Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   To who/m or what does ... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124557)

Shivani Devi 17-08-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like
What I find interesting is that one can find words to say there is no doer or there is a state of non duality attained with the desire for sex and yet one can't find the words to explain how or why?

Take care of your shoulder and perhaps we will speak again at a later date ..

x dazzle x

Let's say for example that I made that claim...but the only way I could explain it, was to quote some things from Patanjali's Yoga aphorisms which have no direct or near English translations for those words. Now, I can read and understand Sanskrit, so I will get it...and so will anybody else who is a Sanskrit scholar...but for a person who speaks English, even a translation won't be able to suffice. It will not be understood, because many of the words have no equivalent in the English language... nothing even comes close...So this is the problem I face.

Oh yes...and by the way, I apologise for totally ruining whatever respect you had for me and giving you some mental images that you did NOT want, when I mentioned my needs as a hot - blooded woman whilst intoxicated...so the whiskey was speaking and NOT me. :P

However, it is apparent I offended your sense of "spiritual decency" because you have not let it go since..and I also call a spade a spade...many people cannot understand brutal honesty either because it suits them NOT to...and this is also where SELECTIVE COGNITION comes into play in full force...being that some people can only understand what it is they already believe to be true and nothing else.

sky 17-08-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Hi Mr Muffin ..

In my experience / understanding when the spirit leaves the body (not physical death) the body maintains itself in the same way a ship continues to function without it's captain at the helm .

There however requires the captain to navigate / change direction and to perform specific tasks .

Our physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes when the spirit has left the body .

The cells in our body don't know the difference between washing and drying lol .

What is apparent however is that there are many levels within being self aware .

I would say as an example it is possible to have your attention elsewhere while washing the dishes continues .

One might for a moment not remember one was washing the dishes ..

My reason for bringing this aspect to the fore was in relation to another's question ..

There is always a doer while of the mind doing .. otherwise nuffin would get done .

x dazzle x

' Our physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes when the spirit has left the body '

My other half's physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes even though the spirit is present :biggrin:

7luminaries 17-08-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Sure join in all you like ..

This is why I explain myself . The intellectual mind is one aspect, the emotional, another, the universal mind another etc ..

It's all mind .

Mind is not just the environment for one to have an intellectual thought .

Mind is also the environment for self to entertain no thoughts .

One doesn't transcend mind just because one is not thinking or because one is expressing through the heart . lol .

Where there is self awareness there is mind .

Beyond self awareness is beyond mind .

One requires the comparison to know one's mindful self .

x daz x

Hey there Dazza. So are you saying that there is nothing beyond What Is as Mind, i.e., there is nothing beyond Mind (as What Is)?

Put another way, are you saying there is nothing beyond consciousness, in one form or another -- many of which we are as yet somewhat or even wholly unaware?

I think that is true and I also agree that whilst we may apprehend (know as in the mystical sense of know) this is true in states which are not always fully available to our conscious awareness, it is from a place of conscious awareness that we consciously accept or realise this truth (or accept or realise anything).

That is, there is that act of conscious reflection and conscious choice that occurs at some point. Also known as the art of surfacing.

And it is here where we are able to craft the contours of the soul, slowly, one apprehension and one choice at a time.

Will get to the rest in a bit :smile:

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

God-Like 17-08-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Let's say for example that I made that claim...but the only way I could explain it, was to quote some things from Patanjali's Yoga aphorisms which have no direct or near English translations for those words. Now, I can read and understand Sanskrit, so I will get it...and so will anybody else who is a Sanskrit scholar...but for a person who speaks English, even a translation won't be able to suffice. It will not be understood, because many of the words have no equivalent in the English language... nothing even comes close...So this is the problem I face.

Oh yes...and by the way, I apologise for totally ruining whatever respect you had for me and giving you some mental images that you did NOT want, when I mentioned my needs as a hot - blooded woman whilst intoxicated...so the whiskey was speaking and NOT me. :P

However, it is apparent I offended your sense of "spiritual decency" because you have not let it go since..and I also call a spade a spade...many people cannot understand brutal honesty either because it suits them NOT to...and this is also where SELECTIVE COGNITION comes into play in full force...being that some people can only understand what it is they already believe to be true and nothing else.

You are quite welcome to quote scriptures to bolster up what you mean thats no problem, I myself at times use a few quotes here and there to illustrate what I mean .

I would however and have done so question even the so called masters based upon my realisations .. I have already stated and pointed out in the past my thoughts on so called gurus who talk about ego and have a fleet of rolls royces in their possession .

