Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Yawning during meditations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128586)

Reilly 21-03-2019 09:27 AM

Yawning during meditations

Hi All,

I’ve been practicing mediation for quite sometime now and although i’m Aware that ive not yet mastered clearing my mind these past few months ive sunddenly started yawning constantly. I’ve tried meditating at different times of the day but still keep yawning, even when i feel full of energy. I could yawn up to 10 times a minutes.

I know some people say that yawning is a sign that your vibrations are rising and your body is adjusting to it. Anyone else think this is the case?

I’m also a Reiki Master and through my journey I’ve found myself drawing symbols with my nose and then during treatments after my level 3 i also began yawning constantly. I’m a huge fan of Abraham-Hicks and I know that when Esther first began communicating with Abraham it was by drawing letters with her nose and the first time he spoke it felt like “yawning”.

Has anyone got any experience with this? I still continue to meditate and practice clearing my mind but feel completely drained during/right after.

Thanks in advance
Reilly

jdenina 21-05-2019 10:41 AM

Interesting! MAybe its some release of energy of some kind?

jason change 14-06-2019 05:51 AM

Hello, the only time i yawn when i meditate is when i'm tired. i've been meditating for 10 years now. when i am connected to source and feeling the flow of gratitude, joy, love etc, it is the most invigorating feeling ever. i've gone a whole night without sleep during trips abroad and if i can catch that connection to source, it's as if i didn't need sleep at all!

next time you meditate, really clear out your mind - listen to the sounds around you (or music) without judgement..stare into the blankness of your eyelids to block out any images. then think a thought of gratitude when you are clear and feel how energizing that feels : )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reilly
Hi All,

I’ve been practicing mediation for quite sometime now and although i’m Aware that ive not yet mastered clearing my mind these past few months ive sunddenly started yawning constantly. I’ve tried meditating at different times of the day but still keep yawning, even when i feel full of energy. I could yawn up to 10 times a minutes.

I know some people say that yawning is a sign that your vibrations are rising and your body is adjusting to it. Anyone else think this is the case?

I’m also a Reiki Master and through my journey I’ve found myself drawing symbols with my nose and then during treatments after my level 3 i also began yawning constantly. I’m a huge fan of Abraham-Hicks and I know that when Esther first began communicating with Abraham it was by drawing letters with her nose and the first time he spoke it felt like “yawning”.

Has anyone got any experience with this? I still continue to meditate and practice clearing my mind but feel completely drained during/right after.

Thanks in advance
Reilly

Starman 14-06-2019 07:24 AM

Yawning is usually the result of a lack of oxygen. Yawing does not necessarily mean that a person is tired,
it may just mean that person needs to blow off some excess carbon dioxide.

Yawning is the result of the body wanting to take in more oxygen. Lots of people slow down their breathing
when meditating, or if a person has and airway obstruction, such as people do with sleep apnea, their oxygen
intake may become decreased.

Although over time a person can condition themselves to use less oxygen. People who can stay underwater
without a breathing apparatus for long periods have often accomplished this. Being tired comes from a loss
of energy, and a loss of energy often comes from decreased oxygen intake. You don't get tired rather your
body gets tired.

I would recommend trying to do “the full yogic breath” on a regular basis before going into meditation. It will
help to expand the use of your lungs, and it might also energize you. You can look up the full yogic breath online
and they will have diagrams on how to do it.

Another thing that might help is putting live leafy green plants in the room where you meditate, as they
produce oxygen. Leaving the window open or making sure your meditation area is well ventilated might also help.

jagdish 30-09-2019 02:21 PM

first sleep then meditate:smile: