Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weird experience while meditating (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16997)

Avicus 04-06-2011 08:34 AM

Weird experience while meditating

Hello,
My name is Avicus. I've recently stumbled upon deep meditation and practice deep breathing techniques to reduce stress.

I had a very strange experience while practicing deep breathing and I suppose meditation. I've only been doing this for about two weeks. About 50 minutes of meditation one night in a dark room with my eyes closed, my room illuminated with a green glow before my closed eyes. I saw everything in my room and I waved my arms in front of me and I could see everything. I opened my eyes and the illumination disappeared, when I closed my eyes again I could no longer see the lights or my room. I tried to meditate once again in hopes of seeing the same thing again but I was unable to. Shortly after I started to experience a spinning feeling. I lay there still breathing but the spinning got really intense and for some reason I was filled with fear, so much that I had to pull myself out of the meditation.

It's been about week since I last experienced that and I have been trying to repeat it since. Last night I went into a deep relaxation and tried to meditate however, I decide to lie on my side after awhile thinking I might as well just get some rest. Almost immediately after I felt as though the room was spinning, realizing that this was what I was hoping for I remained calm and re-assured myself that there was no danger and that I was just going to let it flow. It felt as though 10 or 15 minutes had gone by and the feeling got really intense. I felt something like webs latching onto me, pulling me towards the ceiling I opened my eyes and I could see that I wasn't moving however the feeling was still there and intensified. I tried to remain calm however fear overwhelmed me and i came out of it, but it was not as easy to come out of as my last experience. My body felt really heavy and it seem to take all my strength to move it.

I am a healthy individual and I take no substances. I do yoga as an exercise and accidentally came across meditation during a session, meaning I experienced calmness of mind, feeling fully aware of my surroundings with no noise in my head at all, no irritating thoughts or feelings.. just aware of breath and body. After experiencing this wonderful feeling I decided to look it up and came across breathing techniques, belly breathing. All this is new to me and it's really changed me, however I don't know what to think of it, am I losing my mind or is there something real about this?
Does anyone have any idea what I've been experiencing?

ravenstar 04-06-2011 08:30 PM

Hi Avicus :smile:

These are my first thoughts of your experiences....
The first time you meditated what I believe you experienced was the opening of the 'third eye' or 'eye of wisdom, which is known as the doorway to higher wisdom and intuition. Some psychic games for development are actually looking at a room then closing the eyes and remembering every bit of detail about the room and its contents. ie., count the doors and windows and see the walls and furniture in the room. Most people without trying, imagine that they are in the room. And they act as if they're in the room......if a person is watched while he remembers with eyes closed, his eyelids will probably be seen to flicker and his eyes may seem to move beneath the lids.

Some people are able to call up a memory image of a page in a book and read off, word for word what is written on the page. Others may see where the page is in the book but unable to read the words. Now that's a challenge! :icon_eek:

Your second time meditating although alarming, sounds like you made (or almost made) a connection to the earth's pulsating energy. We don't see this energy in our waking state because it is so subtle. Again many train or practice to do this! Those that have seen it (the earth's energy) say it consists of spirals and little dots and webs of lines, sparks and clouds, an intricate network of energies all blending magically together to create a powerful living circuit. (We spin connectors between ourselves and others too) This is invaluable source of healing energy and power.

Does any of this make sense to you? :smile:

Avicus 05-06-2011 09:44 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. These experiences are mind blowing and very exciting at the same time. I can hardly contain the excitement but I'm not sure what it means or how to maintain this. So far I've managed to experience the spinning feeling twice, but the illuminating vision, not even close instead I see what I can only describe as lines in a pattern shape rotating like gears... yet I can't focus in on the patterns. I'm really not sure what to make of it, it's definitely unlike the illumination experience.

I've heard some stories and watched movies but never believed it until my experience. I'm shocked and I'd definitely like to explore and learn more. But in today's society it seems blocked off and dismissed as myth. Where does one go for some in depth guidance or info. Must I travel the world? lol
I know it requires patience and practice but I guess what I'm looking for is direction. If one can see without opening their eyes how spectacular is that or connect with the earths energy as a source of healing O.O

How is this possible and why is this information not taught openly, through schools and such...

ravenstar I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. It's good to have some sort of insight as opposed to being seen as losing my marbles.
I also have other constant experiences like tingly (pins and needles) sensations or I feel as though my body has a sort of magnetic positive negative force. But I assume it has something to do with breath.
Have you had similar experiences yourself?

ravenstar 06-06-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avicus
I also have other constant experiences like tingly (pins and needles) sensations or I feel as though my body has a sort of magnetic positive negative force. But I assume it has something to do with breath.
Have you had similar experiences yourself?