So be aware that certain scriptures are just words passed down through the ages and it doesn’t mean that those that roll the same words off the tongue are a reflection of them .

No need to apologise for your actions / words / expressions, you are your own woman .. I am solely basing your chosen words to counter if need be .

Do as you please with your life, I am more interested in understanding what you mean regarding the doer of things ..

In regards to brutal honesty as you put it I am all for that and at times I don’t pussy foot around with peeps who say that they are not here and have no ego while putting barriers up lol .

x daz x

God-Like 17-08-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
My other half's physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes even though the spirit is present :biggrin:

Hehe .. :smile:

x daz x

God-Like 17-08-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Dazza. So are you saying that there is nothing beyond What Is as Mind, i.e., there is nothing beyond Mind (as What Is)?

Put another way, are you saying there is nothing beyond consciousness, in one form or another -- many of which we are as yet somewhat or even wholly unaware?

I think that is true and I also agree that whilst we may apprehend (know as in the mystical sense of know) this is true in states which are not always fully available to our conscious awareness, it is from a place of conscious awareness that we consciously accept or realise this truth (or accept or realise anything).

That is, there is that act of conscious reflection and conscious choice that occurs at some point. Also known as the art of surfacing.

And it is here where we are able to craft the contours of the soul, slowly, one apprehension and one choice at a time.

Will get to the rest in a bit :smile:

7L

What is, is beyond mind in regards to what you are that IS .

There is no-one to know / understand / acknowledge what that IS until there is the awareness of self of the mind again ..

Beyond consciousness is what you are . Some would say that consciousness is beyond mind but I disagree (I have only heard bernadette roberts say the same)

It’s probably partially why she came calling .

x daz x

muffin 18-08-2018 05:57 AM

Quote:

Hi Mr Muffin ..

In my experience / understanding when the spirit leaves the body (not physical death) the body maintains itself in the same way a ship continues to function without it's captain at the helm .

There however requires the captain to navigate / change direction and to perform specific tasks .

Our physical body doesn't know how to wash dishes when the spirit has left the body .

The cells in our body don't know the difference between washing and drying lol .

What is apparent however is that there are many levels within being self aware .

I would say as an example it is possible to have your attention elsewhere while washing the dishes continues .

One might for a moment not remember one was washing the dishes ..

My reason for bringing this aspect to the fore was in relation to another's question ..

There is always a doer while of the mind doing .. otherwise nuffin would get done .

x dazzle x

Good afternoon Daz :smile:

Don't no about the dishes, but the walking I've experienced.

It just happen one day at work, out of the blue.

I was walking along and step to the side of my body, amazing what peers miss if they would only give themselves the time of day.

At that point didn't have a care in the world, just taking everything in.

Yet when I turn around in the way I was going my body was merry walking along it's way, some 30 metres away.

Soon as I spotted it I was back there, it was not a soft landing :biggrin:

Don't know if this helps in anyway, you could look at it as a headless chicken.

God-Like 18-08-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Daz :smile:

Don't no about the dishes, but the walking I've experienced.

It just happen one day at work, out of the blue.

I was walking along and step to the side of my body, amazing what peers miss if they would only give themselves the time of day.

At that point didn't have a care in the world, just taking everything in.

Yet when I turn around in the way I was going my body was merry walking along it's way, some 30 metres away.

Soon as I spotted it I was back there, it was not a soft landing :biggrin:

Don't know if this helps in anyway, you could look at it as a headless chicken.

Sounds like a cool experience Mr Muffin thanks for sharing .

Perhaps and only perhaps you programmed your body to continue walking like a robot in disguise .. lol ..

Because your immediate awareness was not of the body aspect we will never know if your body could of started running or moving out of the way of an oncoming dog walker .

All of my obe's have been either when I have been sitting or laying down so I was motionless, I had no awareness of my body .

I have touched upon the need for knowing all the facts at hand regarding self’s ability to multitask and your experience could be one example of this where all the facts were not at hand at the time .

One possible aspect is that we can simply forget having an awareness of both points of perception at the same time, but that doesn’t sit too well with me .

One experience I remember was laying down once to have a vision of myself as a teenager dancing, I was actually there looking at myself dance lol ..

Now some peeps have experienced going back in so called time because it’s indeed possible based upon all moments are happening at the same time lol ..

I don’t totally understand the mechanics of this entirely because of the multiple points / aspects had relating to experience but this does encompass the higher self aspect where there are multiple facets of the same self experiencing life in different guises at the same time . My experience differs somewhat because it is the same life experience being aware of the same aspect at different timelines ..

So interesting isn’t it .

