Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Quit vegetarianism because of tasty food combo (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121833)

naturewalker24 08-04-2018 03:34 PM

Quit vegetarianism because of tasty food combo

Lately the fast food industries glamour and smell have lured me in like a fish to tarter sauce at the world's most prestigious corporation.

Inspired by a recent purchase of a concoction that brought much spirituality to my life, consisting of a burger that takes a beefy, gleaming patty with a cheese melting off the side like a dog sticking its tongue out. Adding bacon, onion straws and the increasingly popular BBQ sauce. My palate could not resist the mouth-watering mixture of so many good items at once.

I waited a few hours, realizing I had this desire to make food that stacks multiple layers of disgusting ingredients of top of each other, which made me feel like I could create something that the smelly fast-food industry would feel they could market to children, teenagers and adults alike. Something that could be served in school cafeterias possibly.

It was so delectable, consisting of a creamy guacamole covered, caramel dripping, tangy dill bacon smothered, white cheddar/jalapeno cheese salami injected, mild and buttery buffalo chipotle ranch burger, with a heaping amount of onion, garlic, blueberries and kale, with a side of lavender kombucha and rosemary/almond infused greek yogurt.

"It was actually pretty tasty"

Tobi 09-04-2018 01:21 AM

Wow that did sound super tasty. It made me feel hungry. I had to go and get a sandwich haha

But poor pig. Poor Buffalo.....

naturewalker24 09-04-2018 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
Wow that did sound super tasty. It made me feel hungry. I had to go and get a sandwich haha

But poor pig. Poor Buffalo.....

Hi Tobi,

Thank you for the reply :smile:

I agree about the poor animals... meat is ubiquitous in our culture, but I notice when I don't eat it, I feel more self-aware, which leads me to understand other areas of life better. I sometimes wonder why we people began eating meat in the first place???

Debrah 09-04-2018 06:26 AM

You know, there are some things that should remain silently entombed in ones heart. Like if you were to cheat on your beloved and then giving in to your own sense of guilt and 'confessing your crime to her/him' because you just feel like you must finally be 'honest'. In reality that is the guilty party wanting someone else to share their pain or discomfort. Personally, I think if someone screws up like that, suck it up and carry your own pain by yourself and let your beloved have their happiness.....this thread reminds me of that. "I just had to confess....." Really? Why? Just don't do it again.

On the other hand, checked out your few posts and my suspicion is that you only posted to see if you could get a rise out of others who might care.

naturewalker24 09-04-2018 01:38 PM

I got a rise from eating blueberries this morning

Rah nam 09-04-2018 02:07 PM

Just eat what ever you like, no one has to proof anything to anyone.
And if you are ever ready to step away from animal products of any kind, you will know. It's that simple.

naturewalker24 09-04-2018 02:16 PM

Hey Rah,

Agreed. Animals products not the best. I also stay away from other products because of other reasons.garlic, onion, curry ,sage, rosemary and many other spices make my breath smell and make me feel pretty heavy. Greek yogurt and almonds terrible for your carbon footprint. Blueberries and strawbberies bad for my gastro intestinal system, but i love raspberries and natural apricots . also love oats. Beware of some newer brands of products, many of the old school ones like carrots are good. Cruciferous veggies like arugula kale and broccli also mess up my system, feels like I am eating meat.

naturewalker24 09-04-2018 04:38 PM

Why is sunflower such a common ingredient these days?

Tobi 10-04-2018 12:57 AM

Sunflower seeds are so nice and good for you. But it's probably better to find the organic ones. The mass-produced ones are most likely to be GMO, and most likely to have had maximum damaging impact on the environment too.

But sunflower seeds....yum.
Have you ever tried them toasted and sprinkled on baked beans? That adds a whole new dimension to cheap-o beans. :biggrin: Plus extra protein.
They are also great added to a bread mix.

naturewalker24 10-04-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
Sunflower seeds are so nice and good for you. But it's probably better to find the organic ones. The mass-produced ones are most likely to be GMO, and most likely to have had maximum damaging impact on the environment too.

But sunflower seeds....yum.
Have you ever tried them toasted and sprinkled on baked beans? That adds a whole new dimension to cheap-o beans. :biggrin: Plus extra protein.
They are also great added to a bread mix.

Sometimes I consider what a Sunflower is, and wonder why we consume such a beautiful thing...It just seems a bit odd to me.

:smile: Extra Protein...!
Strange how suddenly the food market is marketing food that has "more protein!". Bread is delicious, but so bad for the Sacral Chakra.

Also, it is not strange how MINT is in so many things, including our toothpaste. I try to find a toothpaste that does not have some kind of mint in it, including "Natural" toothpastes, and I can never locate any.
Especially after eating spit waffles from from a fine diner establishment.