Hi Avicus,

Yes I have and many people first beginning to meditate have too. That tingly dizzy feeing could be caused from over-breathing. This can create an imbalance between the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in your body. Whenever you feel this way just stop and allow yourself to revert back to your normal breathing.

Deep breathing is slow and deliberate...your belly should rise and fall effortlessly.....when I started, I counted 4 seconds on the inbreath and 4 seconds on the out. Nice and slow. If you do this correctly, your breath rate should drop from about 14 or 15 breaths per minute to 8 to 12. This is because there is more oxygen in your blood and your lungs don't have to work as hard.

:smile:

HealingLight77 06-06-2011 11:20 PM

Hi Avicus! Wow, those experiences sound amazing.

One thing that comes to mind to ask you is, do you ever ask your spiritual guides/angels for protection before your meditation? You can ask them to surround you with a protective white light, or you could say a quick prayer to protect you. I also imagine my inner spirit light spreading outwards.

Definitely couldn't hurt!

Avicus 07-06-2011 12:51 AM

Hey Ravenstar,
Yes, I practice belly breathing and I start from 4 seconds in, and out, to 4 in - hold for 4- and out for 4. I also slow it down even further to 10 seconds and hold and out for a total of 2 breaths per minute on occasion but I usually stick to 4-6 seconds. I think you maybe right about the imbalance. I will adjust my technique though, thanks. Belly breathing is great, it has improved many aspects of my life such as work outs, stress reduction and over all energy.

Avicus 07-06-2011 12:57 AM

Hi HealingLight77,

I say a prayer before I attempt deep meditation. I do ask for protection and guidance. It's strange that you mention imagining inner spirit light spreading outwards. When I had those experience I believe the most prominent emotion I felt before entering meditation was love. I felt such an abundance of it, so much it felt as though it were pouring out of me.

When I experienced the spinning a second time, I was feeling love before meditation as well. I wonder if there is a connection.

Gem 07-06-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avicus
Hello,
My name is Avicus. I've recently stumbled upon deep meditation and practice deep breathing techniques to reduce stress.

I had a very strange experience while practicing deep breathing and I suppose meditation. I've only been doing this for about two weeks. About 50 minutes of meditation one night in a dark room with my eyes closed, my room illuminated with a green glow before my closed eyes. I saw everything in my room and I waved my arms in front of me and I could see everything. I opened my eyes and the illumination disappeared, when I closed my eyes again I could no longer see the lights or my room. I tried to meditate once again in hopes of seeing the same thing again but I was unable to. Shortly after I started to experience a spinning feeling. I lay there still breathing but the spinning got really intense and for some reason I was filled with fear, so much that I had to pull myself out of the meditation.

It's been about week since I last experienced that and I have been trying to repeat it since. Last night I went into a deep relaxation and tried to meditate however, I decide to lie on my side after awhile thinking I might as well just get some rest. Almost immediately after I felt as though the room was spinning, realizing that this was what I was hoping for I remained calm and re-assured myself that there was no danger and that I was just going to let it flow. It felt as though 10 or 15 minutes had gone by and the feeling got really intense. I felt something like webs latching onto me, pulling me towards the ceiling I opened my eyes and I could see that I wasn't moving however the feeling was still there and intensified. I tried to remain calm however fear overwhelmed me and i came out of it, but it was not as easy to come out of as my last experience. My body felt really heavy and it seem to take all my strength to move it.

I am a healthy individual and I take no substances. I do yoga as an exercise and accidentally came across meditation during a session, meaning I experienced calmness of mind, feeling fully aware of my surroundings with no noise in my head at all, no irritating thoughts or feelings.. just aware of breath and body. After experiencing this wonderful feeling I decided to look it up and came across breathing techniques, belly breathing. All this is new to me and it's really changed me, however I don't know what to think of it, am I losing my mind or is there something real about this?
Does anyone have any idea what I've been experiencing?

I have had that green room experience too and in in mine the walls were translucent so I could see into the other rooms.

Sometimes I feel I spin around like backwards sumersaults or I just fall backwards as if in a falling dream... I get a bit of a fright sometimes too.

Sometimes I feel a force pulling me upward as though I'm being raised away from the body... maybe like I'm stretching perhaps.

I think you are having great experiences so keep going with whatever it is you're doing.

Xan 07-06-2011 04:15 AM

Avicus... These are pretty exotic experiences. My word of caution is to not get caught up in expectations about what you experience in your meditation time. Sometimes it seems like nothing much is happening, not in a dramatic way, but these may be times of deepening into the silence of your true nature.

It's good to just be present and accepting with whatever is showing up for you.

Xan

Avicus 07-06-2011 05:36 AM

Hi Gem,
I am so relieved to know that this is not an isolated experience.
It's great to know that this is something very real, thank you for sharing your experience with me Gem.