Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Freedom. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10626)

Gem 06-02-2011 01:02 PM

Freedom.

What are we free from?

sound 06-02-2011 01:21 PM

We are free from non-existence ...

Miss Hepburn 06-02-2011 01:27 PM

Hopefully, suffering and the delusion of separation.
Freedom from believing that what we see in this 3rd dimension is "real".

:smile:

Gem 07-02-2011 03:41 AM

Is it the 3rd dimension or just 3 dimensional?

I wonder what freedom means from the perspective of what is 'not free', so there must be some nature of shackle which inhibits to define 'not free', and I think I'm really asking what is the shackle?

Silver 07-02-2011 05:22 AM

selfishness / insecurity / greed?

Miss Hepburn 07-02-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
I wonder what freedom means from the perspective of what is 'not free', so there must be some nature of shackle which inhibits to define 'not free', and I think I'm really asking what is the shackle?

Oh, well, now you are making it more interesting. :wink:

What are the paper chains that keep some from Bliss.
What are the paperchains that keep some from perpetual joy or peace of mind and, especially, contentment, even in external issues as simple as someone denting their car or suddenly losing their income?
Or just simply sitting in peace and freedom while being in stillness- in prayer or meditation?

Their would be a list - and yet off the top - I'd say that list of fear, shame, guilt,
doubt, and more would boil down to what I'd call the Mind.
Others might say the Ego.
The dissolving of Ego, Mind, Lower Ego Self, to accept what Is,

That all is Love, Bliss, Holy and part of the Beloved Creator Who Is only Divine
Ecstasy; Infinite and Infinitesimal.

What would keep you personally from accepting True Freedom or the Ecstasy
that is all around you and in you, Gem?

You'll have your answer for each human being. No?

:hug2: Great thread.

Gem 08-02-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh, well, now you are making it more interesting. :wink:

What are the paper chains that keep some from Bliss.
What are the paperchains that keep some from perpetual joy or peace of mind and, especially, contentment, even in external issues as simple as someone denting their car or suddenly losing their income?
Or just simply sitting in peace and freedom while being in stillness- in prayer or meditation?

Their would be a list - and yet off the top - I'd say that list of fear, shame, guilt,
doubt, and more would boil down to what I'd call the Mind.
Others might say the Ego.
The dissolving of Ego, Mind, Lower Ego Self, to accept what Is,

That all is Love, Bliss, Holy and part of the Beloved Creator Who Is only Divine
Ecstasy; Infinite and Infinitesimal.

What would keep you personally from accepting True Freedom or the Ecstasy
that is all around you and in you, Gem?

You'll have your answer for each human being. No?

:hug2: Great thread.

I don't have an answer but I think your post implies that you do.

I have never understood why the mind is considered burdensome and freedom really is freedom of the mind... isn't it?

Miss Hepburn 08-02-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
I don't have an answer but I think your post implies that you do.

I have never understood why the mind is considered burdensome and freedom really is freedom of the mind... isn't it?

Well, good question...about the Mind...
This would be my take...the Mind is full of hard to control stuff... sudden anger, resentments, jealousy, fear, worry, low self esteem ---you get the picture.

Then you have the incredible limitation of the Mind --- as all our limited senses bring in input. Why, a dog hears more than us, an eagle sees better than us!

With the input, say, from just the incredibly shockingly small spectrum of visible light.. that we are equiped to perceive.. ( google Electromagnetic spectrum --to see where visible light sits compared to Cosmic rays, Xrays, ultra-violet, infrared, Radio waves, etc..), well, you will see what I mean.

It is shocking how limited this teeny body is in this Universe.

SO...to go beyond the Mind --WEll, bingo ---a whole vast world of perception opens; The Doors of Perception can be opened.

Have you ever meditated? And if so - on what, how long have you ever "sat"...if you feel comfortable telling me, that is.

:smile: Miss Hepburn

Gem 08-02-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, good question...about the Mind...
This would be my take...the Mind is full of hard to control stuff... sudden anger, resentments, jealousy, fear, worry, low self esteem ---you get the picture.

Then you have the incredible limitation of the Mind --- as all our limited senses bring in input. Why, a dog hears more than us, an eagle sees better than us!

With the input, say, from just the incredibly shockingly small spectrum of visible light.. that we are equiped to perceive.. ( google Electromagnetic spectrum --to see where visible light sits compared to Cosmic rays, Xrays, ultra-violet, infrared, Radio waves, etc..), well, you will see what I mean.

It is shocking how limited this teeny body is in this Universe.

SO...to go beyond the Mind --WEll, bingo ---a whole vast world of perception opens; The Doors of Perception can be opened.

Have you ever meditated? And if so - on what, how long have you ever "sat"...if you feel comfortable telling me, that is.

:smile: Miss Hepburn

Sure I meditated. I sat very long, much longer than the average sitting and only observed the breath...

I never saw the mind as limited, it just went on.

Miss Hepburn 08-02-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
Sure I meditated. I sat very long, much longer than the average sitting and only observed the breath...

I never saw the mind as limited, it just went on.

I'll bet you mean thoughts.
I know that one - been there, done that.

There is a "place" when your mind stops and all of a sudden , shazam -
you've reached a "different realm" or something and things are ..well...more interesting and it grabs you're attention.
Like all of a sudden there is a stillness that is ... different.
I have a way with words, don't I?
:smile: