Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stockholm syndrome? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70065)

4everLove 15-06-2014 01:23 AM

Stockholm syndrome?

Hey all! So i was at the bookstore a while back where i found a book i was drawn to. Its a ya novel about a girl taken by a guy and its sort of like Stockholm syndrome? I didn't buy the book, though a couple months later the cover flashed in my head and i knew i had to read it. After reading it it made me want to discover more of my past lives. I have hard times being in relationships and i at times get uncomfortable and feel aawkward around guys. Ever since i was little i have been EXTREMELY uncomfortable with even saying the word 'kidnap' (that took a lot to type that word btw). Anytime i see someone "bound" like in a movie it makes me sooooo uncomfortable. And sometimes like recently I'll get a random image of some man i know being evil like kidnapping (yup, took a lot of emotion to type it again). I have a hard time looking at that man the same way no matter who he is and how much i trust him. Im pretty young by the way. I have a hard time with hypnosis because it feels too forced and im terrified of what I'll find out. I really want to be in a relationship and be married someday, but these thoughts just make me put a giant wall up. Are there anyways that could help understandwho we were in the past other than hypnosis?

Ps. I think i have some validation ive gone through this in the past life because my mom is in the otger room watching a documentary and tgey keep saying "kidnapped" while i am typing this.

Any help would be great! It just holds me back so much. Much love

Michelle11 15-06-2014 03:38 AM

There does seem to be some sort of fear there regardless if it is past life related or not. Are you able to recall your dreams? I have found my dreams to be really helpful at sorting out those things that are troubling me. I will ask a question before I go to bed and keep a journal by my bed to record my dreams even if I wake up in the middle of the night. The more you make this a practice the better your dreams will serve you. The important thing now is to sort out this fear no matter if there is a past life connection or not because it very well will affect your relationships. If this fear is really holding you back from true happiness then you may even want to consider talking to a professional about it. This isn't anything to be embarrassed about if you do consider talking to someone. There is a real fear and that fear needs to be addressed for your well being. Best of luck sorting it all out.

PrincessSerena 15-06-2014 05:02 AM

This reminds me of something similar that I have been dealing with. I discovered it when I wore a bridal veil and I had a vision of an arranged marriage and I've also had visions of me being a Harem girl. I was kidnapped into it and I has been something that has given me odd feelings to this day...I might make a post about this later but maybe something can trigger a vision and you can remember what happened and have some clarity.

desert rat 15-06-2014 01:03 PM

I dont know it these methods will work for you , but I think they would be worth a try . I have not used any of them my self . I put this list togher for another post . There are many guided self hypnosis past life regression videos on you tube , there may be some mirror/candle flame/water videos as well .
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=68737

CrystalSong 15-06-2014 05:29 PM

Sounds like you are being shown something from a past life you now have the ability to heal. In my experience we are only shown what we have the tools developed to work with. As another poster said, its not necessary to actually see the past life this happened in to begin to heal the wounding. If you feel it will be of assistance though then the self hypnosis state might be a good route, basically what it is is a deep relaxation with very little mental activity which allows your Higher Self to come through. Hypnosis is nothing to fear, you are actually in control and aware at all times and able to stop it if wished. Its just a deep relaxation. Having another person guide it is useful because it gives the brain something to focus on other than its own thinking.

TommyHG 17-06-2014 07:28 AM

Well, people suffering from Stockholm syndrome come to identify with and even care for their captors in a desperate, usually unconscious act of self-preservation.

sea-dove 17-06-2014 09:40 AM

I suggest not to try to hypnotise yourself to remember or to try doing past life regression.. as those things can bring up more intense memories then a person can emotionally/mentally handle. It sounds like you are already really struggling with it. If you are meant to know all the details, the info will come up anyway.

I do suggest to seek out a spiritual healer who helps clear past lives. You said you are young, do you have the means to be able to do that if you wanted?. Spiritual healing isnt past life regression, so they do not make a person go throu the experience again but be aware it is likely to spontanously come up more as the energy surfaces for clearing and you may well go throu the whole experience again briefly.

Ive had many of my past lives cleared by spiritual healers and a very horrid intense one, even thou I can do this healing myself, I wouldnt try to go throu a healing alone. (clearing these energies can be quite painful for some).

Many people do have reincurring past life themes too. In my own case its being sacrified, you may have more then one past life in which you were kidnapped.

4everLove 17-06-2014 01:34 PM

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply. More has come up recentlt, but its just confusing emotions that I'll just let be my guide. It is past life related and i do feel I'm in a healing process. Its quite painful and uncomfortable. Its a feeling of being alone in a crowded room. It will heal. Thank you all and god bless.

4Everlove

linen53 17-06-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4everLove
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply. More has come up recentlt, but its just confusing emotions that I'll just let be my guide. It is past life related and i do feel I'm in a healing process. Its quite painful and uncomfortable. Its a feeling of being alone in a crowded room. It will heal. Thank you all and god bless.

4Everlove

The more you talk about it the more will be unearthed. Keep talking about it. Keep saying and typing the word "kidnapped" and any other relevant words. Don't skirt around it.

Trust yourself. If you think it happened......it did.

I remember half a dozen past lives and I have never gone under hypnosis. You can do it yourself just by sitting in a quiet room in a comfortable chair or bed and thinking back. You don't have to "meditate". Just relax and go with the flow. Say the word "kidnapped" over and over. You can stop any time you want or feel uncomfortable. Then when you feel in control again, start again, maybe later on that day or another day when you feel brave enough. My memories came back in bits and pieces, not all at once.

4everLove 17-06-2014 05:20 PM

I think that is a great idea linen53. I really do think it will help so I'll give it a try.