Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   how come ghosts only talk to mediums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132626)

mario32 22-11-2019 05:14 PM

how come ghosts only talk to mediums

how come they wont talk to their loved ones..

inavalan 22-11-2019 05:50 PM

Not everybody's tuned in, to hear whatever is broadcasted. (I don't believe in ghosts)

John32241 23-11-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario32
how come they wont talk to their loved ones..

Hi,

They would if their loved ones knew how to do mediumship.

John

StaceyA 23-11-2019 06:49 AM

Hi Mario!

I am no expert; but, I have learned from my own experiences as a medium. Spirits do, in fact, try to communicate with their loved ones. However, the frequencies of energy in which they are communicating are not always heard, seen, or felt by everyone.

Stacey :)

LadyMay 23-11-2019 04:59 PM

They don't, mediums are sensitive and just hear them better. Their psychic ears are switched on. Most people's aren't, so spirits can be talking and normal people just wont hear them.

LDKLeo 24-11-2019 01:01 AM

I believe that mediumship is a gift that not everyone has the capacity to respect and appreciate. Ive been blessed enough to have experienced a few inexplainable moments in a "church" setting. The finite details that were conveyed in those moments opened my mind in a way that nothing ever could have. Its a very special person who can hold that power..

FairyCrystal 24-11-2019 10:01 AM

They absolutely do, but you got to be in tune to receive it. It doesn't necessarily come by hearing them, it's different for everyone, depending on what skill comes easiest for you.
Some may 'hear', others know, feel, or see, and so on.
For me it's knowing and feeling.

It also depends how long ago they made their transition. If that is very recent their soul is sometimes still in shock or transition mode and then they're not ready to contact you.
My dad was 'roaming' around almost immediately but he was quite upset still about the transition, seeking solace and comfort. He did know he made his transition (some don't or not right away) but he felt really out of whack without a body.
I never hear or see him really, but I can feel him and know that he's with me often.

Blue Tiger 24-11-2019 03:21 PM

Spirits try to communicate directly with their loved ones.

Sadly most people don't realize it, and brush off the sounds of faint whispering in their ear or the words put in their mind as "imagination" and go on about their day.

Spirits work through mediums because mediums know how to listen and recognize when communication is being attempted.

Native spirit 24-11-2019 11:52 PM

Loved ones do communicate with us in other ways also.it is not always about hearing or speaking with them,
They send us signs all the time that they are around us,

Namaste

briam 27-11-2019 04:24 PM

Talking to spirit

It's true spirit energy is so fine. I've exprinced this at mediumship training you have to be in the power even when your not it's possible for them to vist you this has happened to me . Lethe me say you get visted just before you wake usually the dream scene will suddenly change or you feel something enter your crown chakra like a warm feeling of extreme contentment it's something really special to experience a lot of people I know would scoff at it so I say nothing to them they think when they die that's it but I know other wise

briam 21-12-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceyA
Hi Mario!

I am no expert; but, I have learned from my own experiences as a medium. Spirits do, in fact, try to communicate with their loved ones. However, the frequencies of energy in which they are communicating are not always heard, seen, or felt by everyone.

Stacey :)

Stacey I tend to go with you they do try to communicate I also had several experience 's of this may have been a lot more when I was younger but as you know spirit has no body it can only pass on what it knows from its past life and what it knows going to happen after my experience's as a child I often wondered what all those orbs flying around the bedroom were at the time I was petiffied and hide unda the sheets and as you know why see things as children is because of our pure inocense.it's so nice to hear about other people experience 's

Toe-Knee 05-01-2020 12:04 AM

They're not ghosts

leadville 06-01-2020 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toe-Knee
They're not ghosts

correct, of course

Ghosts don't interact and communicate whereas discarnate individuals - spirits - may do.

Dargor 06-01-2020 03:44 AM

If ghosts are real they wouldn't need those few 'special' people to get their message across.

Mediumship is very deceitful. Some years ago this mdium person told me I'm being followed by the benevolent ghost of some small boy she assumed was my brother, which makes no sense because I have no siblings to begin with.

I am no medium or have any psychic skills, and the few ''visitation dreams'' involving spirits I've had years ago goes to show that it could happen to anyone. Ironically, I am rather sceptical about them lately and struggle convincing myself that my experiences were truly of supernatural origin. Because you know, the subconscious can be an a.hole.

leadville 06-01-2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If ghosts are real they wouldn't need those few 'special' people to get their message across.

What does 'real' mean to YOU? To try to help I'll say again that ghosts don't bring messages for anyone - special or otherwise.

Quote:

Mediumship is very deceitful.
People can be deceitful. Mediumship isn't. If a medium is deceitful (s)he needs to be called out for it.

Quote:

Some years ago this medium person told me I'm being followed by the benevolent ghost of some small boy she assumed was my brother, which makes no sense because I have no siblings to begin with.

That practitioner was not an experienced or competent medium. She may not have been a medium at all, perhaps just a psychic; the use of the word 'ghost', and her assumption the child was a sibling, is something an experienced medium wouldn't make. It's a shame you visited with one who needed to improve her attributes.

Quote:

I am no medium or have any psychic skills, and the few ''visitation dreams'' involving spirits I've had years ago goes to show that it could happen to anyone. Ironically, I am rather sceptical about them lately and struggle convincing myself that my experiences were truly of supernatural origin. Because you know, the subconscious can be an a.hole.

You could do with spending some time studying and ideally speaking with individuals who could help you find for yourself what I believe you're looking for. I think it would help you to understand two fundamentals - the difference(s) between ghosts and spirits and the difference(s) between mediums and psychics. I'm not interested in convincing you about anything but I'll try to help if you genuinely want to understand.

Visitations may be as frustrating to those who came to visit with you as it was for you. You want to understand why your experience was truly a visitation - I don't say call them supernatural because for me these issues are natural albeit not very commonplace.

I can sense you want to understand and to stop being sceptical - you want to know what's authentic. Getting there can be hard because there are a lot of stories put about by individuals who have little understanding or experience but don't know that.

The web is awash with nonsense. It's your choice - heed that or consider what I've offered.

adamkade 06-01-2020 11:59 PM

My intuition jumps right up and says: spirits talk to everyone all the time. It's just that not everyone is listening.

My reasons says: I don't know. I have always had the ability to listen with my mind the words of spirits. For me it is about frequency. There was a time when I could only hear angels. It took some time to be able to hear "normal" spirits.

It is also important to listen to physical people. It is surprising how many people don't actually listen to each other in the physical world.

With all the people I have taught, the common theme is that they were all able to talk with spirits, just not in the way that they thought.

The thoughts within the mind are projected from the mind into the mind of another. Of course, spirits talk with their minds because they have no physical construct. So quieten your mind and notice all the thoughts that come into your mind. I suspect that you pick up on others thoughts often. You possible just didn't know how to discern the thoughts which are from yourself and the thoughts that come from without you.

adamkade 07-01-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Mediumship is very deceitful. Some years ago this mdium person told me I'm being followed by the benevolent ghost of some small boy she assumed was my brother, which makes no sense because I have no siblings to begin with.

I don't believe in anything supernatural. Spirits and ghosts are not supernatural they are part of reality. It is not a big thing. At least for me it isn't. It is good that you are conscious of spirits, or the possibility of spirits. Its all good. Most people spent most of their lives not aware of any of it, or in denial of it.

You are aware. Ask the great Divine to reveal the truth to you. The problem with most people is that they are afraid to admit they simply do not know the answer.

Most people think they know the answer to something and so when they are asking they are not really asking because when you ask you come from a place of "I really don't know". When you don't know something you donot whether, "yes" there are spirits, or, "no" there aren't spirits.

Wipe the slate clean and come to yourself from yourself. Say: "Divine, reveal to me the truth. Are Spirits real?" If you truly ask and truly want to know the answer. Then within seven days the truth will be revealed.

I did this twenty years ago. Though it wasn't whether spirits existed. It was whether God existed. I asked God to reveal to me himself incontrivertably and I gave God seven days. I thought to myself that if there was a God then he would have to be all knowing and have all knowledge and power, and that if he wasn't able to reveal himself to me within that time frame that he couldn't be all powerful and that therefore he could not be God.

Needless to say. He revealed to me himself. I have never looked back since. Also I had the key to all knowledge. I simply did the same process with every other question.

leadville 07-01-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkade
My intuition jumps right up and says: spirits talk to everyone all the time. It's just that not everyone is listening.

Don't be too dismissive - folk often don't know how to listen and need to be shown/taught. And as with all other attributes, some individuals' attributes will be more pronounced than others. We're all different.... And not all discarnates spend all their time trying to communicate with incarnates.

