnation is a choice. So we all choose to be here. I think not liking it here is normal and common. So why would we choose to go somewhere where we don't like it? From our perspective it makes no sense. But I think from the other side it makes sense. This is the best place to learn and grow. Through these struggles and suffering we grow and evolve and become better. We want to become angels and this is the best place to work on that. But yea it is difficult and hard at times.

So, if we don't like it here now, it means we aren't doing what we incarnated to be doing here.

I really don't believe that struggles and suffering help us grow. They're an indication that our thoughts are not in harmony with our life purpose.

Rah nam 25-02-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
So, if we don't like it here now, it means we aren't doing what we incarnated to be doing here.

I really don't believe that struggles and suffering help us grow. They're an indication that our thoughts are not in harmony with our life purpose.

It is not as strait forward as it seams. If someone, as most, is here in lesson, then yes, follow your heart practice dispassion, compassion, hold the energy of love in your heart, and your incarnation cycle is guarantied over.
On the other hand, if someone is here in service and at some point waking up, and remembers who and what s/he is, one can not help but dismayed by what one sees after looking around. People still kill each other, for what? Greed, control of others, groups or nations. Kill animals for sport or food.
For many it is difficult to stay on target.
But there is light on the end of the tunnel and the tunnel gets shorter and shorter. Just a few steps more.