Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   UK Crystal & Mineral Collectors forum? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115174)

Element 17-07-2017 09:35 PM

UK Crystal & Mineral Collectors forum?

Does anyone know of a forum online for UK crystal/mineral collectors? I have been hunting for one without success as yet, all I find are US based international ones...

I have recently collected 3 very rare Scottish Aquamarines in the Cairngorms & am trying to connect with other enthusiasts of the collecting scene to discuss them with...

TVM

Crystal canuck 18-07-2017 04:51 AM

I haven't seen any specific U.K based ones :icon_frown: In fact, forums about crystals and gemstones are very rare indeed. There are a few other forums on the net that have very little activity, like literally 1 or 3 posts from different members in a whole month :icon_frown:

This is really the only active crystal and gemstone forum I have found. Well O.K I found another one but it's really weird and sort of looks Satanic or what not, and I don`t want any part of that. The people on that forum make even the most extreme left wing thinkers on this forum look like normal boring people :smile: I mean that in a nice way.

Element 18-07-2017 11:59 AM

Yes - it seems strange that there are so few about; maybe it's a sign... I should start my own :smile:

TheGreenFairie 24-07-2017 05:08 PM

If you have Facebook, maybe you could join a crystal collectors group on there

Element 16-09-2017 06:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was searching the higher cliffs of the Cairngorms and found my beryl Aquamarines:

Then went back again at the beginning of September and found a load of Cairngorm Smokies and Morions together with some more Aquamarines in matrix... :smile:

Planning a trip to Mull for some Sapphires early next month...

Element 12-11-2017 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to get the best of my Aquamarines cut and polished... Here is a very rare thing - a Scottish Aquamarine polished to a Cabouchon ready to be the centre-piece in a Silver pendant. The Lapidary guy that cut & polished it told me that it is the first time he had ever seen Scottish Beryl & certainly the only one that has been cut & polished by their club (which has been going 60+ years).

dream jo 15-11-2017 11:37 PM

try amazn if u can

Element 30-11-2017 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the same stone in artificial light... It changes colour; an exceptionally rare thing in Beryl! Bluish outside in daylight, greenish indoors under halogen or fluorescent light. I had begun to think it was actually Chrysoberyl but sadly not.
Also a pic of it set into a Silver pendant...

StrandedSnowMonkey 30-11-2017 10:15 PM

Nice pendant! :)

Ciona 30-11-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Element
Managed to get the best of my Aquamarines cut and polished... Here is a very rare thing - a Scottish Aquamarine polished to a Cabouchon ready to be the centre-piece in a Silver pendant. The Lapidary guy that cut & polished it told me that it is the first time he had ever seen Scottish Beryl & certainly the only one that has been cut & polished by their club (which has been going 60+ years).

Omg that is so beautiful...