Quote:

My reasons says: I don't know. I have always had the ability to listen with my mind the words of spirits. For me it is about frequency. There was a time when I could only hear angels. It took some time to be able to hear "normal" spirits.

You are privileged to be gifted. Remember not everyone enjoys a similar privilege.

Quote:

It is also important to listen to physical people. It is surprising how many people don't actually listen to each other in the physical world.

agreed

Quote:

With all the people I have taught, the common theme is that they were all able to talk with spirits, just not in the way that they thought.

I say 'communicate' rather than talk. :wink:

Quote:

The thoughts within the mind are projected from the mind into the mind of another. Of course, spirits talk with their minds because they have no physical construct. So quieten your mind and notice all the thoughts that come into your mind.

Some will be your own; others may be from discarnate communicators. The 'trick' is learning which are which....:wink:

Quote:

I suspect that you pick up on others thoughts often. You possible just didn't know how to discern the thoughts which are from yourself and the thoughts that come from without you.

Quite but it should also be remembered that 'picking up' thoughts in such ways doesn't automatically mean they're relevant to you.

adamkade 07-01-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

The question is not: "If ghosts are real they wouldn't need those few 'special' people to get their message across."

For me the question is: why I am able to pick up on the thoughts of spirits and others are not able to? I would love to know the answer to that one

leadville 07-01-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

The question is not: "If ghosts are real they wouldn't need those few 'special' people to get their message across."

For me the question is: why I am able to pick up on the thoughts of spirits and others are not able to? I would love to know the answer to that one

The answer is simple. We're all different. Your difference is in being able to pick up the thoughts of discarnate individuals. Others may be gifted in ways you aren't. Each of us is unique.

adamkade 07-01-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadville
The answer is simple. We're all different. Your difference is in being able to pick up the thoughts of discarnate individuals. Others may be gifted in ways you aren't. Each of us is unique.

Thank you for your insights. Much appreciated.

I wonder though. I think everyone can be a meduim for themselves. What do you think?

Dargor 07-01-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

I don't believe in anything supernatural. Spirits and ghosts are not supernatural they are part of reality. It is not a big thing. At least for me it isn't. It is good that you are conscious of spirits, or the possibility of spirits. Its all good. Most people spent most of their lives not aware of any of it, or in denial of it.

You are aware. Ask the great Divine to reveal the truth to you. The problem with most people is that they are afraid to admit they simply do not know the answer.

Most people think they know the answer to something and so when they are asking they are not really asking because when you ask you come from a place of "I really don't know". When you don't know something you donot whether, "yes" there are spirits, or, "no" there aren't spirits.

Wipe the slate clean and come to yourself from yourself. Say: "Divine, reveal to me the truth. Are Spirits real?" If you truly ask and truly want to know the answer. Then within seven days the truth will be revealed.

I did this twenty years ago. Though it wasn't whether spirits existed. It was whether God existed. I asked God to reveal to me himself incontrivertably and I gave God seven days. I thought to myself that if there was a God then he would have to be all knowing and have all knowledge and power, and that if he wasn't able to reveal himself to me within that time frame that he couldn't be all powerful and that therefore he could not be God.

Needless to say. He revealed to me himself. I have never looked back since. Also I had the key to all knowledge. I simply did the same process with every other question.

I gave God more than seven days. I used to be a Christian, until at some point he proved to me that he doesn't exist. Or that he doesn't care. Yes, I've already asked whatever thing is out there to reveal the truth to me. For many years I have prayed, without results.

How did he reveal himself to you? I hope you'll come up with something better than 'because the bible says so' because that kind of answer isn't going to change my mind in a billion years.

leadville 08-01-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Thank you for your insights. Much appreciated.

I wonder though. I think everyone can be a meduim for themselves. What do you think?

What I think you might be asking is whether an individual can communicate in a similar way to that used by a medium. That would simply be trans-dimensional communication and for some individuals that can, and does, happen. But I doubt it could happen for everyone.

There's an old saying that mediums are born and not made. If one's 'ability' to communicate emerges - even if it's not recognised for years or even decades - then it's likely/possible it's there from birth. And nobody can prove any different. :wink: :smile:

leadville 08-01-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

I gave God more than seven days. I used to be a Christian, until at some point he proved to me that he doesn't exist. Or that he doesn't care. Yes, I've already asked whatever thing is out there to reveal the truth to me. For many years I have prayed, without results.

How did he reveal himself to you? I hope you'll come up with something better than 'because the bible says so' because that kind of answer isn't going to change my mind in a billion years.

Being a Christian means nothing to the creative energy we call 'God'. And it's not a 'he' or a 'she' so you're not giving a meaningful ultimatum as you can to someone in this dimension.

The way prayers to God can work will vary person to person and what is being asked. I don't know what you asked or what you had hoped for but maybe it simply was not realistic or practical?

Dargor 08-01-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Being a Christian means nothing to the creative energy we call 'God'. And it's not a 'he' or a 'she' so you're not giving a meaningful ultimatum as you can to someone in this dimension.

The way prayers to God can work will vary person to person and what is being asked. I don't know what you asked or what you had hoped for but maybe it simply was not realistic or practical?

How do you know being a Christian means nothing to him? Has God personally told you that when he visited you for a cup of tea?

Prayers don't work at all. What I asked is too personal to mention to a stranger on the internet, but I can quite assure you it was something very serious and concerning. For your information, no. I didn't ask for superpowers or my very own pet unicorn.

leadville 08-01-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

How do you know being a Christian means nothing to him? Has God personally told you that when he visited you for a cup of tea?

Prayers don't work at all. What I asked is too personal to mention to a stranger on the internet, but I can quite assure you it was something very serious and concerning. For your information, no. I didn't ask for superpowers or my very own pet unicorn.

How do I know? You likely wouldn't get how I know while you're still thinking about and referring to God as 'him', apparently still seeing God as an individual or a single entity. I don't but many others I 'speak' to also see God similarly to yourself.

I wouldn't ask you to publicly disclose anything very personal that you prayed for but without knowing that I can't comment about why your prayers have not been answered; or maybe why they've not been answered in a way you recognise.

On a final point, does your username indicate anything about your approach to matters spiritual, to prayer etc.?

Dargor 09-01-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

How do I know? You likely wouldn't get how I know while you're still thinking about and referring to God as 'him', apparently still seeing God as an individual or a single entity. I don't but many others I 'speak' to also see God similarly to yourself.

I wouldn't ask you to publicly disclose anything very personal that you prayed for but without knowing that I can't comment about why your prayers have not been answered; or maybe why they've not been answered in a way you recognise.

On a final point, does your username indicate anything about your approach to matters spiritual, to prayer etc.?

I think I got it. Your version of God is like the ''Force'' of Star Wars. He/it is everywhere and inside everyone. But does it really matter in the end how one views God? Because it seems just like different versions of an imaginary character because so far no one has proven their version of God to be the real one. You claim your version of God is true because he revealed himself to you in some way. Yet, a fundamental Christian would tell you the same thing.

Let me tell you that the things I have prayed for isn't wealth or fame. It has more to do with my future, which seems to fall apart if this keeps going on. I've tried to use everything within my own power to bring change, but unfortunately, powerlessness exists. Now, I believe I've spilled enough secrets desipite not having told you everything.

As for your question, you're not the only one who asked. My username is just the name of a song because I lack the patience for insignificant things like this.

leadville 09-01-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

I think I got it. Your version of God is like the ''Force'' of Star Wars. He/it is everywhere and inside everyone. But does it really matter in the end how one views God? Because it seems just like different versions of an imaginary character because so far no one has proven their version of God to be the real one. You claim your version of God is true because he revealed himself to you in some way. Yet, a fundamental Christian would tell you the same thing.

Still you speak about he and an imaginary character and what you say about my "version of God" is your imagination at work. Neither did I say 'he' had revealed 'himself' to me. I will still say that it does matter how one views God because it clearly can constrain one's appreciation of this life-creating energy.

Quote:

Let me tell you that the things I have prayed for isn't wealth or fame. It has more to do with my future, which seems to fall apart if this keeps going on. I've tried to use everything within my own power to bring change, but unfortunately, powerlessness exists. Now, I believe I've spilled enough secrets despite not having told you everything.

There is something else you're either not aware of or not considering - that of the plan you will have made for yourself before you incarnated. I have no idea what you planned and neither do you but we do plan for ourselves certain experiences. Granting a prayer for something that negatively changed your planned outcome would probably not be favored - for your sake.

Quote:

As for your question, you're not the only one who asked. My username is just the name of a song because I lack the patience for insignificant things like this.

Doesn't that tell YOU something important about yourself?

On a further note, all the above isn't something that came from my being part of any particular structure or organisation. Elsewhere you'll find me writing about Spiritualism but that philosophy didn't teach me what I've suggested to you above. I've worked my way to this point in various ways over three decades. Prayer was part of those ways but I didn't understand or accept that for a very long time and the prayer and its outcome wasn't conventional. Prayer may not work in the way we think....

Dargor 09-01-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Still you speak about he and an imaginary character and what you say about my "version of God" is your imagination at work. Neither did I say 'he' had revealed 'himself' to me. I will still say that it does matter how one views God because it clearly can constrain one's appreciation of this life-creating energy.

My mistake, I forgot I was talking to you instead of adamkade, who claims to have experienced God. On top of that, I suppose God is gender neutral then.

Quote:

There is something else you're either not aware of or not considering - that of the plan you will have made for yourself before you incarnated. I have no idea what you planned and neither do you but we do plan for ourselves certain experiences. Granting a prayer for something that negatively changed your planned outcome would probably not be favored - for your sake.

Heard that theory so many times before. What evidence is there to suggest that I signed up for this nonsense? Unless my pre-birth version was some kind of a masochistic maniac, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any 'plans' for me whatsoever. The only reason why I'm here is because a couple in love weren't satisfied with each other and thought having a brat would fill the emptiness in their life. Well, I've outlived my usefulness and now I'm stuck here against my will.

Quote:

Doesn't that tell YOU something important about yourself?

Not really. I'm just not too keen on the cute stuff most people here pick as their username. We can't be all the same, can we?

leadville 09-01-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

My mistake, I forgot I was talking to you instead of adamkade, who claims to have experienced God. On top of that, I suppose God is gender neutral then.

God isn't a character, person or entity. Gender or gender neutrality does not apply.

Quote:

Heard that theory so many times before. What evidence is there to suggest that I signed up for this nonsense?

There is no evidence. If the notion doesn't appeal to your reason then it's simply not for you and you will need to look for understanding elsewhere.

Quote:

Unless my pre-birth version was some kind of a masochistic maniac, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any 'plans' for me whatsoever. The only reason why I'm here is because a couple in love weren't satisfied with each other and thought having a brat would fill the emptiness in their life. Well, I've outlived my usefulness and now I'm stuck here against my will.

I am beginning to understand your situation a little better and on a personal level I'm very sorry where life left you. I will not offend you by claiming that was your pre-birth plan. Elsewhere I have two members who both tell a similar story.
I've been with them for several years and I hope it gives you some hope for yourself when I tell you they have weathered similar storms that were their lives for many years. I sincerely hope you'll do the same. For them study, discussion or debate about spiritual/afterlife issues is much less important than just finding a way to cope with their problems and I've encouraged them along that path while they kept just a little in touch with the issues that first brought us together.

Now I know a little more about you I will draw back because otherwise it might seem I'm lecturing you or trying to tell you how to think and I'm not doing either.

I apologise if anything I've said came over that way or has upset you. :redface: :hug3:

Dargor 09-01-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

God isn't a character, person or entity. Gender or gender neutrality does not apply.

There is no evidence. If the notion doesn't appeal to your reason then it's simply not for you and you will need to look for understanding elsewhere.

I am beginning to understand your situation a little better and on a personal level I'm very sorry where life left you. I will not offend you by claiming that was your pre-birth plan. Elsewhere I have two members who both tell a similar story.
I've been with them for several years and I hope it gives you some hope for yourself when I tell you they have weathered similar storms that were their lives for many years. I sincerely hope you'll do the same. For them study, discussion or debate about spiritual/afterlife issues is much less important than just finding a way to cope with their problems and I've encouraged them along that path while they kept just a little in touch with the issues that first brought us together.

Now I know a little more about you I will draw back because otherwise it might seem I'm lecturing you or trying to tell you how to think and I'm not doing either.

I apologise if anything I've said came over that way or has upset you. :redface: :hug3:

You haven't really upset me. It's only somewhat annoying when someone assumes I've planned every little detail in my own life before birth because I got that a lot here, but at least you don't push it into others so I appreciate that.

leadville 09-01-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

You haven't really upset me. It's only somewhat annoying when someone assumes I've planned every little detail in my own life before birth because I got that a lot here, but at least you don't push it into others so I appreciate that.

I'm glad we're good. :hug3:

My personal take is that we DO plan for incarnate life and some of its experiences. But not all and I'm not persuaded that what we plan necessarily works out as planned anyway. The actions and omissions of others can - and do - impact what we had planned.

Over many years of study, contemplation and consideration of others' approaches I've worked my way slowly - often reluctantly and dragging my heels - into a grudging acceptance of what I now feel is broadly the situation. But I totally get that others will not see things my way - that's how it's been since I began this stuff 35 years ago so I'm kinda gettin' used to it! :D :wink: :smile:

leadville 09-01-2020 04:06 PM

Incidentally, SlayerOfLight, my wife's start in life was similar to your own, her parents adopting her for exactly similar reasons you say your parents had you. So first she was rejected and dumped by her biological parents and then abused and rejected by her adoptive ones.

For the first several years of our married life we struggled together to initially get her past the huge emotional abuse she'd experienced the whole of her previous life. Then we continued to struggle to get her through the consequent damage she was still suffering many years after we had married. Thankfully those times are in our past but the emotional scars are still evident.

Some parents have a lot to answer for, a lot to atone for, in the next phase of their spiritual journeys. :icon_frown:

Dargor 09-01-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Incidentally, SlayerOfLight, my wife's start in life was similar to your own, her parents adopting her for exactly similar reasons you say your parents had you. So first she was rejected and dumped by her biological parents and then abused and rejected by her adoptive ones.

For the first several years of our married life we struggled together to initially get her past the huge emotional abuse she'd experienced the whole of her previous life. Then we continued to struggle to get her through the consequent damage she was still suffering many years after we had married. Thankfully those times are in our past but the emotional scars are still evident.

Some parents have a lot to answer for, a lot to atone for, in the next phase of their spiritual journeys. :icon_frown:

I think there's a little misunderstanding, as I didn't want to badmouth my parents in any way. But realistically, they are to blame for me being stuck in this prison-like rotten world. They didn't take into account everything that could go wrong when deciding to have a spawn of their own... I'm still pretty sure that I'm not alive because I chose to, but because of the selfish desire of two people.

On top of that, good to hear your wife is doing fine with you now. She's lucky to have run into you.

leadville 10-01-2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

I think there's a little misunderstanding, as I didn't want to badmouth my parents in any way.

I was going on what you wrote and it sounded like you were angry at your parents' motives for having a baby, a baby who eventually became you.

Quote:

But realistically, they are to blame for me being stuck in this prison-like rotten world.

This is going to sting and you'll likely be angry at what I say but please remember I'm telling you only what I have told others. I'm not out to hurt you but this will be direct and honest. I know you'll likely reject what I say but I'll be failing us both if I don't say it.

Your parents are responsible for the way they brought you up and cared for you - or failed to care about you. They are not responsible for providing the opportunity you used to incarnate. They are not responsible for your being in this world but they may be responsible if they've failed to care for you the way they should have. You know the full story but I don't.

Quote:

They didn't take into account everything that could go wrong when deciding to have a spawn of their own...

I won't say you're wrong in believing as you do because you could be right - I just don't know. What I will say is that folk have kids for all manner of reasons or for none at all - they just happen along as a direct consequence of the hard-wired sex drive humans feel. Some parents plan carefully and bring their kids up as well as they can. Some don't...... My guess is that many parents don't consider (quote) "....everything that could go wrong when deciding to have spawn of their own." I'm not defending your parents just saying your accusation could apply to many other parents, perhaps most.

Quote:

I'm still pretty sure that I'm not alive because I chose to, but because of the selfish desire of two people.

I'm totally confident you did choose..... On 'my other website' we've discussed and debated this issue of choice. It also involved the guidance of a discarnate teacher. You are alive because you chose to incarnate into this particular world. I don't know what else you chose for your life experiences but nobody is forced to come here. I'm sorry if that hurts but I can't change it and I won't lie to make it easier.

Quote:

On top of that, good to hear your wife is doing fine with you now. She's lucky to have run into you.

Thank you but based on what I'm telling you it may not have been just "good luck". I won't make things fit and I have been reluctant and resistant to accepting about myself the same principle I've explained to you. But many years on I've accepted that no matter how far-fetched it seems, it doesn't make it untrue.

I'll discuss it with you if you wish, either here or elsewhere. If it offends your reason please reject what I've said.

Dargor 10-01-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

I was going on what you wrote and it sounded like you were angry at your parents' motives for having a baby, a baby who eventually became you.

This is going to sting and you'll likely be angry at what I say but please remember I'm telling you only what I have told others. I'm not out to hurt you but this will be direct and honest. I know you'll likely reject what I say but I'll be failing us both if I don't say it.

Your parents are responsible for the way they brought you up and cared for you - or failed to care about you. They are not responsible for providing the opportunity you used to incarnate. They are not responsible for your being in this world but they may be responsible if they've failed to care for you the way they should have. You know the full story but I don't.

I won't say you're wrong in believing as you do because you could be right - I just don't know. What I will say is that folk have kids for all manner of reasons or for none at all - they just happen along as a direct consequence of the hard-wired sex drive humans feel. Some parents plan carefully and bring their kids up as well as they can. Some don't...... My guess is that many parents don't consider (quote) "....everything that could go wrong when deciding to have spawn of their own." I'm not defending your parents just saying your accusation could apply to many other parents, perhaps most.

I'm totally confident you did choose..... On 'my other website' we've discussed and debated this issue of choice. It also involved the guidance of a discarnate teacher. You are alive because you chose to incarnate into this particular world. I don't know what else you chose for your life experiences but nobody is forced to come here. I'm sorry if that hurts but I can't change it and I won't lie to make it easier.

Thank you but based on what I'm telling you it may not have been just "good luck". I won't make things fit and I have been reluctant and resistant to accepting about myself the same principle I've explained to you. But many years on I've accepted that no matter how far-fetched it seems, it doesn't make it untrue.

I'll discuss it with you if you wish, either here or elsewhere. If it offends your reason please reject what I've said.

My parents haven't really failed me, especially my mother who made sure I'd have enough money to at least take care of myself. They aren't bad people in the long run. I'm just saying that deciding to have a spawn under any circumstances is purely a selfish motive. There is stuff going on that's beyond their control, which itself is also a risk when having kids. There are fates more miserable than death. You don't necessarily have to be dead to experience hell, as it is a state of being.

Believe what you want. I, on the other hand, am quite confident that I did not choose any of this nonsense. Rather, I'm more inclined to believe I was forced or blackmailed into this life. Hypothetically speaking, if what you say is true, then I can't wait to meet this so-called discarnate teacher again. In fact, I've already rehearsed everything I want to say and do to them, and I can quite assure you it won't be a pretty sight.

leadville 10-01-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

My parents haven't really failed me, especially my mother who made sure I'd have enough money to at least take care of myself. They aren't bad people in the long run. I'm just saying that deciding to have a spawn under any circumstances is purely a selfish motive. There is stuff going on that's beyond their control, which itself is also a risk when having kids. There are fates more miserable than death. You don't necessarily have to be dead to experience hell, as it is a state of being.

Believe what you want. I, on the other hand, am quite confident that I did not choose any of this nonsense. Rather, I'm more inclined to believe I was forced or blackmailed into this life. Hypothetically speaking, if what you say is true, then I can't wait to meet this so-called discarnate teacher again. In fact, I've already rehearsed everything I want to say and do to them, and I can quite assure you it won't be a pretty sight.

I've tried to address your issues point-by-point but your are very angry so I'll leave things at that before we fall out with each another. good luck

Dargor 10-01-2020 01:59 PM

Not angry at all, we just disagree. But I guess this is where we part ways then.

leadville 10-01-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Not angry at all, we just disagree. But I guess this is where we part ways then.

I didn't mean you are angry at me but perhaps angry at what I've said.

You appear angry at and frustrated by your parents, their behavior, their perceived attitude, their failure towards you; it's there in what you write and the way you write. I get all that but if you say you're not angry what adjective would you use to describe how you feel?

You are annoyed - can we agree that word? - that I said you weren't forced into your latest incarnation. I don't say such controversial things without being able to support and defend them but you are - of course - totally free to reject them. At that point it signals to me you don't want to go further with the conversation. :hug3:

Dargor 11-01-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

I didn't mean you are angry at me but perhaps angry at what I've said.

You appear angry at and frustrated by your parents, their behavior, their perceived attitude, their failure towards you; it's there in what you write and the way you write. I get all that but if you say you're not angry what adjective would you use to describe how you feel?

You are annoyed - can we agree that word? - that I said you weren't forced into your latest incarnation. I don't say such controversial things without being able to support and defend them but you are - of course - totally free to reject them. At that point it signals to me you don't want to go further with the conversation. :hug3:

Well realistically, at this point it'll just become a yes/no argument. You say that we chose our life before birth, I say that's one of the biggest bullsh#t out there I've ever heard. So, sorry about that. Let's just agree to disagree.