Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I will tell you why I am angry at the New Age and Hinduism. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133228)

Honza 29-12-2019 01:20 PM

I will tell you why I am angry at the New Age and Hinduism.

It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

As I said I am much more at peace with the idea now.

sky 29-12-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
It is because they are so sure that they are God. I don't find it that obvious. I really struggle with the principle. I am much more at peace with it now but it caused great heart ache in the past.

There is this great movement going on in society lead by the New Age, Gnostics and Hindus which claim I AM God. I am like; really? Wait a minute are you sure?

Live and let live, others beliefs don't bother me at all as long as they don't hurt others. Anger is a waste of energy unless you use it for the good of yourself and others, for example..... standing up for the injustices in the world.

Being at peace with the idea is good but you should question why outside influences are causing you stress which comes from within not without...

Honza 29-12-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Being at peace with the idea is good but you should question why outside influences are causing you stress which comes from within not without...

The cold weather affects me too. That comes from the outside. I am not trying to isolate myself from the world. I would rather embrace it and accept all its nuances. Yes the outer world affects me a great deal. But it is worth the pain for what it has to teach. No pain, no gain.

sky 29-12-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

The cold weather affects me too. That comes from the outside. I am not trying to isolate myself from the world. I would rather embrace it and accept all its nuances. Yes the outer world affects me a great deal. But it is worth the pain for what it has to teach. No pain, no gain.

Gain without pain :D

BigJohn 29-12-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

I sorta like the people who claim they are God. I am still waiting for one of them to come up with a Ruby or Sapphire (snap of the finger) to give me.

Honza 29-12-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I sorta like the people who claim they are God. I am still waiting for one of them to come up with a Ruby or Sapphire (snap of the finger) to give me.

Yes quite. That is where the whole premise falls apart. Yet there are beings like Sai Baba who apparently could create gemstones with the snap of his fingers.

Honza 29-12-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Gain without pain :D

Goes down easy....

TannersHatch 29-12-2019 05:13 PM

I said this in another post but seems relevant...I reckon, for what its worth, we are part of god but not god. But god is more than the sum of our own experience. Therefore we are children of god as god is far more than the sum of our parts (destinguishing everything we know from the sum of the whole).

So not so hard to confuse then? Seems were all talking about the same ol jazz again to me...
Edit/Delete Message

BigJohn 29-12-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Yes quite. That is where the whole premise falls apart. Yet there are beings like Sai Baba who apparently could create gemstones with the snap of his fingers.

And how many of those gemstones did he give away to perfect strangers?

People always wondered if his 'acts' were real or just sleigh of the hands. As for me, I do not know how much vibhuti people gave me that they got from him. Never did get any gemstones from him.

Honza 29-12-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
And how many of those gemstones did he give away to perfect strangers?

People always wondered if his 'acts' were real or just sleigh of the hands. As for me, I do not know how much vibhuti people gave me that they got from him. Never did get any gemstones from him.

LOL I had sachets of vibhuti too. My mum even stuffed one into my pillowcase to protect me.

I have seen one of the gemstone rings which Baba created. My mum is friends with an Indian family who live in the ashram - they were close to Baba and he gave them all manner of creations. It was a gold ring with nine separate gemstones.