Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Events that changed your life (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104363)

Bubbles235 12-08-2016 03:50 AM

Events that changed your life

Hi everyone. Lately, I have been thinking about this topic of afterlife. Sometimes, I go through my life, everything is going fine, just worrying about school, or work, and my social life. But then, something happen, that just completely take my focus off of these things. For example, car accidents. In my first accident, even though it was not very serious, it made me think how fragile my life really was. Today, someone close to me was also involved in one and it makes me think that we can die so easily, and I start to think of why we are really here, and what have I already accomplished?

So, my question to you, has there been any events in your life that made you really think about why you were here? Anything that took your focus temporarily off of your daily tasks and worries and forced you to think about your life and your death? Feel free to share :smile:

Miss Hepburn 12-08-2016 12:56 PM

Well, I have no worries of any kind...and wish that word
was erased from people's minds.
Nothing 'forces' me to think anything either.
Sorry to be so nitpicky, but I practice Thought Control, for a decade, I am in charge of my thoughts, thus,
the words I think and use.

Every death in my family or loved ones I think influences a person to suddenly
be aware of how we are ALL headed that way.
It is such an exciting thought! :icon_cheers:
A new adventure...a new dimension...getting back with
loved ones you left on the Other Side to come here!
Wow!
What a happy reunion with friends over there. :glasses9:
Can hardly wait!

Btw, I think I have probably read every single account of the Other Side and have seen
many movies about it based on mediums' communications...
Recommendation- "The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey",
based on the famous Brazilian Chico Xavier's accounts.
And, of course Anthony Borgia's, "Life in the World Unseen"-- pdf online.

metal68 13-08-2016 07:16 PM

Mothers death

Totally fractured a very settled, orderly life. Still really in chaos

Still asking questions, not sure about the answers

perhaps, PERHAPS not quite as afraid of death as I once was...

shoni7510 14-08-2016 09:58 AM

A nervous breakdown that brought me to my knees and I felt like I almost departed from this world. It made me think about my life and death and even start to prepare for my passing mentally. It brought other changes to my life the way I knew it and a whole new window was opened.

Native spirit 14-08-2016 08:15 PM

I have had three NDE and my view on life hasnt changed on any of them

Namaste

Tobi 14-08-2016 11:50 PM

I haven't had an actual NDE but had out of body experiences, and one OBE where I met a dear one who had passed. Since then I have changed a lot. I used to be very sceptical about many things and very 'scientific' with my approach....even though I'd had out of body experiences!
But that meeting with a loved one was so definite, so almost 'down-to-earth' and so happy, it changed me dramatically....or rather, it drew out of me -fast -what must have already been there.
I certainly do not fear death. And am deeply grateful for so many blessings.

wolfgaze 15-08-2016 12:15 AM

-a brush with death when I was 16 (alcohol poisoning)

-recovering from a major back surgery and being seriously tested both physically & mentally during the process

-experiencing the sudden loss of a loved one and subsequently enduring through the grieving process (this event/experience ended up having the greatest impact on my life and was a major catalyst for internal change)

wolfgaze 15-08-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
But that meeting with a loved one was so definite, so almost 'down-to-earth' and so happy, it changed me dramatically....or rather, it drew out of me -fast -what must have already been there.
I certainly do not fear death. And am deeply grateful for so many blessings.

Tobi have you ever done a thread or written out a post about that experience? Was the loved one in question your K9 companion or another 'loved one'?

metal68 15-08-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze
-a brush with death when I was 16 (alcohol poisoning)

-recovering from a major back surgery and being seriously tested both physically & mentally during the process

-experiencing the sudden loss of a loved one and subsequently enduring through the grieving process (this event/experience ended up having the greatest impact on my life and was a major catalyst for internal change)

I think I can draw a very similar parallel to your last paragraph - Just hope I come out as well as you did:smile:

Burntfruit 15-08-2016 03:52 PM

My mother's death triggered my interest in the afterlife. I wanted to know what happened to her. I could not think of anything else.

It took me a few years to find the information I was looking for, I had no idea there were books on NDEs, past life regression, channeling and so on.