Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Types of mediums. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110714)

TonyG 16-02-2017 08:13 PM

Gracey thanks for your insight :smile:
And while I think of it, your science side, I should have realised with your Nikola Tesla avatar.

---

Lynn

Thinking of cards! I don't use them as much as I should but I do find them a good tool to help focus the mind when I do.
I like colour cards. I think it's because there is nothing but a colour, I'm not influenced by a picture, not that I let a picture influence me anyhow. My tutor at one of my circles knows I'll use the cards as a tool, and, as he says, not as they should be!
But, as I say, I get the results :wink:

I can mix & match what I do, as far as psychic & mediumistic goes, but I do make a conscious effort to work with one or the other.
I said in another thread that I find psychic work boring, but when working that way and people have that look about them that says how do you know that about me, I still get a little warm feeling and have to smile to myself.

I still have much to learn and I do take things serriously but when working in a mediumistic way I do find it uplifting and fun.
I'm always intrigued the various ways I get things, for example, in a reading recently I got a sense of cherry, I didn't see it, I didn't smell it and when I said this, which was a question to validate a connection, I was asked "there is something very distinct about this man", that's what I got, a sense of cherry. That's what I had to say, I have a sense of cherry and I found myself rubbing my fingers.
He smiled and said that the man I had connected to smoked cherry flavoured rolling tobacco.

I was puzzled afterwards thinking about it that I didn't smell it & rub my fingers, anyhow I got the result.
Strange how one day you get something one way and another day it could be exactly the same thing but you get it in another way, I wish they'd make up their minds :biggrin:

Can I ask you two what your favourite way to read is and what you are sometimes puzzled by?

lauterb 16-02-2017 11:01 PM

Dear All

Again a lot of misunderstanding about Medium and Psychic. We all are mediums, some dormant and others ostensive. What you called Psychic is a tipe of medium indeed!

Regarding Mediumship and types of Medium nothing better than below book:

www.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

Especially Chapters XIV, XV and XVI.

Good study!

Lynn 17-02-2017 12:58 AM

Hello

There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel. For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch. For me personally I have all 5 senses in play with it all.

There are times when a spirit or ghost will even take me to see and "feel" how they died. I have no control over this happening it just does but I too am never put in harms way.

I have the 6th sense in play too intuition that out side the brain path gut feeling is key to sorting things out more clearly. I too have precognitive visions and see things at times "no one wants to see or feel."

When I did my last large platform show someone asked me to share a day in the life of me....saying it would be "So cool to be you". When I finished he said he was shaking and going "Please God this is not for me". I too did not share a really scary event just a normal day.

So I get why some do not open to it all as "all" is a lot to take on. To walk in the Lightest of Light and the Darkest of Dark (what some call Demonic ) is not for everyone this is my World. I am called for this.

I remember my first "smell" event, I was 6 years old, at an open casket funeral. I remember (and it was not very nice ) telling my Dad the man smelled bad in the box.

Lynn

txsha 17-02-2017 02:39 AM

Wow, interesting stuff :) I don't consider myself a medium as its not something I do often, but I can communicate with the deceased, human or otherwise, when I am interested in speaking with them or the energy they left behind.

I once connected with an uncle I had only met once who passed away. I saw he was spending his afterlife near army camps because he apparently was in the army for many years of his life and he felt comfortable there.

I asked my mom who had met him many times before if that uncle had ever been in the army before. She said no. I asked my dad (the uncle was my dad's brother) and he said yes.

My mom asked me how I knew that and then said, oh yeah of course you could know things like that =D

Master Sun 17-02-2017 08:49 AM

I am not a medium. But I do able to communicate with the dead if needed.

Gracey 17-02-2017 03:53 PM

Can I ask you two what your favourite way to read is and what you are sometimes puzzled by?[/quote]

I have no particular way that is favorite to me. What puzzles me at times is people personality types. I have learned a lot about human behavior, motives and desires.

Gracey 17-02-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel. For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch. For me personally I have all 5 senses in play with it all.

There are times when a spirit or ghost will even take me to see and "feel" how they died. I have no control over this happening it just does but I too am never put in harms way.

I have the 6th sense in play too intuition that out side the brain path gut feeling is key to sorting things out more clearly. I too have precognitive visions and see things at times "no one wants to see or feel."

When I did my last large platform show someone asked me to share a day in the life of me....saying it would be "So cool to be you". When I finished he said he was shaking and going "Please God this is not for me". I too did not share a really scary event just a normal day.

So I get why some do not open to it all as "all" is a lot to take on. To walk in the Lightest of Light and the Darkest of Dark (what some call Demonic ) is not for everyone this is my World. I am called for this.

I remember my first "smell" event, I was 6 years old, at an open casket funeral. I remember (and it was not very nice ) telling my Dad the man smelled bad in the box.

Lynn

I was wondering if you did this in front of an audience. I have wondered what that would be like.

I was around 6 years old too when I had my first smell of death. It was cancer and I will never forget that smell.

Gracey 17-02-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauterb
Dear All

Again a lot of misunderstanding about Medium and Psychic. We all are mediums, some dormant and others ostensive. What you called Psychic is a tipe of medium indeed!

Regarding Mediumship and types of Medium nothing better than below book:

www.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

Especially Chapters XIV, XV and XVI.

Good study!

Thanks. I book marked the book and plan to read it in the near future.

TonyG 17-02-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel.For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch.

I suppose mine is on all the time too, but mostly I'm not aware of it. I think with me though it's because I spent so many years trying to block things out, trying to deny what I was seeing, I just wanted a "normal" life, I was one of those that considered "it" as a curse. Little did I know that “it” was actually on, and seeing what I saw was just a part of it.

The on switch, so to speak, I think of as when I'm about to conduct a reading, I change my awareness & make a conscious effort to tune into what's about to arrive.
In everyday life it's handy, it always has been, but back then I just thought everybody must just know things and sense life as I do, I never realised what I had wasn't the "norm, I just saw things I shouldn’t and didn’t want to, but why I saw them was unknown to me.

I suppose it's like you say above, there are so many levels we can sense & feel.

It’s taken a lot for me to be comfortable with it all, and it's taken lots of years, but now I am & I’m getting used to doing things with it, like readings, I’m enjoying it.
It’s like, because I’m using it, I’m in control.

I could go on, I can do that :D & comment on much of what you said but I’ll stop here for now & thank you for your insight, I enjoyed reading it :smile:

TonyG 17-02-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
What puzzles me at times is people personality types.

I can struggle with them too.
I have to admit I like the more buzzy, high energy connections, you just know they had a real zest for life. They can make you feel like you just want to high five the person you're reading for. Sadly I don't get enough of them.

That said, it's still early days for me, I'm sure as time goes by there will be plenty more to come :smile: