Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Babylon (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95264)

Curious-one 23-12-2015 04:15 PM

Babylon

Where is the future Babylon, in Europe or the United States? I heard the United States. Some say we are in the last days, are we? Curious-One :confused:

kjw47 23-12-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious-one
Where is the future Babylon, in Europe or the United States? I heard the United States. Some say we are in the last days, are we? Curious-One :confused:

Babylon the great = worldwide false religions--99% of them are false, including 99% claiming to be Christian.

ianalexanderr 24-12-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjw47
Babylon the great = worldwide false religions--99% of them are false, including 99% claiming to be Christian.

There are two players as described by Prophecy:

The Harlot, and the Beast.

The Harlot/***** is a false spiritual system. The Beast is a corrupt political system. Babylon would be the region/world power where the two are most established and working together - The Harlot in essence, riding the Beast.

There are many candidates. The Vatican seems a perfect fit for the Harlot
And America a good match for the "Beast"
But who knows

kjw47 24-12-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianalexanderr
There are two players as described by Prophecy:

The Harlot, and the Beast.

The Harlot/***** is a false spiritual system. The Beast is a corrupt political system. Babylon would be the region/world power where the two are most established and working together - The Harlot in essence, riding the Beast.

There are many candidates. The Vatican seems a perfect fit for the Harlot
And America a good match for the "Beast"
But who knows

Riding the beast = untaxed religions
Yes Revelation shows--every govt on earth is corrupt and will be mislead into standing in opposition to Gods king. Rev 16--Rev 19:17-19)
99% of all religion is false=Babylon the great. 99% on earth are being mislead.

sky 24-12-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Riding the beast = untaxed religions
Yes Revelation shows--every govt on earth is corrupt and will be mislead into standing in opposition to Gods king. Rev 16--Rev 19:17-19)
99% of all religion is false=Babylon the great. 99% on earth are being mislead.

Which 1% are correct do you think ?

Simon_Templar 24-12-2015 04:10 PM

I always thought London was the city thought the "*****".

kjw47 24-12-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Which 1% are correct do you think ?

The one that actually teaches what Jesus taught, and listened to him by being--no part of this world.

sky 24-12-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

The one that actually teaches what Jesus taught, and listened to him by being--no part of this world.

But thats just your opinion :smile: , others might disagree. Is it not better to leave people to find God in their own way, we don't need religion to find God. Having the opinion that your religion is the right one has caused so much brutality and still does even today.

Being ... no part of this world is rather difficult when this world is where we are for the time being.

windywherever 24-12-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianalexanderr
There are many candidates. The Vatican seems a perfect fit for the Harlot And America a good match for the "Beast"
But who knows

I'd suggest the Vatican would be better suited for the role of False prophet. The Beast will almost certainly be Russia (currently represented by a Bear as it's national animal), aided by China (currently represented by a dragon as it's national animal).

Prophecy often says more than one thing at a time, and I believe something similar happens with the Babylone the prostitute. I believe it is referring to the spiritual destruction of greed in the world at the battle of Armageddon, but that it is also referring to an earlier battle between worldly Kingdoms. The prophecy says Babylon "sits" on the "red" Beast, but that the Beast eventually turns against the prostitute and destroys her, with the help of 10 kings, thereby gaining control of the world (Rev 17:16-17).

I suggest that Babylon the prostitute represents America (represented by an eagle as it's national animal).

American capitalism (the love of money) is currently "sitting on" world communism. That is, America has the upper hand for the moment. If you read read the description of Babylon from Revelation 18 you'll notice that nearly the entire chapter talks about materialism. Babylon is a "great city which sits as a queen and reigns over the nations of the earth". All the merchants, shipping captains and business men of the Earth were made rich by her materialism.

The pride. The materialism. In all of history I don't think there is a better fit than America for the description found in Rev 18. If America were the Beast and the Vatican Babylon, there would be no motive for America to destroy the catcholic Church. It simply would not make any sense either politically or economically.

However, if Russia is the Beast and America Babylon, there would be a huge motivation for Russia to destroy America. The United Nations security counsel current has 5 permanent members and 10 rotating members.

The 5 permanent members are Russin, China, USA, England, and France. These countries represent themselves by these animals, Bear, Dragon, Eagle, Lion, Rooster, respectively.

The ten rotating members are a collection 2nd and 3rd world countries which rotate in and out of the security counsel every few years.

If a Russia/China alliance, assisted by the 10 members of the rotating counsel, could destroy America, then England and France would be powerless to stop a take-over in the power vacuum left behind.

If you read Daniel 7:3-8 you'll find all the animals represented by the UN security counsel found in Daniel's description of the final world empire. He says the Eagle's wings were "plucked" and the lion was given the heart of a man (i.e. no longer a "Beast" or world empire" and the wings of the foul simply act as an appendage on the back of the Beast.

In that same passage he describes a Bear with three "ribs" in it's mouth and instructed to devour much flesh. He describes three horns being plucked up.

America "plucked" and neither England or France able to do anything about it afterwards.

The Revelation gives much the same description of this final world empire, using the same animal symbolism, except the eagle is missing. Revelation 13:2.

There's some other prophecy stuff in Jeremiah about God using a Bear to attack a rebellious nation over the North Pole; which is exactly what would happen if Russia were to launch a surprise nuclear strike at America. I'm not advocating panic or paranoia, but I do think a serious and rational approach to prophecy will show that there is a very real chance of that happening.

All of this prophecy about "beasts" and world powers are conspicuously similar to how world politics is shaping up today.

kjw47 24-12-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
But thats just your opinion :smile: , others might disagree. Is it not better to leave people to find God in their own way, we don't need religion to find God. Having the opinion that your religion is the right one has caused so much brutality and still does even today.

Being ... no part of this world is rather difficult when this world is where we are for the time being.

Learning what Jesus meant by being no part of this world is a wise path to pursue. Yes we all are in the world, but do not have to partake of the things that God dislikes.
Brutality is only found in the false religions.
Not one mortal can understand the deep things of God without being taught by the real teachers who belong to Jesus. Jesus started one single religion. 99% are false--one has truth.