At the end of the day and keeping in line with the thread there is a doer / observer / thinker and they are all YOU, it’s just understanding / realizing what YOU are .. It doesn't matter if your aware of yourself of the body or not .. There is still observation, thought, doer ..

x daz x

7luminaries 18-08-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

What is, is beyond mind in regards to what you are that IS .

There is no-one to know / understand / acknowledge what that IS until there is the awareness of self of the mind again ..

Hey there Daz and yes I agree, where our experience of 'mind'=our individuated consciousness, inclusive of the heart centre -- which leads for many of us, both by choice and by naturally arising, integrated inclination. These are one and the same, but it's important IMO to always acknowledge our conscious choice to lead with the heart centre and apply intellect and reason and equanimity from there.

Any experience in which we are one with One is something that is really only understood by the heart centre more deeply, and must be then apprehended by our conscious "waking" awareness, if & when we are able to do so.

Quote:

Beyond consciousness is what you are . Some would say that consciousness is beyond mind but I disagree (I have only heard bernadette roberts say the same)

It’s probably partially why she came calling .

x daz x
I agree it is what we are. We are not always and not all aware of all that is beyond our individuated consciousness, I'd say. And I don't mean only experiences of oneness with What Is but also simply of ever more aware states of being or consciousness.

I think that the movement toward transparency of consciousness (in every sense, including intent and feeling) as well as a wider awareness of the collective consciousness and how we contribute and are influenced, both, are some ready examples of this. And I think there are many others. My own experience of consciousness is fairly varied, just within myself -- and there are many shared experiences as well.

Of note, the movement to a place of lovingkindness from equanimity in authentic love (for self and others equally) is a watershed that fundamentally changes my experience and understanding and qualitative experience of memory and emotion. In every place and time, and in every experience of incarnation. My perspective as individuated consciousness is fundamentally more global, expansive, and connected. And this even after I tended to have more of an interconnected concept of my "self" than many, already.

It's interesting how the more you connect to wider consciousness, the more centred and aware you become of the importance of personal lovingkindness on the ground, day-to-day. Just as with the other direction, which we tend to hear so much more about.

Let me have a look at those other posts and I will also see if I have anything to add there.

7L

7luminaries 18-08-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

The heart led consciousness indeed filters through to one's physical expression and becomes entwined with our true nature while in experience of the physical-mind environment .

For one to suggest for examples sake that they are operating solely through the heart and have transcended mind makes no sense while they are here of the physical aspect of mind speaking about it via the intellect lol .

x daz x

Daz, hello there :) and completely agreed. However, I will say there is a lot of baggage with the term "mind" when you don't clarify that you also (and even primarily) mean to include the heart centre. Or even further, the heart-led consciousness.

But I also agree that when the intellect (what most mean when they say 'mind') is in service to the heart-led consciousness, that is the IDEAL and not to be disparaged or posited as a false dualism where you must be one or the other or where you cannot be both -- which clearly we are and more.

That is, IMO...we are intended to struggle with the balance and with IMO living from the heart-led consciousness.

That is, IMO...we are intended to struggle with and eventually master the art of surfacing. Of conscious acts and conscious states of remembrance, acceptance, ownership, growth and penitence and reconciling, and of consciously taking decisions and consciously choosing to live from the awakened heart centre with awakened intellect in service to heart.

I think that alot of the focus from some of the other seasoned posters here is in essence about not conflating the heart-led consciousness with consciousness led from intellect, EVEN IF the person is awakened to some degree. Because what many of us see are many others consciously choosing to live in intellect (and often thus in ego and service to self) whilst actively and usually consciously choosing not to live from the heart centre.

This conscious decision taken to live in intellect and ego has in fact become the norm over this last half century. Thus, relatively few are totally unaware or completely unawakened in this day as in times past. That is the benefit of the transition to the Age of Aquarius, begun in earnest these 50 yrs past...that most have some degree of inner self awareness. And that makes the ongoing conscious choice to live in service to self (claiming "it's the norm" now) all the more egregious, tragic, and patently obvious. Think "leader of the free world", LOL, for a really blatant example.

I think that's why you have folks saying if you're not speaking very clearly of living from the heart-LED consciousness, then they're not necessarily certain where you're coming from or if you understand when they say that they are.

So you just may need to make that a bit more clear as well, and of course we all do, so that it's fully disclosed :D It may seem obvious and so you didn't even really spend time on it. But per "the leader" and all those like him who have been actively promoting egregious service to self at least these past 50 yrs in modern culture, there is a vast, flaming, cavernous need for folks to stand up for who they are and to really own and disclose what they stand for.

7L