Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Only One - not two (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110612)

jimrich 09-02-2017 06:26 PM

Only One - not two

There is only one – not two. There is only one you – not two = an ego and a you. There is not two - a real you plus a false you. There is only one you, even if most of you live as two (or more) you’s - the ego and you. You are just you – not an ego plus something else. You were encouraged to split your self into two (or more) me’s in early childhood and have unwittingly lived as two (or more) me’s for many years.

Non-duality means that there are not two – not two: selves, me’s, I’s, within you. You may have unwittingly lived most of your life as two people – a real me and a false ‘me’ or ego. This split or division within your self may have seemed normal or acceptable UNTIL the unhappy tension of being divided against your self has finally overwhelmed you and brought you here to find some peace so look around and you may find a way to become one me again – no longer two (or more).
Good luck

mihael_11 09-02-2017 06:53 PM

What if there are three?

What is then the path you are taking? Will you, 1,2 or 3 deny it?

mihael_11 09-02-2017 06:54 PM

And than there is question of meaning of everything?

sky 09-02-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimrich
There is only one – not two. There is only one you – not two = an ego and a you. There is not two - a real you plus a false you. There is only one you, even if most of you live as two (or more) you’s - the ego and you. You are just you – not an ego plus something else. You were encouraged to split your self into two (or more) me’s in early childhood and have unwittingly lived as two (or more) me’s for many years.

Non-duality means that there are not two – not two: selves, me’s, I’s, within you. You may have unwittingly lived most of your life as two people – a real me and a false ‘me’ or ego. This split or division within your self may have seemed normal or acceptable UNTIL the unhappy tension of being divided against your self has finally overwhelmed you and brought you here to find some peace so look around and you may find a way to become one me again – no longer two (or more).
Good luck

What is the real you Jim ?

jimrich 10-02-2017 04:09 AM

Belief

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
What is the real you Jim ?

It's whatever you believe it is. :smile:

Ground 10-02-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

Only One - not two
Non-duality means that there are not two

This shows that the view of nonduality is based on the premise of duality and that therefore the view of nonduality is an imperfect and inferior view.

sky 10-02-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

It's whatever you believe it is. :smile:

:D Jim, isn't that the ego ??
If your post is about ego/real self then you must have an explaination for what you think is the real self :confused:

jimrich 10-02-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
:D Jim, isn't that the ego ??
If your post is about ego/real self then you must have an explaination for what you think is the real self :confused:

"You are just you – not an ego plus something else." ~ jim :smile:

sky 10-02-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

"You are just you – not an ego plus something else." ~ jim :smile:

Yes thanks Jim, I understand this, but what is this ' you ' thats what I am asking, what/who is this ' you/self ' ? that you posted about ?

God-Like 10-02-2017 09:12 AM

There is not even one .

'One' is a mind evaluation made by me and you ..

Beyond me and you is not 'One' .

Non duality is a concept that is dual in nature .

x daz x