Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can anyone be a medium? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8330)

mac 29-12-2010 02:52 PM

To be strict, mediumship used to be seen the way it is sometimes still described BUT many nowadays do not see mediumship in that way.

I don't wish to labour the points I have made so many times over the past couple of years but there are various ways that folks view mediumship.

Before anyone declares it to be - or not to be - this, that or something else, perhaps some thought should be given to whether the old ways of seeing mediumship are still valid....

Emmalevine 29-12-2010 04:26 PM

I'm really enjoying the responses to this thread - great to hear so many views and experiences from mediums.

So any specific advice for someone starting out, like me? I'm currently going to keep meditating, affirming my intent to develop but without attaching expectation (if that makes sense) and trust in the process. If I don't get anywhere it shows I'm not cut out to develop spirit communication to any great level but hopefully I'll be raising my vibration in the meantime! :smile:

earthprowler 29-12-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck
I'm really enjoying the responses to this thread - great to hear so many views and experiences from mediums.

So any specific advice for someone starting out, like me? I'm currently going to keep meditating, affirming my intent to develop but without attaching expectation (if that makes sense) and trust in the process. If I don't get anywhere it shows I'm not cut out to develop spirit communication to any great level but hopefully I'll be raising my vibration in the meantime! :smile:

do it daily.........meditation and affirmations. i used to walk around work doing affirmations in my head, and kept notes on my desk........over and over and over. it did take about a year before my ascended masters showed up in automatic writing and right along the same time my first meet and greet with a spirit that had crossed three days before that for a friend that was sitting next to me. believe me when i say i am the biggest goof (in a good way i think :wink:) and for me to do this, they were completely shocked. so if i can do it with intent, and lots of commitment (which for anything else i do not put this much energy in at all) to what i wanted to be able to do, with the offset that not everyone gets the exact same things along the way, you can do it too.

and i'll tell you my meditation wasn't anything special in the beginning, i simply said over and over "i open my third eye to see clearly, i open my ears to hear". and i went from there with the rest. hope this helps a little. :D

Lynn 29-12-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac
To be strict, mediumship used to be seen the way it is sometimes still described BUT many nowadays do not see mediumship in that way.

I don't wish to labour the points I have made so many times over the past couple of years but there are various ways that folks view mediumship.

Before anyone declares it to be - or not to be - this, that or something else, perhaps some thought should be given to whether the old ways of seeing mediumship are still valid....

Hello Mac

Knowing we do not always see eye to eye know that I respect how one see's things. We might well agree is disagree.

One does make a good point here as to where Mediumship was and where it be now and really where it might well go forth to.

There too is a difference in Medumship and Medium. ( maybe maybe not ) again depends on one' s personal view at times.

Mediumship - a form of communictions with spirits. Too this can be taken deeper than just with the deceased to Angels and other beings. It is said that a Medium makes the contact with spirit to share messages wiht a non medium. At times some use trace where they are not aware of what is said and let spirit enter and use their body and voice box to speak. There are many layer to what a medium is seen to be or not be.

The older thinking has always been that a "select few" had this ablilty in them and it was a "gift" one was given to speak with spirits. In part I do feel its a "gift" but one that we all have the gift is in when one willingly opens it and starts to use it.

Now days on just needs to click on the TV and see shows on what TV feels a Medium is . Some I must say drive me over the edge in the pure fakeness of them but then there is a product to sell. Like now two people are ever the same I so feel no too mediums are ever the same. We all have our ways it works for us while at times similar its not a science. Nor do I feel science will ever control in it.

We are all mediums on some level at times we just choose not to use it or open those doors in life or maybe its not our Soul's path to know or learn in such things tis time round.

What is changeing the most and for a very good and possitive way is that WE can now talk openly on being a medium. We do not have to hide in the shadows and suffer the hurts and pains that I grew up with. I truly at one time almost too me life over being me. I truly thought I was Rubber Room bound and I was scrared . ( I had a cousin in such a place NOT nice ).

Like all things old view evolve to new viiews we embrae the old thinking but too make way for new thinking. Where is mediumship going.....onwards and upward I hope in understadings and commpassion. To where more and more find that peace in that when they loose a LOVed one that they will see them again at their passing. That our spirit does live on outside the physical body, that too if one has taken their life of met it at what seems like an untimely end, that they are OK. The Light is there for all.

Lynn

mac 29-12-2010 05:50 PM

It matters not whether we agree or disagree, Lynn...:smile: This thread is anyway not about me.

My purpose (if I have any) in this thread is simply to be a sounding board, a facilitator with the hope that it will provide others with an alternative/alternate viewpoint which they may wish to consider.

I expressed my own position only because I'm a member and I had suggested that members might wish to do that. My view has no importance.

After considerable time and effort on this point of mediumship I am now viewing the whole situation very differently from how I once used to. I've 'spoken' and listened to many sincere individuals whose take on the matter I have accepted as different to the 'old' one I learned in my earlier years.

As a consequence of all this I've also learned to accept different views and different standpoints yet at the same time trying to keep one type of personal attribute clearly defined compared with another type.

I won't go down that path again as it's been well trod, there's nothing new to say....

Lynn 29-12-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck

Hello

What one is doing is a good place to start. Too most likely one has had communictaions one has maybe not seen or felt. Signs at times can be right under our nose but we do not see them is all.

Smells or sounds, many differnt way Spirit communicate.

I am a firm beleiver that we are given what we need on our path so if this is what one needs to open it will.

Lynn

Enya 29-12-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Mediumship is to me a word that just being said places that Pedesle for one to stand on, I am not a fan of the word BUT it does tell one's that need the service whom one is. Does it take inner work to be a Medium, I wonder on some that I know that are very not balanced in self. The number that have never had successful relationships is huge. That truly do not embrace whom they are but "look" at what they can make from it. Good teaching, I have had no formal teachings but I guess self learnings and a ton of reading and doing is a form of teaching.

Mediumship is just a word for that particular study... but it's always about perception, isn't it? :) I can only speak from my own experience that inner work *is* needed to be a good medium, to be the best you can be. I've seen the evidence of that in my own development and that of others. I've also seen the results of not doing anything of the kind... What form that inner work takes is down to the individual of course, as you yourself have discovered, Lynn. Personally, I'm wary about recommending development circles simply because there are so many poor ones out there!

You know, I dithered about using the word treasure but nothing else seemed to fit... It's a shame, to me, that you see it sometimes as a curse - what's in a word, eh? The richness of life...
[/quote]

OceanWaves19161 29-12-2010 08:57 PM

Hey Starbucks. I do feel your pretty much already there. I think you just need to trust the impressions your getting. I feel if you do get spirits around you they'll come to you through intuition, feelings etc...more subtle stuff so try and trust those abilities first and the rest will just come when your soul feels your ready for it.

p.s I think the reason psychics and mediums were put into different categories is because it was discovered that a person needs to be psychic to be a medium (only because mediums tend to recieve psychic info from spirits as symbols, signs etc) ...whereas you can just be psychic and not have the mediumship.

There's different types of mediumship as well.

*trance mediumship channelling (light or deep).

Light trance mediumship involves spirit somewhat controlling the mediums body and conciousness. The medium is still translating what the spirit is saying mentally however.

Deep trance mediumship involves spirits almost full control of the medium. This can mean the mediums facial features begin to change, their voice completely changes etc.

You can also get mediumship without going into a trance though. It's pretty much like regular psychic chanelling which a person would do with guides, angels etc except you have a spirit passing on information/messages.

Lynn 29-12-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya
[/color]
Mediumship is just a word for that particular study... but it's always about perception, isn't it? :) I can only speak from my own experience that inner work *is* needed to be a good medium, to be the best you can be. I've seen the evidence of that in my own development and that of others. I've also seen the results of not doing anything of the kind... What form that inner work takes is down to the individual of course, as you yourself have discovered, Lynn. Personally, I'm wary about recommending development circles simply because there are so many poor ones out there!

You know, I dithered about using the word treasure but nothing else seemed to fit... It's a shame, to me, that you see it sometimes as a curse - what's in a word, eh? The richness of life...

[/quote]

Hello

Well I have been in Mediumship Cirlcles and have been to many a workshop put on by one's. Can I honestly say I took anything from it other than maybe what I feel is neede the most is trust in self. That self confidence that one can do it and that one is on on that path. To feel safe in a group maybe is important as when one is working with spirit ye are too working with a person that was once living.

I have been to good one's and rotten one's. I had a reading done by the so called best of the best. SHE got nothing right. I too was open to her reading me. I have to wonder if some are just good on "stage" and that is how they make it where they are.

I so feel that beig a good medium comes from being a good person on the Soul level to set forth to do no harm and know what to tell and what to keep to self.

Lynn

Orbie 29-12-2010 09:35 PM

I love the phone box idea Serenity Bear. Its like the idea I have of being a carrier pigeon. Smiler, I cant even begin find the words so I just send a hug back to you:hug3: love and strength to you. Trust, you are so right Lynn, trusting in self is a biggie!!:smile: