Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   any spiritualists here?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=989)

mac 10-11-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiecat
That is what I don't get about Christian churches....they say that we must strive to be like Christ, but forbid us to do the things he did! I don't get it.

I also don't understand why in the OT, scriptures like Deuteronomy 18 forbid visits to mediums and psychics and deem it an abomination...when Christ himself did these things...Isn't that exactly what the Three Wise Men were? These are contradictions that severely bother me. And when I ask a devout Christian these things, they are normally speechless and need to pick their chins up off the floor. Some tell me that I should not ponder such things, and that it's the devil tempting me. But I disagree. I think that all Christians should be asking these questions.

I don't see why anyone would choose to be a Christian if they have such fundamental concerns about its teachings.....

Alternatives are readily available without such concerns.

It's down to choice - nobody has to go down any path which doesn't ring true for them.

mac 10-11-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiecat
Oh, btw, thanks for the welcome. I think I will stick around. :-)

I hope you'll also contribute if it's where you decide you want to be?

becomingshaman 10-11-2010 01:29 AM

I was raised a very strong Christian, and have been one for most of my adult life. In the past few years, I've been asking a lot of questions about the Christian faith. I don't have answers...but I feel okay asking the questions. My background is very conservative, so a fear of Hell makes it really hard to even think about asking questions, you know?

Anyway, I am sympathetic with those who identify as Christians but who lean towards spiritual things outside the "approved" kind.

Lovely 10-11-2010 01:34 AM

I was raised this way. I have had many spiritual experiences for as long
as I can remember and my mom read many books on the subject. I also
have a family friend who does too and they both talked about the
subject with me.

mac 10-11-2010 08:35 PM

As a polite reminder, this is the 'Spiritualism' forum which is not just spirituality or, quote: "spiritual experiences", "spiritual things", "Christianity" etc.

Other forums appropriate for discussing Christianity and general spirituality, spiritual progression etc. are readily available on this wonderful SF website.

Katiecat 11-11-2010 02:08 PM

I've been reading about Spiritualism, and beliefs on a specific church's website, that seems to offer more than the other websites that I have seen...and I have taken notes. I really like what I am reading, and it resonates very well with me. If anyone is interested in checking out this website, the addy is: http://www.fst.org/ The side bar has Topics...and when you click on certain ones, even more topics come up. It does have that Christian slant, that mac mentions. I actually think I'm starting to see the "big picture," and am putting some of the ideas I was raised with in proper perspective.

autumnchilde 11-11-2010 08:37 PM

Hi all, Im a spiritualist, I felt a pull to them about a two years ago during the dreg ends of a relationship I felt a tremendous urge to visit a psychic and saw one a mind, body spirit faire the entire time thinking I was being so stupid for going. In fact I almost walked out but I suddenly took the plunge and saw her, had an amazing reading. Suddenly I felt like I could see what was really going on and found myself searching spiritualism on the net found a nearby church and went to a sunday service. almost a year has gone by and im still going most sundays, love going, hardlly get a reading but I find comfort and relaxation and a sense of calm there. Love the services, hate the singing (why are hymns always in such a high key...lol).

glenos 14-11-2010 10:28 PM

The hymns... dire sometimes too aren't they. I wanna say oi, where's the uplifting ones.lol

Katiecat 14-11-2010 11:40 PM

I'm hoping to have enough gas money to attend the Tuesday class at the Spiritualist church I went to last Saturday.

glenos 15-11-2010 07:51 AM

Hi K. Lets hope you get the gas money!
I'm not too sure as to how many Spiritualist churches there are near you but in the UK there's dozens and dozens. If you win the Lotto get yourself over here. You could do a different one every night :0)

G