Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   when someone calls you crazy for remembering trauma (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114199)

lealightyears 10-06-2017 04:47 AM

when someone calls you crazy for remembering trauma

When I was slowly remembering what happened to me

sky 10-06-2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lealightyears
When I was slowly remembering what happened to me

Best to ignore people who use hurtful words when you are suffering. Speak to someone who will help you, not insult you, there is help out there, ask for it if you need it :smile:

Paige Ignited 11-06-2017 12:53 AM

I agree with sky123.

People that call another crazy in an insulting way - suffer with tunnel-vision and have little understanding of such things and aren't worth worrying your thoughts over.

lealightyears 12-06-2017 06:49 AM

thanks

it's just especially hard when the people are responsible for the trauma and haven't seen/ spoken to them in years until you remember.. and then they become a threat even from a distance because it's like opening a can of worms of truth

Baile 12-06-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

and then they become a threat even from a distance

People can do nothing to you. Rather, you are the one who chooses to see them as a threat. You choose to empower them. That especially holds true for someone who isn't even in your immediate space and surroundings.

The key to detaching from past trauma is to take personal responsibility for dealing with it, rather than deflecting and projecting it onto something or someone else. That's really what blame is; it's a deflection/projection response, the way we avoid dealing with our stuff. "They did this to me" is a sure sign of wanting to make someone else responsible, instead of taking responsibility. That said, it's difficult to see and understand this while one is mired in the immediate pain. It takes a distancing from the pain in order to see all that. And that's where counseling can help. A counselor can help you get that distance-perspective.

Paige Ignited 12-06-2017 12:17 PM

Sometimes, the sooner a can of worms is opened, the sooner truths can come out, so sooner the healing and/or closure can begin, for yourself and for others.

Native spirit 12-06-2017 03:04 PM

If you suffered trauma by the hands of another,whilst you don't remember they don't have to feel guilty,but when you remember and it comes back to you. you become a threat to their own interpretation of events.
ignore them be the bigger person and move on.

Namaste

lealightyears 12-06-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
People can do nothing to you. Rather, you are the one who chooses to see them as a threat. You choose to empower them. That especially holds true for someone who isn't even in your immediate space and surroundings.

The key to detaching from past trauma is to take personal responsibility for dealing with it, rather than deflecting and projecting it onto something or someone else. That's really what blame is; it's a deflection/projection response, the way we avoid dealing with our stuff. "They did this to me" is a sure sign of wanting to make someone else responsible, instead of taking responsibility.

Thank you. I spent time crying and thinking about this today after I read it because it is true. No matter how awful, unacceptable, impossible I have to accept my responsibility and cease using it as a scapegoat to avoid acknowledging my own power out of fear. And then quick thoughts happen that I will have to learn how to tamper such as 'but why?' And I'm thinking it's my lesson to learn about navigating contradictions.. trust/avoid, courage/fear, above all strength and weakness. and what they really mean.

lealightyears 13-06-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
be the bigger person and move on.

Word. "There is a place in the soul that has never been wounded."

Baile 13-06-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Thank you. I spent time crying and thinking about this today after I read it because it is true. No matter how awful, unacceptable, impossible I have to accept my responsibility and cease using it as a scapegoat to avoid acknowledging my own power out of fear. And then quick thoughts happen that I will have to learn how to tamper such as 'but why?' And I'm thinking it's my lesson to learn about navigating contradictions.. trust/avoid, courage/fear, above all strength and weakness. and what they really mean.

lealightyears, that it an awesome response. Your clarity and courage here shows you are well on the way to healing already. All the best.