Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Heart break (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133405)

janielee 10-01-2020 06:09 AM

Heart break

How do you deal with heart break, not your own per se, but in witnessing the sadness of another?

BigJohn 10-01-2020 06:15 AM

Depends on what the issue(s) is/are.

sky 10-01-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
How do you deal with heart break, not your own per se, but in witnessing the sadness of another?

Everyone deals with heartbreak differently JL, there is no ' one way for all '
I personally find it's very difficult to witness the pain and sadness of others because I feel that no matter what I do or say is inadequate, but then I think that I am being egoistic because it shouldn't be about me...
I have found that just flowing with my own heartbreak /pain, not wasting my energy trying to stop it then I can use my resources to help the other person/persons deal with their heartbreak /pain.
Just being there for them 100% surely must be a comfort...

Unseeking Seeker 10-01-2020 09:37 AM

If the consciousness of the other does so allow
We may suggest that they follow
The pulse of pain getting to the cause
Being not in the event but forgetfulness to pause
Their attachments in the domain ephemeral mind body begot
Suffering being but self inflicted pain magnified by thought

hazada guess 10-01-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee

just be there for them and listen to them.

Native spirit 10-01-2020 12:49 PM

Being there for them letting them know they are not Alone. being a shouldr to cry on, and support them

Namaste

Dargor 10-01-2020 12:56 PM

I don't mind lending others a hand (as long they would do the same to me) but I'm afraid heartbreak is beyond my power to fix. Not too keen on getting involved in the drama of other people, as I've already got my own hands full.

inavalan 10-01-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
Being there for them letting them know they are not Alone. being a shouldr to cry on, and support them

Namaste

I agree.

Gently, and attentive to the sufferer's needs, not how you "know" to be better.

janielee 11-01-2020 03:29 AM

Thanks friends

I feel my own break so often at the pain in the world

Jyotir 11-01-2020 02:33 PM

Oneness and empathy with others, both in their suffering - but also in their joy, and appreciation of qualities and achievements - is an advanced quality.
But so is detachment.

There has to be cultivated, a resolute faith in God/Highest Self/Buddha Nature, etc., ; the infallible execution in support of all possibility, opportunity, karma, transformation, and consequence according to the general evolution and unique individual will of each being.

~ J