Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wicca (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What are your thoughts on Titania Hardie? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30315)

Solitary Faery 10-02-2012 08:15 AM

What are your thoughts on Titania Hardie?

Hi everyone!

What do you all think about Titania Hardie? That is, Silver Ravenwolf is to America as Fiona Horne is to Australia as Titania Hardie is to Britain and the USA. She's not as hokey though by far. I bought one of her love spell books and to my surprise, there was not a single thing in it that called for visualizing a certain person, taking body bits, etc. They were all just attraction spells. So as far as I know at the moment, I think she may be a reputable and upstanding representative of a Pagan witch, however I don't know. I also like that her spells could be applicable to any religious system, they're designed for everyone, not only Wiccan and Pagan individuals. What does everyone else think about her? Her crystal gazing book has really helped teach me to scry with a crystal ball, and her love books have presented me with quite a few spells that are just for attraction - not to control or target anyone. If anyone knows anything differently about her though, let me know!

Here are some pictures if they jog anyone's memory...

Her available for purchase tools (crystal gazing pictured here but she also has daily spell cards, fortune oracle cards and her self-created star tarot):

Her spells books (there's are probably nearly 100 other ones - these are the ones I own though):

Her love spells books (and again, probably nearly 100 other ones published out htere - these are the ones I own though):

norseman 10-02-2012 08:41 AM

One over-riding thought. Never buy books from an author with a silly made-up name. :D

Solitary Faery 10-02-2012 10:03 AM

As far as I can find, that is her actual birthname...

Solitary Faery 10-02-2012 10:05 AM

Here's an interesting piece of evidence...

"Born and educated in Sydney, Australia, Titania Hardie is the highly successful author of a range of distinctive non-fiction books and the children's series THE FRANGIPANI FAIRIES. Best known for her television appearances on This Morning with Richard & Judy and The Paul O'Grady Show, Titania is a serious student of esoterica. She has first class honours degrees in psychology and English, and was awarded the Chatterton bursary for post-graduate study at Bristol University, where she is currently completing her MA on the Romantic Poets. Titania lives in Somerset with her husband and two daughters."

Quintessence 10-02-2012 09:31 PM

I'm not familiar with this particular author, but I tell everyone to read everything. There's no telling what will act as a spiritual inspiration for you or help you develop on your path. You learn as much from the authors/books that make you go "gee, this really resonates with me" as the ones that give you a "what the $#@% is this author thinking?" In both cases, this assumes you go beyond your superficial reaction to the material and ask yourself "why do I think this and what does it tell me about my path?"

norseman 11-02-2012 09:28 AM

Just look at the merchandise above and draw your own conclusions.

Animus27 11-02-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Just look at the merchandise above and draw your own conclusions.

My thoughts as well. :wink:

Quintessence 11-02-2012 10:54 PM

What's the saying? Don't judge a book by its cover? Just because something is marketed in a sleazy way doesn't mean the content is worthless. IIRC, authors don't always have control over those aspects of publication.