Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nirvana (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31666)

Greg 05-03-2012 12:55 AM

Nirvana

Do most people here believe in Nirvana, or whatever else you want to call it? I.e that once we've come to a place of complete realisation, awakening, that we are then no longer re-born on this earth?

Shabby 05-03-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg
Do most people here believe in Nirvana, or whatever else you want to call it? I.e that once we've come to a place of complete realisation, awakening, that we are then no longer re-born on this earth?

I don't know about reincarnation...I used to believe in it but then I didn't and now I don't know....nor really care.

In the realization of oneness reincarnation serves absolutely no purpose and I feel we have enough on our hands dealing with the life we have at hand....why add past or future lives?

Gracey 05-03-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg

i dont know for sure but i would like to think so.

as i read this, i was remembering a restaurant in a city i use to live in, it was called nirvana. lightning struck it 3 times over the years and each time it burnt to the ground. it was built once again and up and running.

Xan 05-03-2012 04:15 AM

There are folks who reached self-realization before and came back as part of the staff in this crazy world in need of much healing.

Xan

psychoslice 05-03-2012 04:21 AM

Well Nirvana is just a word, the word points to what IS, and what is is just what IS. Many call this what IS, all sorts of names, depending on what religion and belief system, Nirvana isn't a geographical place in time, its pure Consciousness, its all that there IS, its our pure Essence, and even these are just words that point to what IS.

Greg 05-03-2012 09:34 PM

Thanks for your opinions.

Juanita 05-03-2012 09:50 PM

well, not everyone agrees on this..... I personally think that it is a long process of many lives and experiences---that there are many levels on the Otherside....... time on the otherside is the past, present and future all happening at the same time, but our time is linier ...... but it is all part of the Oneness regardless. and as we create our own reality, it could be either or all of the above......

walkingbacktogeorgia 08-03-2012 01:29 AM

Nirvana is a goal among Buddhists. Nirvana is reaching the goal of not being reincarnated again. This is obtained through growth in every incarnation, and when the spirit reaches self-realization there is no need to reincarnate. I read "karma & reincarnation" by Ruth White. It answered a great deal of my questions. You can find it at a used book store online for an inexpensive price.

xebiche 12-03-2012 01:54 AM

No,

Nirvana does not equal ascenscion from human life-cycling.

Nirvana will show you Pure Love.

For an instant you will know nothing but the wisdom of consciousness.

After Nirvana, you understand the struggles on Earth.

After Nirvana, you gain wisdom and acceptance for our human system.

After Nirvana, you will be the one who anticipates the joy of your next lifetime; just as you anticipate the joy of your next sunrise.

After Nirvana you will be honored to come back to Earth, to work again as a Human on this beautiful planet.

There is where we come to live and love.

This is home.

Dragonfly1 12-03-2012 06:07 AM

xebiche
That sounds lovey, if only..........sigh.......