Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Philosophy & Theory (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Wise Ones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110241)

Flexi-Girl 29-01-2017 10:33 PM

The Wise Ones

This is something I have been thinking a lot about over the past few months.

I have found from repeated experience I am much more powerful in this world when I keep my intentions quiet. I do so partly because I can focus with more clarity and find solutions outside the box. If I tell others about what I am doing, even the most trivial things, they often pollute me with their own personal insecurity and doubts. They may not be conscious of it however. The exception to this is with people who are wiser then me, but in their case they often know what I am up to and offer to help without having to ask. I am not claiming to be wiser or smarter than most people. It's just that as I become wiser in this world, I see the necessity of quiet. And this brings me to a question...

What if there are humans living among us who are so wise and capable beyond our everyday understanding? They have what we might call super-human powers only due to our lack of awareness, but we just don't know about them because they are keeping quiet? They are not evil, nor are they hiding in the shadows conspiring against us. They simply choose to avoid entangling themselves with the world because they know they're wisdom will likely be rejected, maligned, or distorted by people who don't understand. What if they live and work among us, mostly preferring to live modestly as to avoid attention, but also because they don't feel the need?

redstone 29-01-2017 11:26 PM

Quote/What if there are humans living among us who are so wise and capable beyond our everyday understanding? They have what we might call super-human powers only due to our lack of awareness, but we just don't know about them because they are keeping quiet? They are not evil, nor are they hiding in the shadows conspiring against us. They simply choose to avoid entangling themselves with the world because they know they're wisdom will likely be rejected, maligned, or distorted by people who don't understand. What if they live and work among us, mostly preferring to live modestly as to avoid attention, but also because they don't feel the need?[/quote]

Some are aware of the yogic or chi accomplishments that can be be mis-used so stay off the grid so to speak...some get found out using these abilities and the word spreads round, some have these accomplishments to a greater or lesser degree but are not so wise.

Brucely 18-02-2017 02:54 AM

Yea theres something about opening your endevours to the universe that can spoil it. The quiet types are often the smartest. Not to say the talkatives arent. But the quiet ones have a different type of intellect

As for special abilities... Sounds like you could write a superhero play

Brucely 18-02-2017 03:02 AM

Thats part why symbolism is used so often... Take our avatars, what are we secretly conveying?

jimrich 03-03-2017 07:28 PM

the Happy Wanderer

My 1st guru asked me if I can keep a SECRET? I said yes but had no idea what he meant. Now I do. He meant that, if I let others know what I am thinking, feeling or doing, some of the jealous or frightened ones might harm me with their violent or hateful responses. So keeping a secret was really about SAFETY more than just playing mind games with others.

[quote=Flexi-Girl]
Quote:

If I tell others about what I am doing, even the most trivial things, they often pollute me with their own personal insecurity and doubts.
Or their angry ENVY of you. Jealous folks can be VERY dangerous.

Quote:

What if there are humans living among us who are so wise and capable beyond our everyday understanding? They have what we might call super-human powers only due to our lack of awareness, but we just don't know about them because they are keeping quiet?
My 1st guru was exactly like that! He had become "enlightened" in India and live as a happy wanderer. He looked and acted just like others BUT kept his wisdom and powers safely hidden away for the most part. He was "quiet" for the sake of his and others safety. He "kept quiet" when it was the wise thing to do and spoke up when it was safe to do so.

Quote:

They are not evil, nor are they hiding in the shadows conspiring against us. They simply choose to avoid entangling themselves with the world because they know they're wisdom will likely be rejected, maligned, or distorted by people who don't understand.
It's worse than that. The most dangerous antagonists will be those who "understand" but are bitterly jealous and envious as in the case of Jesus, who was executed by extremely envious and jealous others who felt threatened by his wisdom and powers.

Quote:

What if they live and work among us, mostly preferring to live modestly as to avoid attention, but also because they don't feel the need?
My 1st guru lived amongst us as a single, inconspicuous traveling man and only showed his hand when he met a person ripe enough to be given what he had to offer. He gave me a lot but I didn't use it very well. Sometimes I think that what he gave me is quietly manifesting now! He lived "modestly" so he could wander about and not be burdened with a lot of "stuff" and worldly obligations yet there are gurus who are married with kids and careers so, go figure......

jimrich 03-03-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redstone
Some are aware of the yogic or chi accomplishments that can be be mis-used so stay off the grid so to speak...some get found out using these abilities and the word spreads round, some have these accomplishments to a greater or lesser degree but are not so wise.

My 1st guru spoke often of how certain "powers" and "gifts" had been misused in the past and often asked me NOT to tell others anything about him. :icon_eek:

Brucely 11-03-2017 06:29 AM

I just found out that telling anyone what youre doing gives u a premature sense of accomplishment, meaning u wont work as hard on the project

r6r6 11-03-2017 05:48 PM

( ** ) humans are complex not simple

There is an ole saying that, ...'it is the quiet ones we have to watch out for'....

Humans are complex and not easy to predict. This is what psychology is all about.

I can think of some very talkative celebrities I think we should watch out for.

r6

Armadodecadron 14-03-2017 11:37 PM

To allow the world to go on as it does is an evil in itself. It is to withhold readily available water from the lips of those dying of thirst, to walk by a person struggling in vain to pull themselves out of a pit.

I have difficulty believing that such beings could exist and be amoral enough to not come together and take some kind of open stand against the general inequity of the world. This sort of inaction is what you'd expect from the unenlightened; the dull witted, the living dead.

So, if they do exist in any capacity, they may have simply assessed that they don't have what it takes to make a difference - and it wouldn't be much. Billions of people follow the idea of miracle workers while having never even seen miracles being done.

A group of people with the power to demonstrate and could pull the world into a new and better form in a single generation. Look at what people are willing to believe - they're desperate for a sign of something greater. They're crying out for leadership in their confusion.

No one answers. I don't think there is anyone who can answer, really.

Armadodecadron 14-03-2017 11:38 PM

To allow the world to go on as it does is an evil in itself. It is to withhold readily available water from the lips of those dying of thirst, to walk by a person struggling in vain to pull themselves out of a pit.

I have difficulty believing that such beings could exist and be amoral enough to not come together and take some kind of open stand against the general inequity of the world. This sort of inaction is what you'd expect from the unenlightened; the dull witted, the living dead.

So, if they do exist in any capacity, they may have simply assessed that they don't have what it takes to make a difference - and it wouldn't be much. Billions of people follow the idea of miracle workers while having never even seen miracles being done.

A group of people with the power to demonstrate as opposed to claim and insinuate - they could pull the world into a new and better form in a single generation. Look at what people are willing to believe - they're desperate for a sign of something greater. The confusion and disarray is one long, silent scream pleading for hope and leadership.

No one answers. I don't think there is anyone who can answer, really.