Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can we enjoy simple pleasures in spirit? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116627)

Burntfruit 01-09-2017 06:02 PM

Can we enjoy simple pleasures in spirit?

Things like walking in the countryside?

Drinking cold water?

Maybe swimming?

The feeling of being refreshed and peaceful?

lauterb 01-09-2017 06:25 PM

Dear Burnfruit

For you, simple pleasures as you describe are not pleasures for spirits.

First they dont have a body, they have a spiritual body that is different from our body. Pleasures for spirits are to help others, of course we are talking here about good spirits. Ignorant and simple spirits dont have same understanding of having pleasure in doing good!

You will find more information on questions 245 till 256 from The Spirit´s Book from Allan Kardec, you can freely download from the internet in pdf files.

Good study!

H:O:R:A:C:E 01-09-2017 06:33 PM

i believe so.
people who've recorded NDEs have sometimes related the idea of there
being things much as they are in 3D reality, but with 'extra vibrance' in
them, such as colors not typically known. whatever might bring pleasure
ought to be made available for/by those who would enjoy experiencing
them.
:smile:

Psychictiff 04-10-2017 09:49 PM

Having a brief glimpse of the other side when I had my stroke, its whatever you need.

Native spirit 05-10-2017 03:55 AM

For a time you will be able to enjoy what you want but it fades very soon

Namaste

neil 05-10-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
For a time you will be able to enjoy what you want but it fades very soon

Namaste

Really. ..though...what exactly would be fading very soon ?

shivatar 21-10-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Things like walking in the countryside?

Drinking cold water?

Maybe swimming?

The feeling of being refreshed and peaceful?

Oh yes.

There are pros and cons to being in spirit as well as in the human body.

When we move on we can easily recognize the strengths that our body has. It creates so much of our experience on it's own, it's amazing to be honest. So many people overlook the body because they think of all the problems caused by the body operating on it's own. I think this comes from ignorance, they don't know how their body works so they feel a slave to it and consequently are very vocal about how much of a hindrance the body is.

I think something that is great about spirit is the potential it has.
I think something great about physical reality is the bliss and ease it has.

Spirit is more difficult, yes, but the rewards match the difficulty.
Physical reality is easier, yes, but the rewards match the difficulty.

Colorado 22-10-2017 12:22 AM

A spirit body, is an energetic body. You don’t really need those things, however...you could have them if you wanted them. I think the pleasures of the spirit vs physical body are different.

Yes, I have heard that people who have passed on can keep their addictions, or physical pleasures in the afterlife.

But, from what I have seen personally, is the upmost spiritual self is happy, loved, and the spiritual gifts that we have are recognized, such as self awareness, self esteem, self love, creativity, understanding of everything, energy, light, love for others and the recognition of their spiritual selves as well.

I believe we are like light, a form of energy when we die, atleast that is what I saw in my NDE, and read about what others saw in their own NDEs as well.

So, could you do those things....absolutely. But, would you still want to do those things in a completely differently reality, not in a physical world made of matter, and not needing those things without a physical body of matter? Who knows...but you when you get back there.

shivatar 22-10-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado
A spirit body, is an energetic body. You don’t really need those things, however...you could have them if you wanted them. I think the pleasures of the spirit vs physical body are different.

Yes, I have heard that people who have passed on can keep their addictions, or physical pleasures in the afterlife.

But, from what I have seen personally, is the upmost spiritual self is happy, loved, and the spiritual gifts that we have are recognized, such as self awareness, self esteem, self love, creativity, understanding of everything, energy, light, love for others and the recognition of their spiritual selves as well.

I believe we are like light, a form of energy when we die, atleast that is what I saw in my NDE, and read about what others saw in their own NDEs as well.

So, could you do those things....absolutely. But, would you still want to do those things in a completely differently reality, not in a physical world made of matter, and not needing those things without a physical body of matter? Who knows...but you when you get back there.

I feel the same way.

When we have the ability to create any reality that we want who knows what we will create for our self. Some people want to experience earthly things once again, some want to experience the higher things.

I think to be pure energy and to experience pure aspects of reality like love or self-awareness is pretty awesome. I think to experience any aspect of reality is pretty awesome, the elements are amazing and so is nature. Some people would rather re-live their favorite TV show as their TV show, or their favorite relationship as their earthly self. Who am I to judge is what I say, compassion for everybody is the only safe play.

And what does it mean to live anyways? If we say that to be alive is to be conscious then we are alive even when we are dead.

Physical reality can only be experienced through the body, so if we say to be alive means to be living in physical reality then we can see that we are eternal beings as long as we believe we are conscious even in death. For someone who truly understands the power of consciousness this isn't much of a leap of faith.

Colorado 22-10-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
I feel the same way.

When we have the ability to create any reality that we want who knows what we will create for our self. Some people want to experience earthly things once again, some want to experience the higher things.

I think to be pure energy and to experience pure aspects of reality like love or self-awareness is pretty awesome. I think to experience any aspect of reality is pretty awesome, the elements are amazing and so is nature. Some people would rather re-live their favorite TV show as their TV show, or their favorite relationship as their earthly self. Who am I to judge is what I say, compassion for everybody is the only safe play.

And what does it mean to live anyways? If we say that to be alive is to be conscious then we are alive even when we are dead.

Physical reality can only be experienced through the body, so if we say to be alive means to be living in physical reality then we can see that we are eternal beings as long as we believe we are conscious even in death. For someone who truly understands the power of consciousness this isn't much of a leap of faith.

Great post...I whole heartedly agree.