Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The Shiva Forum (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110290)

Shivani Devi 03-08-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulGenesis
"For a soul "ad-hominem" doesn't exist."

There can only exist annoying nonsense... ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVzepkiNmQU

Namaste.

For years, Davidsun has been calling me names..."selfish"..."ignorant"..."inconsiderate".. ."stubborn"..."spoiled brat"...

I get the feeling that he don't like me very much, despite saying that he loves me.

Also, he still fails to realise that this is just me "being myself"and I love who I am and enjoy being this way and all the "name calling" under the sun ain't gonna change me...He should just give up and ignore me, but alas he does not.

So, to whom/what is he addressing? To whom/what is anybody addressing when they respond to me on this forum at a personal level?

As for The God and the Fly...I have already seen this and it is hilarious. LOL

Aum Namah Shivaya

Shivani Devi 03-08-2018 10:20 PM

Just by the by...

Here is how Lord Shiva deals with "annoying stuff"...

Is it any reason I love Him?
https://youtu.be/jSRBEPzci-o

Nature Grows 04-08-2018 12:17 AM

I basically wanted to get your take on the battle between The Devas and Asuras, these tails sound similar to the Norse gods with the Aesir and the Vanir, but they can also be seen as two universal forces aswell, it depends on the perspective with these stories but i wanted to get your take on that Shivani. and i might add to this aswell..

And also what you know about the God in hindu called Rahu.

Thanks.

Shivani Devi 04-08-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I basically wanted to get your take on the battle between The Devas and Asuras, these tails sound similar to the Norse gods with the Aesir and the Vanir, but they can also be seen as two universal forces aswell, it depends on the perspective with these stories but i wanted to get your take on that Shivani. and i might add to this aswell..

And also what you know about the God in hindu called Rahu.

Thanks.

Namaste.

I don't know anything about the Norse Gods, but from what I know about the Hindu Gods, the Devas and the Asuras will work together if there is a common goal to be reached, or a common problem to be solved, with the Asuras usually getting the pointy end of the stick.

For example, during the churning of the Milky Ocean (The Milky Way), both the Devas and the Asuras were after the same thing, the nectar of immortality and an agreement was reached that each side would get half, or neither would have agreed to co-operate in the first place.

Before the Immortal Nectar came out, a terrible poison called Halahala came out first and nobody except for Lord Shiva could dispose of it, so Lord Shiva drank it up and kept it in His throat, turning it blue.

However, when the elixir of immortality came up, the Asuras were duped by the Devas. The Devas did not want the Asuras to become immortal, so they took the Kumbh (jar) filled with the elixir and fled with it to Vishnuloka (Vishnu's planet) spilling a few drops on the way...and it is at these places, the Kumbh Mela is held.

Anyway, the Devas fled quickly to Vishnuloka, chased by the Asuras, but one Asura was faster than the rest and assumed the resplendent form of a Deva to get his share of the elixir of immortality and to bring some back for the rest of the Asuras.

Lord Vishnu wasn't stupid, however. He knew there was an infiltrator in the ranks..and the only way to find out who it was, would be to transform into the Goddess Mohini, because only the Devas were immune to her seductive charms...So with that, Lord Vishnu transformed into Mohini and started distributing the nectar of immortality among the Devas.

It wasn't long before she saw one drooling, eyes bulging and trying to chat her up...and so, with that, Mohini transformed back into Vishnu and decapitated the Asura with Sudarshan Chakra...He named the top half or the head "Ketu" and made it the moon's South descending node, and the bottom half..The body was named Rahu, or the moon's North ascending mode...when there is a lunar eclipse and the Earth crosses the sun's path, Hindus say that Rahu (often illustrated by a serpent) has "swallowed the moon".

Aum Namah Shivaya.

captainamerica 04-08-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You are more than welcome.:hug3:

Basically, in Hinduism, there are three main Deities, Viz Vishnu, Shiva and Shakti.

Other deities are worshiped as either avatars or children of these, according to a specific purpose.

Krishna and Rama are both avatars of Vishnu, Hanuman is said to be an avatar of Shiva, while Ganesha and Murugan are sons of Shiva and Shakti.

Basically, this is IT as far as Deity worship goes, with everything else being a "minor Deity" although Surya and Agni still get worshiped during the homa sacrifice and the planetary deities still get a look in during the Nav Graha Puja.

Brahma doesn't get worshiped because he fell out of favour with the rest of the gods.

