Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Buddha Nature.. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119115)

sky 12-12-2017 05:30 PM

Buddha Nature..

Different Schools of Buddhism don't seem to see eye to eye on what Buddha Nature is.
I am beginning to feel that it isn't something that all sentient beings have but rather it is what we are...
I am not trying to work out what it is but rather just let it clarify itself through inner feelings.

Imzadi 12-12-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Different Schools of Buddhism don't seem to see eye to eye on what Buddha Nature is.
I am beginning to feel that it isn't something that all sentient beings have but rather it is what we are...
I am not trying to work out what it is but rather just let it clarify itself through inner feelings.

It is sometimes refreshing to not merely analyze the concept itself, but to simply allow the understanding to arise naturally on its own like a gentle summer breeze. :)

But such is the nature of our thinking minds! The thinking mind and its character imagines that it possesses things. I.E. my thoughts, my realization, my Buddha Nature, my path etc.

If we are indeed Buddha Nature Itself instead of the character that possesses the Buddha Nature, then would it be reasonable to assert that what is often referred to as "Reality As It Is" is fundamentally and pure Buddha Nature Itself?

Forgive me if my understanding of the term as used in the religious Buddhist context may be incorrect, but would Pure Buddha Nature Itself as "Reality As it Is" be something like LOVE? (LOVE as described not as an emotional or conceptual object, but the recognition of our own intrinsic NATURE in ALL things dispelling any illusion of separation?)

naturesflow 12-12-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Shifting from thought to feelings will always take you deeper to know more..

In being their is nothing to work out, but rather listen and become what wants to be known (of itself) beyond the mind.

For a predominate balanced feeler type its easy to understand, for a predominate thinker it requires a shift in perception of their normal process to actual feel this.

It seems your shifting your processing to know this.

sky 13-12-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imzadi
It is sometimes refreshing to not merely analyze the concept itself, but to simply allow the understanding to arise naturally on its own like a gentle summer breeze. :)

But such is the nature of our thinking minds! The thinking mind and its character imagines that it possesses things. I.E. my thoughts, my realization, my Buddha Nature, my path etc.

If we are indeed Buddha Nature Itself instead of the character that possesses the Buddha Nature, then would it be reasonable to assert that what is often referred to as "Reality As It Is" is fundamentally and pure Buddha Nature Itself?

Forgive me if my understanding of the term as used in the religious Buddhist context may be incorrect, but would Pure Buddha Nature Itself as "Reality As it Is" be something like LOVE? (LOVE as described not as an emotional or conceptual object, but the recognition of our own intrinsic NATURE in ALL things dispelling any illusion of separation?)

I see Buddha Nature as the ' True Self ' and when Buddha taught Anatta/Not self he was pointing this out. If I look for a self based on my understanding using thoughts, conditioning, memories etc: I can't find one. By unlearning, stripping away of the false ideas I have accumulated over time I end up with a clean slate... Buddha Nature.

Imzadi 13-12-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

a clean slate... Buddha Nature.

When Buddha Nature Remembers Itself, indescribable Metta arises:

:)

sky 13-12-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imzadi
When Buddha Nature Remembers Itself, indescribable Metta arises:

:)

My memory fails me at times :biggrin:
Lovely picture.

muffin 16-12-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Good afternoon sky :smile:

Me thinks it's not just Buddhism, but thats neither here nor there

Enigma - Return To Innocence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

sky 16-12-2017 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon sky :smile:

Me thinks it's not just Buddhism, but thats neither here nor there

Enigma - Return To Innocence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Good morning to you muffin :smile:
Yes it's not just Dharma but dharma..... Universal Law.
Love Enigma Sadness Part 1.... it makes me happy :biggrin:

jonesboy 18-12-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Do you have any links or quotes that shows how the different tradition view Buddha Nature and why you think they are saying different things?

Gem 18-12-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
Shifting from thought to feelings will always take you deeper to know more..

In being their is nothing to work out, but rather listen and become what wants to be known (of itself) beyond the mind.

For a predominate balanced feeler type its easy to understand, for a predominate thinker it requires a shift in perception of their normal process to actual feel this.

It seems your shifting your processing to know this.

True, you have to go to feeling to understand your balance, as buddhists might say 'feelings arising' - ''cravings' arising'.