Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What is the most important thing? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80444)

Bsoul 20-01-2015 11:05 PM

What is the most important thing?

What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey? It can be anything from a personal attribute, an item you use, a song or book that motivates you or you reference often, a person- anything that keeps you inspired and on your path.

I would like to have a judgement-free zone here, with no debate about practice or ideology. That is why I started this thread here in The Sanctuary".

I will go first and say it is patience for me. I can wait through the hard times and immerse myself in the good times without looking to move on to the next moment. If someone is not on my wavelength, I can stop and wait for them, until we can walk side by side. It has kept me from physical harm and from harming others. It has enabled me to read and study some long, exhaustive material and educate myself about many things that interest me and take the time to develop my viewpoint. So it is patience for me.

Take some time and think about it. It may remind you of something you need to
remember or give you a fresh perspective. I invite you to come here and share. No need to hurry. I can wait! Love to all!

ocean breeze 23-01-2015 01:39 AM

Awareness. Just being aware of what's going on in and around me. Though i'm not really on a soul journey but it plays an important role on my everyday life.

Miss Hepburn 23-01-2015 01:52 AM

Remaining open...
seeing the innocence in it all...
staying in the joy of the journey itself...
practicing the Presence of the Divine...
staying aware I'm in a dream...
keeping my eye on the Goal...
knowing what the Goal is...
realizing more and more who I am...

Take your pick...all or any one...

Believe me I could go on!

innerlight 23-01-2015 01:56 AM

Love... Things, memories, feelings fade away. But the love you have remains with you. The way you made another feel, remains eternal.

Bsoul 23-01-2015 02:40 AM

I'm so glad to see all of your replies! Thank you for coming here to share. I put this question out because I had asked it of myself and I wanted others to ask themselves. I thought it would be a nice exercise. I'm always curious about how others find their spirit and care for their soul in this crazy world. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to ocean breeze, Miss H and innerlight. It's good to see you in The Sanctuary!

WhiteWarrior 23-01-2015 07:14 PM

It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can. I literally can't help it.

Shaunc 23-01-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can. I literally can't help it.

That's a great answer & one I can relate to myself. I'm reading this thread with great interest.

knightofalbion 23-01-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can.

Good answer! To help each other along is every soul's calling.

Bsoul 23-01-2015 10:38 PM

Thank you White Warrior, ShaunC and knightofalbion for coming here to share! I also believe we have a duty to help each other along. I read your posts before leaving work and thought about them on the way home. It seems that the word duty has a negative connotation to it these days. Its good to see you stepping up to plate and claiming it. I believe that when you have more, it is your duty to give more. It's very refreshing to know that some people want to help more than just themselves! Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!

LorriePaige 16-06-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsoul
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey? It can be anything from a personal attribute, an item you use, a song or book that motivates you or you reference often, a person- anything that keeps you inspired and on your path.

I would say my altar and my Book of Shadows & Light. I've had them both for awhile now and enjoy adding to them and subtracting things from them when necessary; they are the most personal spiritual things I have which is a huge part of who I am.