Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   People who don't believe in the afterlife... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54175)

Mazulu 19-07-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
My Dad was an Atheist. But he was a good man, talented, loving, devoted to his family, intelligent, good sense of humour, a musician. He played Chopin on the piano so exquisitely....no way could he be called "insane" !

By the way I do believe Sir David Attenborough (naturalist) is also an Atheist. Nutter? Don't think so. These people are entitled to the way they perceive things. It is possible that one day they may find out something different. But while they don't say they believe in God, they still live their lives in decent ways, and give a lot to the world.

I just get the impression that atheists are disconnected from the suffering of other human beings and have no concept of compassion or hope. I find atheists to be cold-hearted. Do you think I have the wrong idea about atheists?

Juanita 19-07-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaJohal
I fear Nothingness, always have done from such an early age.

Please, have no fear in that regard....There is definitely an afterlife...

Juanita 19-07-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Beautifully put, dear Juanita!

Thank you--sweet of you to say so.....:smile:

knightofalbion 19-07-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazulu
I just get the impression that atheists are disconnected from the suffering of other human beings and have no concept of compassion or hope. I find atheists to be cold-hearted. Do you think I have the wrong idea about atheists?

Wrong to make sweeping generalisations. There is potentially great good in everybody, no matter who they are.
Always one should seek to find that spark of goodness within and to kindle a light...

Tabby94 19-07-2013 12:26 PM

I would say the most nasty people I've come across were/are Atheists. But there are still nasty religious people, Spiritual people, those who profess to be so, tend to be the nicest, most empathetic and compassionate.

psychoslice 19-07-2013 09:23 PM

I find that the most intelligent people that i know are mainly atheist.

livingkarma 19-07-2013 09:54 PM

I find that the most intelligent people I know continue to develop themself spiritually ...

Robert, I guess I should abandon all hope of meeting you in the afterlife ...

psychoslice 20-07-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingkarma
I find that the most intelligent people I know continue to develop themself spiritually ...

Robert, I guess I should abandon all hope of meeting you in the afterlife ...

Why, you and I are already'ONE, we will always be ONE,'so where will you be?.

livingkarma 20-07-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why, you and I are already'ONE, we will always be ONE,'so where will you be?.

Robert, you snarky guy! :wink:
Australia is not in the heavens, believe it or not ...
So my astral plane will not take me from the USA to your back porch to listen to your book story in person ...
I'm too poor for any other kind of travel ...

My mentally deranged/challenged (joke) sister legally re-named herself to "Sydney" to allow others to know where her heart is even though she has never been there ...
There are so many things wrong w/that woman aside from being agnostic ...
*snort, snort*

psychoslice 20-07-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingkarma
Robert, you snarky guy! :wink:
Australia is not in the heavens, believe it or not ...
So my astral plane will not take me from the USA to your back porch to listen to your book story in person ...
I'm too poor for any other kind of travel ...

My mentally deranged/challenged (joke) sister legally re-named herself to "Sydney" to allow others to know where her heart is even though she has never been there ...
There are so many things wrong w/that woman aside from being agnostic ...
*snort, snort*

He He, yes so true Australia isn't in the heavens, as any country isn't, but within our selves is where heaven is, nothing to do with geographical places on a map.

Hey!, what is wrong with being a agnostic ???????.:smile: