Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Where do I buy genuine gems online? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118742)

Nerina 27-11-2017 07:18 AM

Where do I buy genuine gems online?

I bought two faceted Amethysts a while back from a jewellery shop a while back. Although they were claimed to be authentic, they turned out to be nothing but dyed purple stones. Any reliable sites where I can get natural cabochons?

dream jo 27-11-2017 06:44 PM

hav u trys amazin .....................................

Lynn 28-11-2017 01:12 AM

Hello

That is a hard one. There are "Gem Testers" out there but you too have to trust in the store you get it from. With Amethyst jewelry a rule of thumb is is the purple color is really "dark" unless its old over 50 years most times that is dyed. When it comes to on line there are few that I have found I would trust.

Lynn

Reputable Metaphysical Gem Shops are the best source as their business relies on sourcing proper products.

Centered 28-11-2017 07:15 PM

I really like Ebay myself. I've gotten some fantastic deals there. Good luck.

FruitLoop 30-11-2017 11:06 AM

I think it depends on what you're buying and if it's specific or generic. You can get a wide variety of common tumbles and common stones from the likes of Ebay and Amazon without too much trouble. If you're looking for rare it can be more difficult. Trick is to buy within the means that are available to you in the local stores, or see if they can source them for you. I've purchased from Crystalage online and liked what I got, likewise for ebay but I look out for specific pictures of the stone I'll be buying and a good % from the seller.

Things like amethyst and citrine are often dyed, and you also have to look out for coloured howlites. Unless you're a newbie you'll probably be aware of this :)

Dude 06-12-2017 11:37 AM

Exquisite crystals Would be the only online site I would recommend these days they are based in America but do ship world wide.

2 of my fav sellers are on ebay but I do recommend caution on ebay. Buy a cheap test crystal first your familiar with to check first maybe.

Crystal canuck 06-12-2017 07:08 PM

I have had great luck with Ebay :smile: Almost all of my crystals come from there because you can shop all over the world and get crystals for a fraction of other sites or shops.

Most sellers are very good, even the ones from China. People keep saying there are lots of fakes there, but I haven't found any. If you do get a fake or broken crystal ebay will refund you.

itscamilleyo 08-12-2017 01:43 AM

If youre not really looking for something specific and are interested in adding some unique crystals to your collection, my absolute favorite online shop is Rocks for the Spirit, or rocksforthespirit.com. The owner is very kind, I believe she gets most of her sale items from gem shows, and I've LOVED everything I'd gotten from her!

girlsearching 24-12-2017 03:51 AM

I've always wanted a authentic Crystal hexagon necklace. I'm just cautious of buying Online.