Also, certain deities are worshiped for specific reasons..

For removing obstacles, Ganesha is worshiped.
For success in exams or in the arts, Saraswati is worshiped.
For luck or money, Lakshmi is worshiped.
For spiritual progress, Shiva is worshiped.

Maybe I am sharing too much at a time though..but yeah, I am like an old Hindu grandma with all the stories I know.:redface:

Aum Namah Shivaya

Sorry for the late post.

As a Hindu and an Indian I can confirm that you 100% right and we are taught the same things here since childhood.

Many people here still consider the holy trinity to be comprised of Brahma ji(the creator) ,Vishnu Ji(the preserver) and Shiv ji (the destroyer).

But Brahma ji is not worshiped like a main deity.

What do you think about Brahma ji ,Shivani Devi ji ?

If you are a Shiva Bhakta like me you will enjoy the practices and mantras found here :
https://www.prophet666.com/2012/01/shiva-mantras.html

SoulGenesis 04-08-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Just by the by...

Here is how Lord Shiva deals with "annoying stuff"...

Is it any reason I love Him?
https://youtu.be/jSRBEPzci-o

To be honest, i find it "awkward" and not spiritual at all. ;-)
My subjective approach is to let nature / Godess Kali do the job. :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/fDVQmbgKkE0?t=420

I'd consider Goddess Kali to be some sort of "femme fatale" which was helpful to myself, overcoming my own primitive instincts and helping me to enlighten (let the sunshine in). ;-)

SoulGenesis 04-08-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Sorry for the late post.

As a Hindu and an Indian I can confirm that you 100% right and we are taught the same things here since childhood.

Many people here still consider the holy trinity to be comprised of Brahma ji(the creator) ,Vishnu Ji(the preserver) and Shiv ji (the destroyer).

But Brahma ji is not worshiped like a main deity.

What do you think about Brahma ji ,Shivani Devi ji ?

If you are a Shiva Bhakta like me you will enjoy the practices and mantras found here :
https://www.prophet666.com/2012/01/shiva-mantras.html

Brahma doesn't even want to be worshiped, it's a intellectual thing that wants to be understood. The Bhakti movement and the rising importance of Shiva came from Islamic invasion, where many members of the lower caste converted to Islam. Bhakti is a way to keep them integrated in the Hindu cosmology, i.e. it is some sort of consciousness expansion. On the other hand Islam was influenced into Sufism, so that's also where the "Elephant" parable comes to play. Not to forget about the Sikh (which is a Hindu-Muslim mix) and the Baha'i faith.
By coincidence once I visited this site to find out about myself:
http://www.beliefnet.com/entertainme...iefomatic.aspx
Because I consider myself having very special views, I expected the computer to crash evaluating my answers. To my surprise it gave me 100% "liberal Quaker". Before I didn't know anything about Quakers, but then it was that they are Seekers like me, which is a phenomenological (open-ended) way of thinking. There is no end to the truth, but peace and certainty from a certain point, which is the "Alpha" that comes after the "Om-ega". ;-)

Shivani Devi 04-08-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

To be honest, i find it "awkward" and not spiritual at all. ;-)
My subjective approach is to let nature / Godess Kali do the job.

This all happened before Kali came on the scene...

Anyway, what I consider to be spiritual, is totally different to what everybody else does...this is what I have been trying say all along. I am Aghori myself and most people think I am either a Satanist or possessed by a demon out of their own fear.

Aum Namah Shivaya

SoulGenesis 04-08-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

This all happened before Kali came on the scene...

Anyway, what I consider to be spiritual, is totally different to what everybody else does...this is what I have been trying say all along. I am Aghori myself and most people think I am either a Satanist or possessed by a demon out of their own fear.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I am also ascetic, but just because I find no sense in anything else but preparing my consciousness for the afterlife. What is being done/worked/money maked here is in vain (ego-illusion). But I'm not preparing for eternal death but for paradise ("kingdom" of god). (-;

Shivani Devi 04-08-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

I am also ascetic, but just because I find no sense in anything else but preparing my consciousness for the afterlife. What is being done/worked/money maked here is in vain (ego-illusion). But I'm not preparing for eternal death but for paradise ("kingdom" of god). (-;

I am not worried about what comes after this...I exist for the moment..and what will be, will be. I trust that God will take my hand when the time comes, but I don't buy into the illusion either.