Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   starting over? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118018)

vgemini 29-10-2017 08:31 PM

starting over?

I'm on the verge of not resististing anymore possibly because i have no other choice. what was your start over like?

i crave a blank slate of my life of myself but the fear of letting go to have everything kills me
what was your experience like?

Lorelyen 29-10-2017 10:07 PM

Not quite sure what you mean, like, what your present situation is. Do you want to start over because what you've done so far has led to disappointment? Because your current path isn't leading to what you'd like?

As for letting go to have everything, you'll never be able to do that because you still have to survive. What do you want to let go of? A relationship? Emotions? Materialism? Parental baggage?

I'm asking because though I've never made a "clean-slate" re-start, I have changed direction; changed what I hoped to get from spiritual work, which wasn't too difficult because I found something amiss about what I'd been doing; things that on examination had to change. But it was easier if I'd seen a new light which seemed to offer a more fulfilling route. It would be very difficult if I wanted to abandon everything spiritual because I can't unexperience everything.

In a way that's starting over. I had to look back on previous experiences as "putting it down to experience" and admit I'd wasted time if not emotions. But it still comes back to asking why I wanted / needed to.

naturesflow 29-10-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgemini
I'm on the verge of not resististing anymore possibly because i have no other choice. what was your start over like?

i crave a blank slate of my life of myself but the fear of letting go to have everything kills me
what was your experience like?

To end the old world in yourself and rebirth in everyway, it takes courage, dedication and conscious practice to stay focused on your process. If your open and not resisting what is within you, your process will unfold as it will. Its scary to enter into the void of nothingness, but from this side of myself now, its the greatest gift of life in me that I could not have imagined on the other side in fear and resistance. Fear will create struggle, openness and acceptance of what is, allows for a more ease of letting go. And an ease of clarity to come to know what you need and where you need to be. Just being open and trusting yourself that you know for you. Death is the end point of this surrender. It scares many to surrender that deep, but ultimately when your not afraid of death, you can open fully to life and live the life your seeking more from your true self. Not from the conditioned patterns of fear and resistance.

boshy b. good 06-11-2017 04:06 PM

Home - clean or and rearrange. Clean or and rearrange this or and clean or and
rearrange that.