Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   This whole affirmation business ...! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112921)

MicroMacro 24-04-2017 12:57 AM

This whole affirmation business ...!

Well, I started one - in the spirit of giving it a shot.

I have a purpose. I survived addiction. I will use my knowledge and the tools available to help people into recovery. I will have fun, travel, form relationships, learn, and explore along the way.

Bring it. :hug3:

SaturninePluto 24-04-2017 02:13 AM

That sounds like a very well put affirmation.

Best of luck to you. :smile:

John32241 27-04-2017 03:29 PM

Hi,

I like it.

John

Clover 28-04-2017 07:38 PM

Fantastic, I wish you abundance and happiness in your journey!

txsha 07-11-2017 10:49 PM

I really like it as well, MicroMacro :)

MicroMacro 08-11-2017 06:19 AM

:)
Thanks everyone!

Lorelyen 08-11-2017 08:39 AM

You don't need the bit about "I survived addiction". That's past, done and dusted. If you're concerned it may return you need something like "I will be addiction free..."

Best to make them simple, a single aim for each one then decide to repeat each at different times. A lot less to repeat in one go and more effective. Eventually you can encapsulate them into a brief thought as you go about your day.

LOL - it's become a bit of a business these days with people writing entire books but the principles are simple, could probably be got on one page.

Badcopyinc 08-11-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You don't need the bit about "I survived addiction". That's past, done and dusted. If you're concerned it may return you need something like "I will be addiction free..."

Best to make them simple, a single aim for each one then decide to repeat each at different times. A lot less to repeat in one go and more effective. Eventually you can encapsulate them into a brief thought as you go about your day.

LOL - it's become a bit of a business these days with people writing entire books but the principles are simple, could probably be got on one page.

I was thinking the same I personally stray away from words that bring focus to the issue not the solution.

I have had this same proclamation and just worded different.

I only consume things that raise my vibration.

MicroMacro 08-11-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Thanks to you and Badcopyinc, but I'm happy with it the way it is. Surviving an addiction isn't insignificant. The word survival isn't a past-oriented word. It's no different than the words achievement or accomplishment and I encourage those words to remind us of triumph. (They feel good)

:)

Lorelyen 09-11-2017 12:31 PM

Fine but from your opening post "survived" is past tense.