Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Islam Faith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   JESUS MOST USED NAME REFERENCED IN QUR'AN (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131287)

BigJohn 20-09-2019 03:55 AM

JESUS MOST USED NAME REFERENCED IN QUR'AN

Jesus (Isa) is mentioned 25 times and referenced in the third person 48 times, referenced in the 1st person 35 times and referenced numerous times as titles, etc. making the name Jesus (Isa) the number one name mentioned in the Qur’an.

The Holy Prophet Mohammad is mentioned in The Holy Book only 4 times at Aal Imraan 3: 144, Al-Ahzaab 33: 40, Muhammad 47: 2 and Al-Fatah 48: 29

OPVerma 24-09-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Jesus (Isa) is mentioned 25 times and referenced in the third person 48 times, referenced in the 1st person 35 times and referenced numerous times as titles, etc. making the name Jesus (Isa) the number one name mentioned in the Qur’an.

The Holy Prophet Mohammad is mentioned in The Holy Book only 4 times at Aal Imraan 3: 144, Al-Ahzaab 33: 40, Muhammad 47: 2 and Al-Fatah 48: 29

Right ! If your counting is correct, Jesus seems to be the obvious choice for Muslims.

Jesus has done a great sacrifice for the whole mankind by taking their sins. Where as Holy Prophet Mohammad did nothing and made Muslims as sinners by preaching homicide/ Jehad. It is better for Muslims to abandon Holy Prophet Mohammad and convert to Christianity.

Still_Waters 07-12-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

That is something that I had not known. Interesting.

sky 07-12-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is something that I had not known. Interesting.

And Musa gets the Gold Star , he's mentioned more than any others....

Mūsā ibn ʿImrān (Arabic: ٰمُوسَى ابن عمران‎, romanized: Mūsā) known as Moses in Judaeo-Christian theology, considered a prophet and messenger in Islam, is the most frequently mentioned individual in the Qur'an, his name being mentioned 135 times.

BigJohn 07-12-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123

Do you mean مُوسَى ابن عمران which is transliterated as Mūsā and translated as Moses?

Still_Waters 08-12-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mūsā ibn ʿImrān (Arabic: ٰمُوسَى ابن عمران‎, romanized: Mūsā) known as Moses in Judaeo-Christian theology, considered a prophet and messenger in Islam, is the most frequently mentioned individual in the Qur'an, his name being mentioned 135 times.

So who is referenced more in the Qur'an ---- Isa or Musa ?

I don't know.

sky 08-12-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
So who is referenced more in the Qur'an ---- Isa or Musa ?

I don't know.

Musa, 135 times. But...... Isa is mentioned under various titles, expressions and names 187 times.

django 08-12-2019 09:49 PM

Islam teaches that Jesus was no more than a prophet, and denies the central message of Christianity by denying Jesus' divinity, crucifixion, and resurrection.

BigJohn 09-12-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
Islam teaches that Jesus was no more than a prophet, and denies the central message of Christianity by denying Jesus' divinity, crucifixion, and resurrection.

Islam also claims the Christian God is not there God. The Islam God is also the God of Abram, Moses, etc.

Still_Waters 09-12-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Musa, 135 times. But...... Isa is mentioned under various titles, expressions and names 187 times.

Thank you. It seems that you and BigJohn are in agreement, and I will take that as fact unless I hear anything to the contrary.

Thank you!