Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Out of Body Experience (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130336)

peaceistheanswer27 11-07-2019 12:39 AM

Out of Body Experience

Hello all,

I just registered a couple days ago because I came upon this site and it piqued my interest. I would like to tell a story of my out of body experience and hear from those who have had one as well ( or just opinions from anyone ). I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I'm a 33 year old male. About 4 years ago I went to bed. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The speed at which I rose from my bed and entered the bathroom caused my blood pressure to get out of whack. As I was standing in front of the toilet I could feel myself about to pass out. Next thing I know I'm in a black space. I look to my left and there is a figure dressed in a white robe with the hoodie part on it's head. There was a bright light coming from where it's face would be. It motioned next to it. As if it was telling me to do something. I look to the right of it and there is an oval mirror. I could see a blue sky and white clouds within the mirror. As I panned back to the figure and looked back at the mirror, I was floating towards the mirror. I didn't want to go but I had no choice. As I stepped inside the mirror, I awoke on my bathroom floor gasping for air. When I passed out, my head hit the edge of the wall behind me leaving a huge hole. The oxygen to my brain stopped. I know this because as I was gasping for air, I felt such a high. A high that no drug can produce. A high that only comes from losing oxygen to the brain then getting it back. The next morning I went online to see if I could find a photo of the figure I saw. I found one. And it was God. I about passed out again. I didn't know God was portrayed with a white robe and a light coming from his face. That experience has changed my life forever. I believe in my heart I saw him. And he brought me back when only medical devices should have. I've seen ancillary signs since that experience that confirms the experience was real. I'd like to hear what this community thinks.

Thank you

davidmartin 11-07-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peaceistheanswer27
Hello all,

I just registered a couple days ago because I came upon this site and it piqued my interest. I would like to tell a story of my out of body experience and hear from those who have had one as well ( or just opinions from anyone ). I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I'm a 33 year old male. About 4 years ago I went to bed. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. The speed at which I rose from my bed and entered the bathroom caused my blood pressure to get out of whack. As I was standing in front of the toilet I could feel myself about to pass out. Next thing I know I'm in a black space. I look to my left and there is a figure dressed in a white robe with the hoodie part on it's head. There was a bright light coming from where it's face would be. It motioned next to it. As if it was telling me to do something. I look to the right of it and there is an oval mirror. I could see a blue sky and white clouds within the mirror. As I panned back to the figure and looked back at the mirror, I was floating towards the mirror. I didn't want to go but I had no choice. As I stepped inside the mirror, I awoke on my bathroom floor gasping for air. When I passed out, my head hit the edge of the wall behind me leaving a huge hole. The oxygen to my brain stopped. I know this because as I was gasping for air, I felt such a high. A high that no drug can produce. A high that only comes from losing oxygen to the brain then getting it back. The next morning I went online to see if I could find a photo of the figure I saw. I found one. And it was God. I about passed out again. I didn't know God was portrayed with a white robe and a light coming from his face. That experience has changed my life forever. I believe in my heart I saw him. And he brought me back when only medical devices should have. I've seen ancillary signs since that experience that confirms the experience was real. I'd like to hear what this community thinks.

Thank you

wow thats amazing. i can't really reply to every aspect of this and others probably are better at summing up what they feel about your experience. but a few things struck me as significant (Actually the whole thing is very positive i would think)
The mirror as yourself,mirrors being our reflection and stepping into ourself, and your self was blue sky in there. that's very positive about yourself i think as suggesting you're looked on favourably by God.

the face of God being like light. gospel of thomas

Jesus said, "Images are visible to people, but the light within them is hidden in the image of the Father's light. He will be disclosed, but his image is hidden by his light.
it might as well say 'face' instead of 'image'

this probably means you have stuff he wants you to do and its really sounding like you're on the right track

Morpheus 12-07-2019 03:28 AM

WRONG FORUM.

This is the Christian Forum. Look around, there's an NDE and OBE forum.

muffin 12-07-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
WRONG FORUM.

This is the Christian Forum. Look around, there's an NDE and OBE forum.

Good afternoon Morpheus:smile:

Leave the kid alone they are doing no harm.

The mods will sort it out when they spot it. :wink:

Morpheus 12-07-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Morpheus:smile:

Leave the kid alone they are doing no harm.

The mods will sort it out when they spot it. :wink:

However, the gospel of thomas is not Christian Canon.

sky 12-07-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
However, the gospel of thomas is not Christian Canon.

Of course The Gospel of Thomas is Christian just as much as the NT.

davidmartin 12-07-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Of course The Gospel of Thomas is Christian just as much as the NT.

the Gospel of Thomas may be the source of Christian canon, if it was the source of Jesus sayings in Matthew, Mark and Luke! Sure, i'm doubtful of a couple of sayings... but most in there seem genuine
some Christians are happy to go outside the canon and some aren't. i definately am, because most Christians actually do in practise whenever they read a modern book or listen to a sermon, but to treat something like the GoT as less worthy of reading than say a reply on this forum by a random person is hard to follow. its an ancient text not something someone wrote 5 minutes ago :)

sky 12-07-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
the Gospel of Thomas may be the source of Christian canon, if it was the source of Jesus sayings in Matthew, Mark and Luke! Sure, i'm doubtful of a couple of sayings... but most in there seem genuine
some Christians are happy to go outside the canon and some aren't. i definately am, because most Christians actually do in practise whenever they read a modern book or listen to a sermon, but to treat something like the GoT as less worthy of reading than say a reply on this forum by a random person is hard to follow. its an ancient text not something someone wrote 5 minutes ago :)

I've been reading the Gospel of Philip and find it very enjoyable, I need to go over some parts a few times before I can digest them properly.

dream jo 12-07-2019 09:00 PM

iv had a few og o o u e i hav wear im in sub con but sea my slf in zzz modee ot so on

muffin 13-07-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
I've been reading the Gospel of Philip and find it very enjoyable, I need to go over some parts a few times before I can digest them properly.

Good afternoon sky :smile:

Hope your staying out trouble

Do you want to read me a bed side story, I can't get past page 10 :rolleyes: