Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Obsessing about Death (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129091)

Taking a Break 22-04-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dather12
Did you know that the process of passing out every night and then coming to in a dream, is exactly like the process of dying and waking up on the Other Side?

Very well said.

Wally 22-04-2019 10:43 AM

I pride myself on my sense of humour but this one has gone over my head

linen53 22-04-2019 09:17 PM

I have read a multitude of books on death, dying and the afterlife. It's like if I was going to visit Guatemala I would load up on brochures and books on Guatemala so I would know what to expect.

That said I have read countless times that the dying process might be painful (pain, disease, illness, etc) but the actual act of dying is painless (unlike being born). Often times the soul leaves the body before the actual moment of death.

I have no fear of dying anymore. I've made it this far I can make it the next few years until this body completely wears out. I have my eyes on my home on the other side. What's a little bump in the road as I transition from this side to the other.:D

JohnHermes 22-04-2019 09:28 PM

That's the death of an ordinary person who didn't do any type of spiritual work in their lives. Completely focused on the mundane. Yes it's morbid for that person. What's even scarier is that they say the "eagle" devours all life which give life. Life isn't easy and I believe it takes work to be rewarded in getting into the "heavens". Continue reading the article, there's of course salvation offered to everyone as well. Those are people in touch with their astral body and can freely move into the higher realms.

little.nation 25-04-2019 04:41 AM

I basically dwell in death and consider myself to be the unburied dead. I also consider myself to be immortal because I've survived death so many times.

I don't fear dying. I dwell in death every day. I know my time is nowhere soon, unless by murder, but I'm highly likely to survive it anyway. I crave the RELIEF that actual real death will be so when it finally happens, I'm definitely going to be okay with it. Let's go, hurry it up...

But your concern is the suffering you expect. Why do you expect suffering? Do you suffer now?

When the time has arrived, and you know that it has, and you're not left wondering if you'll survive, and you know you're passing, just focus on the LIBERATION & RELIEF.

Life's much bigger than you, and me, and each of us. You'll be aware of it as it's happening. Life's bigger than you. Life knows what it's doing. Don't burden yourself with struggles but instead try that whole surrender thing. Surrender and trust that life is bigger than you, knows you're passing, and is the manager of the whole process.

If monks can self-immolate without movement and without screaming, you also can use the power of your mind to ignore your body. So, if you focus on trusting a higher power completely and eagerly look forward to liberation and relief, you should experience a nice ride.

Or, I'm just talking as some fish in a fishbowl who hangs out with a plastic castle.

Wally 25-04-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little.nation
I basically dwell in death and consider myself to be the unburied dead. I also consider myself to be immortal because I've survived death so many times.

I don't fear dying. I dwell in death every day. I know my time is nowhere soon, unless by murder, but I'm highly likely to survive it anyway. I crave the RELIEF that actual real death will be so when it finally happens, I'm definitely going to be okay with it. Let's go, hurry it up...

But your concern is the suffering you expect. Why do you expect suffering? Do you suffer now?

When the time has arrived, and you know that it has, and you're not left wondering if you'll survive, and you know you're passing, just focus on the LIBERATION & RELIEF.

Life's much bigger than you, and me, and each of us. You'll be aware of it as it's happening. Life's bigger than you. Life knows what it's doing. Don't burden yourself with struggles but instead try that whole surrender thing. Surrender and trust that life is bigger than you, knows you're passing, and is the manager of the whole process.

If monks can self-immolate without movement and without screaming, you also can use the power of your mind to ignore your body. So, if you focus on trusting a higher power completely and eagerly look forward to liberation and relief, you should experience a nice ride.

Or, I'm just talking as some fish in a fishbowl who hangs out with a plastic castle.

i expect some suffering before i die. which might include a slow agonising death as punishment for having it easy so far.

little.nation 25-04-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally
i expect some suffering before i die. which might include a slow agonising death as punishment for having it easy so far.

Sounds maybe like you want it. Did you plan your life, codesign the blueprint of your life to give yourself an easy life but a hard death? That's a weird choice.

Wally 25-04-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Sounds maybe like you want it. Did you plan your life, codesign the blueprint of your life to give yourself an easy life but a hard death? That's a weird choice.

your answers are always fresh and unprefictable.
i ferl some guilt for past sins. maybe subvonsciously i want to suffer. having said that im a real hypochondriac when it comes to pain.

little.nation 25-04-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally
your answers are always fresh and unprefictable.
i ferl some guilt for past sins. maybe subvonsciously i want to suffer. having said that im a real hypochondriac when it comes to pain.

So you're a masochist. In that case, go for the things that hurt the worst. Then you'll be very very happy.

It's just a matter of knowing what hurts real bad. Like, being loved and forgiven. Hahaha

Wally 25-04-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

So you're a masochist. In that case, go for the things that hurt the worst. Then you'll be very very happy.

It's just a matter of knowing what hurts real bad. Like, being loved and forgiven. Hahaha

masochism to a point. but im too much of a wimp to be a full time madochistģ