Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My First Actual OBE Experience (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119327)

XalosJuryin 20-12-2017 04:51 PM

My First Actual OBE Experience

INTRODUCTION

Hello guys! So, I have been reading about OBE for some time, since June of 2016 and have been really interested in it. I do have lucid dreams rather easily, (but in order for it to happen I must think alot about it and do reality checks) but never had any OBE experience before.

Today, while meditating on my cushion (Zafu) on the floor, I felt sleepy and so I tried to have an OBE in bed. I figured that lying down in a meditative state would help. It didn't work...instead I got those impromptu dream images and random narratives. So, I decided to actually sleep for 45 minutes. This is what happened to me...

THE EXPERIENCE

I don't know if I had this experience straight after I fell asleep or if I fell asleep at all. I don't know if I had dreams before that, but I would have remembered them. So...I only remember the actual experience, which went like this:

In my normal 'blacked out vision' (what you see with your eyes closed), circles of luminous orbs appeared in front of me. I had never seen such a luminous phenomenon like that in my blacked out vision screen. These many orbs made a big circle. This circle of orbs moved far out and then back to me, changing in size. In other words, there was some kind of tunnel or path being suggested to me.

Together with this visual manifestation – and perhaps the most expressive sign that this was no regular dream – was a sound that filled the whole of my consciousness, as if I was listening to it through headphones. The sound was not thunderous or explosive, as some people report in their experiences. My sound was more like an 'electronic spiral powering down' kind of thing. It wasn't a heavy sound, but rather a more high-pitched one. It looked and sounded like an alien abduction, haha. Adding to that, I remember hearing distant drums or thunders, as if a group of percussionists were banging at tribal drums.

So, on experiencing all that, I remembered to stay calm and let it all play out. Koi Fresco, a wonderful Youtuber, came to mind because he talks about these experiences. The thought of him reminded me that this is something alot of people out there also go through, so I was okay. Halfway through the whole thing, I thought out loud: "I want to have an OBE, please". I said that with both conviction and humbleness.

A little after that request, I began to experience signs of an alternate body. I could feel my paralyzed physical body too, but I felt that I could float through it. So I took time floating about quite freely, not knowing if I was actually moving in space or not. I was just experiencing the sensation of floating. At one point, I thought that If I opened my eyes, I would see my physical body below me. But that was a mistake, for I actually woke up from the experience.

I woke up in sleep paralysis. Now, I have read about it dozens of times and actually experienced one which lasted, like, 2 seconds. Haha. But this one lasted longer – 40 seconds to one minute. I could hear dad in the corridor and feared that he might come into my bedroom and see my paralyzed. Still, I kept it very cool. I knew what was happening. I could breathe and that is what mattered to me, so I let it play itself out until I broke free. And I did break free. Boy, that was an experience to me.

KEY POINTS

Sound of an electronic system powering down

Circle of luminous orbs that moved

Sound of distant drums

Pressure in and around head (What I call a 'surging pressure')

Floating around (sense of alternate body)

Could feel physical body, too

Sleep paralysis

Lucidity (I could think quite clearly, as if I were awake)

OBSERVATIONS

I think I should have had more patience. I believe I was experiencing the formation of an alternate body, into which my consciousness was being transferred. Yet, I didn't let the process develop and instead opened my physical eyes. Still, I am happy with the experience.

I wish to explore consciousness through OBE (and lucid dreaming), so that I can better understand reality by developing wisdom and thus being able to take part in the universe as a better person, hoping to shine my light on other people whenever I can.

Badcopyinc 20-12-2017 06:10 PM

How much have you read about Astral Projection?
Robert Monroe did extensive research. And a lot of psychics use his techniques to access what Cayce referred to as the subconscious. but in short alpha state is where all the magic happens and from your description it reads a lot like AP. keep in mind you reach Alpha state two times each day naturally right before you go to bed and right when you wake up. this is also why a lot of lucid dreaming literature directs beginners to practice waking up at 3 am waiting more than 15 min to get out of alpha and then going back to bed. gives you more chances to get into alpha. Also if i remember correctly there was mention of intentionally getting to alpha and not allowing yourself to lose consciousness. they way it was described was to allow the body and mind to go to sleep but still stay conscious. if i find the technique i will post it on here later.

I've had a plethora of experiences exactly as you describe. It can be very overwhelming when you have countless guides all trying to talk to you at the same time especially your first trip.

If your goal is a OBE, books about Astral Projection and Lucid dreaming will also help. they all seem to be teaching the same ideas to be honest.

RobinoftheMoor 21-12-2017 03:35 PM

Be careful about what you "should" see and experience based on other's experiences--Your experience is just that: YOUR experience.
This is an amazing and wonderful story. You seem to be on the trail head of a path that will last throughout your life. Keep us posted...we have much to learn from you!

CrystalSong 22-12-2017 04:43 AM

Wonderful! You are off to a great start!

XalosJuryin 22-12-2017 07:51 PM

Thank you for the reminder, Badcopyinc! I am thinking of going back to a sleep schedule in which I wake up at that time and do what you said. I'll give it a try. In your experiences, have you found out what the orbs can mean?

RobinoftheMoor, I am well aware of that, but thank you for the reminder. It is important to let things happen naturally and let go of expectations. Thank you!

CrystalSong, thank you for your support as well. I really appreciate it. its good to have a community in life and you all make part of it for me :)

CrystalSong 22-12-2017 08:41 PM

I wanted to add, I rarely astral travel as I recall, but am a Conscious Projector, which is very similar to what you described: dropping into meditation, waiting to see the smoke tunnel ring things (tunnel/vortex) and upon seeing it - setting my destination (is Mars or 'a lifetime of significance post Iron Age) then jumping - flying into the tunnel.
Shortly I'll 'land' where I intended. waiting a moment and allowing my third eye to adjust to the scenes and then moving around as inclined.

I use question or short sentences of Intention to navigate (ie: What's that glowing thing on the left - move closer to it' or 'where does this hallway lead?' or "What is of most interest in this room?, "Zoom closer, Back out and re-focus' etc)
Without doing navigation the consciousness gets bored and returns to body, so staying actively curious is important.

I can usually stay out for around an hour, after that I intentionally return to body or just sort of run out of focus or energy and return naturally - often seeing the tunnel on the way back and if I went off planet I often see stars through the 'smoke ring' walls.

Sometimes I take groups of friends with me and after we return we make sketches and compare notes of what we saw. We often can see/feel where each other is as well and if we decide to draw a map of a particular place and where everyone was everyone's sketches will show the same people in the same places. It's extremely validating!!

(Note - there is no body in this form of travel - just glowing energy orb, but we can still recognize each others 'essence' and know where one another is.)

This method does require being able to move out of the egoic mind and into the Witness state or Observer Mode as some call it. The Ego can not do this. Only Consciousness itself can do it.

XalosJuryin 28-12-2017 11:28 PM

That was enlightening, CrystalSong. I have a question, or a basic worry: a couple of nights back, I decided before lying in bed that I would have an OBE. Before actually trying to do it, I did the golden light exercise suggested by Khartika Goe in her book "Multidimensional Traveler, Finding Togetherness". So I envisioned myself covered in golden light and positive vibration. Ok, so then I relax and try to let my body fall asleep, all the while maintaining mindfulness or awareness of what was happening (hoping that my body would eventually enter paralysis and i would be left only with vision, so to speak). Five times the following happened: my body temperature increased significantly (to the point in which I had to remove my blanket), a sense of spaciousness increased and my left arm developed a "paralysis armour" as I like to think of it. That means that my left arm became very relaxed and so I began to feel kind of like a second arm in its place (my energy arm?).

So five times that happened and I wasn't able to move past that at all. The orbs of light that I had seen in my previous exp did not appear and neither did the sounds/noises. I am missing out on something...maybe wait a little longer until my body actually falls asleep, or should I try visualizing? Any feedback would be great, thanks :)

CrystalSong 30-12-2017 01:46 AM

Well, as I said I'm not an Astral Traveler, but am a Conscious Projector. We do it all very differently in Conscious Projection.
These questions/specifics would best be answered by an actual astral traveler. I'll be watching to see what kinds of answers come back for you, other forms of travel interest me too!