Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Old testament vs new testament. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94522)

Curious-one 06-12-2015 09:16 PM

Old testament vs new testament.

What do old testament Jews, feel about new testament saved Christians? I love Isreal, but I do not know why? I am drawn to, "when saved I am a spiritual Jew"? Is this thought from God or Satan?

Adam and Eve chose sin instead of truth over God, Eve said, she was ? over it. The letter (?) means I do not remember her answer. Both Adam and Eve I believe were intelligent, but maybe misunderstood what God meant? Curious-One

RabbiO 07-12-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious-one
What do old testament Jews, feel about new testament saved Christians? I love Isreal, but I do not know why? I am drawn to, "when saved I am a spiritual Jew"? Is this thought from God or Satan?

Adam and Eve chose sin instead of truth over God, Eve said, she was ? over it. The letter (?) means I do not remember her answer. Both Adam and Eve I believe were intelligent, but maybe misunderstood what God meant? Curious-One

You apparently have little or no knowledge about Judaism or Jews. That is certainly not a hanging offense, but it means we're going to have to tackle this step by step.

L'shalom,

Peter

Curious-one 09-12-2015 08:14 PM

Difference between.

Peter,
Happy it is not a hanging offense :smile: . What's the first step? Paul

Curious-one 12-12-2015 05:33 PM

Peter,
Where did you go? Paul Curious One

Curious-one 13-12-2015 09:45 PM

How can the Jews state that Jesus was not the messiah, because he was the only one Rabbi, to raised the dead and walk on the water? Curious-One

ObServant 14-12-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

How can the Jews state that Jesus was not the messiah, because he was the only one Rabbi, to raised the dead and walk on the water? Curious-One

I would say, because there is no proof he was raised from the dead or that he walked on water. People who believe those stories are called Christians - not Jews.

Curious-one 14-12-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObServant
I would say, because there is no proof he was raised from the dead or that he walked on water. People who believe those stories are called Christians - not Jews.

ObServant,
True. I was using my thoughts as to what I believe according to the KJV of the bible. I saw where the Jews believe Jesus was not the messiah by the old testament. By the old and new testament I do believe The Jesus Christ was the Messiah. I was touched by God twenty five years ago and never got over it. I am not judge and jury on what one believes, but only for myself.

I believe the old and new testament. I am a Gentile who was saved and now I am a Christian. I also believe when a Gentile or any race that is saved is a spiritual Jew. I use the word spiritual. I believe in my mind heart that Jesus is the Messiah and I am a spiritual Jew. All I know is I love Isreal, but I do not know why except I do and this worries me.

I am not affiliated with any church. I meant no harm, just trying to find out why I love Isreal so much? Is it possible to believe the old and new testament? Curious-One :confused:

sky 14-12-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

ObServant,
True. I was using my thoughts as to what I believe according to the KJV of the bible. I saw where the Jews believe Jesus was not the messiah by the old testament. By the old and new testament I do believe The Jesus Christ was the Messiah. I was touched by God twenty five years ago and never got over it. I am not judge and jury on what one believes, but only for myself.

I believe the old and new testament. I am a Gentile who was saviked and now I am a Christian. I also believe when a Gentile or any race that is saved is a spiritual Jew. I use the word spiritual. I believe in my mind heart that Jesus is the Messiah and I am a spiritual Jew. All I know is I love Isreal, but I do not know why except I do and this worries me.

I am not affiliated with any church. I meant no harm, just trying to find out why I love Isreal so much? Is it possible to believe the old and new testament? Curious-One :confused:

You can believe what you choose to believe, understanding will come together when the time is right :smile:

ObServant 15-12-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

I was using my thoughts as to what I believe according to the KJV of the bible.

That is a Christian book. Christians and Jews are not the same thing, although both religions have the same roots - along with Islam.

You can, of course, believe whatever you wish - but if you do believe that Jesus was the Messiah you are a Christian and not a Jew.

RabbiO 08-01-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Peter,
Where did you go? Paul Curious One

Sometimes both the demands of family and the obligations I have to others necessitates that I post infrequently.

L'shalom,

Peter