Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Interesting account by person dead for 3 minutes (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116793)

LPC 09-09-2017 07:50 PM

Interesting account by person dead for 3 minutes

I was searching on Google and by chance found this fascinating article about the experiences of a person who was physically dead for three minutes. NDEs often vary according the background of the person, but this one struck me as very sincere and somehow "rings true":
http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...els-god-reddit

Clover 09-09-2017 07:56 PM

Very interesting, LPC.

Sort of seems like he was a deep meditative state. Although, interesting that he was still considered 'dead' in the 3d world where they were trying to revive him. Thanks for sharing, would love to read more of these.

Bubbles 16-09-2017 11:04 PM

Could this be related to the theory of DMT being released from the pineal gland when you die?

On another note... maybe it 'was known' that he will not die that day, so the place where he was, it was just temporary; does not mean that every soul will spend an eternity in that place feeling anxiety-free.

Good read :) I will investigate more. Also recommend the movie 'I Origins' but don't watch the spoiler.

Flameseeker 14-10-2017 02:13 PM

It's really irrelevant that he was dead for "3minutes"
In the spiritual realm time & space do not exist.
You can go to the spiritual realm for hours & yet only seconds have past
As we know it here in human form.

I think he has found himself in another plane of existence.

Someone that I've known personally that has had many NDE
Always found themselves on the hospital roof looking down at themselves
talking to deceased loved ones, whom would tell them they had to go back.

But they didn't want to come back lol
They felt a very strong urge to want to stay & not come back to this
fear based controlled planet

KyleConn 16-10-2017 06:55 AM

I don't get it. Was he really dead or in a state of temporary coma for 3 minutes?

I don't believe that someone can come back if they are dead. Maybe the guy was unconscious for 3 minutes and what he saw may have been a dream. It happens when you faint.

pynall 12-12-2017 03:22 AM

NDEs and the Afterlife

This is an interesting topic. I suggest that you read Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences by Jeff Long, MD. It looks at every facet by means of examining a large database of NDEs. His follow-up book is called, God and the Afterlife.

Colorado 14-12-2017 03:32 AM

I think we will never know,exactly what our after death will be like based on somebody else's experience. Most of us have a home to live in, a car, job, family ect...however, that doesn't mean we all spent Saturday night bowling, and Sunday at church...and we cooked out and ate hamburgers. If you understand that analogy, then you understand that we are in spirit, as we are in the world. We have free will, and we all are shaped by our experiences, beliefs, likes, dislikes, wants, desires....our experiences are different, and yet, somewhat the same. What we do in the afterlife, is probably similar to what we do in life, in different planes of frequency and dimensions.

Brucely 19-12-2017 08:08 AM

"The best way i could describe it..."

I wonder if there is much more to see and feel, but being back in our minds its impossible to comprehend so it just becomes an empty memory

inavalan 19-12-2017 08:40 PM

Death is a process. There was no single moment when all shuts down simultaneously.

Still_Waters 19-12-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleConn
I don't get it. Was he really dead or in a state of temporary coma for 3 minutes?

I don't believe that someone can come back if they are dead. Maybe the guy was unconscious for 3 minutes and what he saw may have been a dream. It happens when you faint.

If you don't believe that some one can come back from the dead, consider he following.

Years ago, I spent private time with Sogyal Rimpoche, a senior advisor to the Dalai Lama, and we talked about my own NDE and his experience watching a Tibetan master bring a monk back from the dead and then guide him through the death process. (Read his book, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, page 6.) In addition, if you read Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi", there is a chapter there about Lahiri Mahasaya directing Sri Yukteswar to bring one of Yukteswar's friends back from the dead.

Edgar Cayce, in a publication of his readings called "The Psychic Sense", talks about communication with the dead. (The underlying principle is telepathy where the physical body is not needed for communication to take place.)

Seek and ye shall find. Meditate and all things are revealed either directly or vicariously.

P.S. I was personally in a 3-day "irreversible coma" from which I emerged symptom-free to the shock of the hospital staff who had indicated that, even if there was a recovery which they considered virtually impossible, there would be significant brain-damage and/or significant organ damage. My recovery was instantaneous (when the life force returned to the body after 3 days) and symptom-free. However, I don't want to go into that at this time. I emerged with a very vivid recollection of what had transpired, including but not limited to the somewhat-standard out-of-body experience and verifiable remote viewing. That was a major catalyst in pursuing the spiritual path and understanding the nature of reality where literally anything is possible.

Native spirit 19-12-2017 11:30 PM

I have had 3 NDE everytime I'm either met by my grandmother or my guide.im always told to go back as I still have work to do

Namaste

CrystalKitty777 19-12-2017 11:39 PM

I fainted once in a CPR class [oh, the irony], and though it was apparently only fifteen or twenty seconds, it felt like much longer. My awareness was different somehow. It felt like sleeping, only not. When I woke up I thought I was dreaming [that the class was the dream, not the experience], and I actually tried to roll over in 'bed'.