Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   becoming veg (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21656)

Marie 02-09-2011 03:21 AM

becoming veg

me and my twinflame are becoming vegetarians on our way, still eating some chicken and fish, and milk products. We dont mind still eating milk products, but I wonder if you know an alternative(thats easily accesible) to milk and milk products? I have tried soy before, but it didnt taste well in "meat sauce" and my twin doesnt think soy milk taste good.. are there any other alternatives that you know about?
Its amazing how fresh you feel eating vegs and fruits, and how little you eat! Weve got our energy levels up and are much more positive, and were feeling so fresh! But i must say the cleansing takes time since we run to the toilet all time lol :D
Its weird.. I asked The Source of all that is to help,and over-night he took the need for other than vegs and fruits! The results amazing. And before that I started to go weird over all dead animals all around in supermarkets.

Lovely 03-09-2011 05:01 AM

Rice milk is delicious! There is also almond milk, flax milk, and coconut milk.
I have seen all 4 available at walmart so they are easily accessible.

Congrats on going veg and feeling better :D

psychoslice 03-09-2011 05:43 AM

What I have observed over the years is that, a vegetarian diet including some milk products is much healthier than a vegan diet, after all no animal had to die to make milk or cheese, many go over board about not eating animals, and also many do damage to their health doing so.

DebbyM 03-09-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
What I have observed over the years is that, a vegetarian diet including some milk products is much healthier than a vegan diet, after all no animal had to die to make milk or cheese, many go over board about not eating animals, and also many do damage to their health doing so.

What about all the calves that are born so that humans can consume a product that they don't need and that by and large most of us are actually 'sensitive' to, if not downright allergic to, and must die? Are they less worthy of compassion than the grown animals? http://7d.blogs.com/blurt/2010/06/bu...l-cruelty.html That link (with no video or photos) will tell you about Bushway Packing Plant which was closed in 2010 because of 'egregious cruelty' to day old calves, including skinning alive.

And the cows, whose natural life span should be 20+ years, are slaughtered in their fifth or sixth year because their bodies are so worn out from being pregnant constantly while giving excessive amounts of milk, that their production levels finally drop to a point where they are deemed worthless. 'Nobody dies'? Care to rethink that statement?

psychoslice 03-09-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbyM
What about all the calves that are born so that humans can consume a product that they don't need and that by and large most of us are actually 'sensitive' to, if not downright allergic to, and must die? Are they less worthy of compassion than the grown animals? http://7d.blogs.com/blurt/2010/06/bu...l-cruelty.html That link (with no video or photos) will tell you about Bushway Packing Plant which was closed in 2010 because of 'egregious cruelty' to day old calves, including skinning alive.

And the cows, whose natural life span should be 20+ years, are slaughtered in their fifth or sixth year because their bodies are so worn out from being pregnant constantly while giving excessive amounts of milk, that their production levels finally drop to a point where they are deemed worthless. 'Nobody dies'? Care to rethink that statement?

as I have said these are my observations, I have known many vegan's and most look sickly, you cannot get away from anything so called suffering completely, its part of nature, animals kill each other to survive, we can only do our best without going silly over it.

DebbyM 04-09-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

as I have said these are my observations, I have known many vegan's and most look sickly, you cannot get away from anything so called suffering completely, its part of nature, animals kill each other to survive, we can only do our best without going silly over it.

If you are going to suggest that a few vegans who don't eat well makes the 'diet' unhealthy, then there are millions of people who either include dairy and/or meat and are totally unhealthy, overweight, diabetic, have sick hearts and bad joints, which only PROVES that those diets are totally unhealthy and should be changed or not indulged in at all. These are my observations.

I am 56 years old, weigh as much as I did when I was 19 before I had my first baby, and never get sick. My daughter is also a vegan, works in a doctors office and is at the gym, lifting weights, riding her road bike daily on mountain roads and she is never sick. The vegans that you know apparently don't know how to prepare healthy food but they can join the same club that all the unhealthy meat eaters (and they are legion!)belong to. So generalizing and spreading misinformation as though it is fact is not fair or realistic.

BlueSky 04-09-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie
me and my twinflame are becoming vegetarians on our way, still eating some chicken and fish, and milk products. We dont mind still eating milk products, but I wonder if you know an alternative(thats easily accesible) to milk and milk products? I have tried soy before, but it didnt taste well in "meat sauce" and my twin doesnt think soy milk taste good.. are there any other alternatives that you know about?
Its amazing how fresh you feel eating vegs and fruits, and how little you eat! Weve got our energy levels up and are much more positive, and were feeling so fresh! But i must say the cleansing takes time since we run to the toilet all time lol :D
Its weird.. I asked The Source of all that is to help,and over-night he took the need for other than vegs and fruits! The results amazing. And before that I started to go weird over all dead animals all around in supermarkets.

Hi Marie,
Looks like lovely answered your question. There is not much for me to add. Personally I use milk but I have tried all of those that she suggested and they are delicious.
I just wanted to say that I'm excited that you two are excited about this. I wish you great success!

psychoslice 04-09-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbyM
If you are going to suggest that a few vegans who don't eat well makes the 'diet' unhealthy, then there are millions of people who either include dairy and/or meat and are totally unhealthy, overweight, diabetic, have sick hearts and bad joints, which only PROVES that those diets are totally unhealthy and should be changed or not indulged in at all. These are my observations.

I am 56 years old, weigh as much as I did when I was 19 before I had my first baby, and never get sick. My daughter is also a vegan, works in a doctors office and is at the gym, lifting weights, riding her road bike daily on mountain roads and she is never sick. The vegans that you know apparently don't know how to prepare healthy food but they can join the same club that all the unhealthy meat eaters (and they are legion!)belong to. So generalizing and spreading misinformation as though it is fact is not fair or realistic.

Yes it seems that we both have our own observations, and that is how it should be, its a personal choice that should have no guilt attached, what works for you may not work for me, or someone else, I'm a vegetarian that includes a small amount of milk products, it works for me but may not work for you, so being happy with your choice is what its all about.

Marie 04-09-2011 03:26 AM

Many thanx all of you, its nice to *see* you all!=) Do you have any suggestions about what to use instead of cheese? that kinda taste the same? or similar? Our bodies dont want the old lifestyle anymore, we basically litterally woke up same morning wanting to cut it out, our bodies didnt want it anymore. Might be because were raising in frequencies.. Ive said to myself its a start and go from there, but I can feel that my body wants to cut milk products too and go full vegan. What do you have to think of to get to eat when doing so? any specific vitamines? how do you cover zink and iron? protein? I just bought my first soymilk.. thought we try it, hubby wanted to give it a go,Ill use your alternatives as well. Have some pounds to drop and I can feel already here and there Im losing. Is fish as bad as milk products? can you do a milk sauce of the alternatives? I just want to have veggie lasagna.. and sauce to stuff... did a veggie lasagna,it taste fabulous and SO much more taste! and its amazing how full you are! our bodies cleansing and everything go so easy. All I regret is that I havent done it earlier. Im full of energy and wake up early morning, I used to be stone tired by then! And all for meat.. man.. amazing!
I love to stew vegs. any good reciepts how to do that without milk?
do you know any full vegan cookbooks and do you know a good store to buy things? Im from Uk.
you know something weird happened when we went shopping and we still were on meat, I could hear the screaming animals in the freeze boxes and I started to feel it was dead wrong. Must be the frequencies.. so much going on.. and my hubby has even start to carry all incoming "unwanted" flying animals out again instead of just smacking them.. all over night.
Its funny because Ive always been the type that thought veggie were far pumped up and a clicheŽ. That it was all a saying and something you couldnt rely on really and taken to extreme. So much you dont know,i just say.

BlueSky 04-09-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Yes it seems that we both have our own observations, and that is how it should be, its a personal choice that should have no guilt attached, what works for you may not work for me, or someone else, I'm a vegetarian that includes a small amount of milk products, it works for me but may not work for you, so being happy with your choice is what its all about.

Nicely stated..........:smile: